Monday 25th June 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Monday 25th June 2018

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Morning ;-)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 25th June 2018

Post by Willow904 »

Morning!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Bonjour .

From the liveblog

I will lie down in front of those bulldozers,” Boris Johnson once said of Heathrow expansion. It turns out only the first three words applied.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Erdogan duly wins, but he wasn't *that* far off doing a Theresa May (and given his parliamentary majority seems to have gone, maybe he still did to some extent)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.
Matt Chorley

Verified account

@MattChorley
Follow
Follow @MattChorley

More
Whitehall source says Boris Johnson is currently in the foreign office...
So he's going to do a "Must dash. Plane to catch. To...er...crickey!...where is it I'm going to avoid this vote again?"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I note that even basically Tory loyalist pundits like Iain Dale are now saying BoJo is taking the proverbial.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Well this is excellent news...

Trade guru Shanker Singham quits over role at lobbying firm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trad ... -m5wwjh5hw
Shanker Singham quit a position on the “committee of experts” at Liam Fox’s Department for International Trade (DIT) after officials decided that there was a “potential conflict of interest”. He had been advising on trade policy while working four days a week at the Institute of Economic Affairs think tank but this month took a part-time role advising the PR firm Grayling.
Him and his team were at Legatum before this.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

And the tweet I saw was this...
Adam Ramsay
‏@AdamRamsay
2h
2 hours ago

More
Last week, the Department for International Trade press office & Shanker Singham both told me that there was no conflict between his role with a lobbying firm & his role as a government adviser.

This week, he’s quit as a government adviser.

Funny that.

:D
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... derfunding" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'
Survey of frontline staff finds chronic underfunding and redesign of services to blam
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

There's a story posted in politics live in the graun's btl comments so often today that it's difficult to think that it's not falseflag people posting it as a kind of spam - it'sthe bloomberg one suggesting that Farage knew full well from other polling that it looked like leave had won as the polls closed in the referendum, but went on tv and conceded that remain had probably won in order to manipulate the currency markets and help his mates make a killing. The idea is not a surprise but I'm slightly wary of it just because it keeps being repeated - any ideas?
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Strawberry Rhubarb - very little texture but very nice - the berries were very sweet and the rhubarb pretty tart and it all went well together.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

adam wrote:Strawberry Rhubarb - very little texture but very nice - the berries were very sweet and the rhubarb pretty tart and it all went well together.

Thanks for reporting back - I was about to put out an appeal for an update!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I suspect some sort of messaging by code
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Maybe I should have a break from the cryptics to stop assuming/looking for hidden messages/meanings.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

frog222 wrote:Bonjour .

From the liveblog

I will lie down in front of those bulldozers,” Boris Johnson once said of Heathrow expansion. It turns out only the first three words applied.
My favourite Tweet of today
So I applied for my bulldozer license in vain?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I see May's tried to scrub evidence of her objections to Heathrow. Adam Bienkov's got copies:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

adam wrote:There's a story posted in politics live in the graun's btl comments so often today that it's difficult to think that it's not falseflag people posting it as a kind of spam - it'sthe bloomberg one suggesting that Farage knew full well from other polling that it looked like leave had won as the polls closed in the referendum, but went on tv and conceded that remain had probably won in order to manipulate the currency markets and help his mates make a killing. The idea is not a surprise but I'm slightly wary of it just because it keeps being repeated - any ideas?
Carol Cadwalladr seems to think it has legs, FWIW.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I really can't imagine wo Justine is talking about here...
Justine Greening
‏Verified account

@JustineGreening
Follow
Follow @JustineGreening

More
Justine Greening Retweeted Greg Hands
Great you’re back Greg! I wouldn’t want any long term MP campaigners against #Heathrow expansion to miss their chance to represent their community. #commitment #bulldozer
:D
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Lots of digs from his "own" side at BoJo today, is there anybody on the Tory benches currently more "ex-future leader" than him?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

And UKIP slide further and further into alt-right nutjobbery.

Ukip welcomes social media activists linked to alt-right into party

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... into-party
Ukip has allowed a trio of social media activists linked to the alt-right to join the party.

The arrival of Paul Joseph Watson, Mark Meechan – better known to YouTube viewers as Count Dankula – and Carl Benjamin, who posts videos as Sargon of Akkad, will alarm some senior Ukip members already concerned at the struggling party’s direction under Gerard Batten.

Batten, who took control of the party in February on an initial one-year basis, has defined himself largely though anti-Islam rhetoric. He has also backed Tommy Robinson, the founder of the anti-Islam English Defence League (EDL) street movement, who was jailed in May for contempt of court.
:roll:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

All we need now is for Spiked to announce that they're joining UKIP as a group and we'll have all the worst fuckwits in one place...
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

BMW will shut UK sites if customs delays clog supply post-Brexit

If Mini and Rolls-Royce parts are caught up in delays, 8,000 jobs could be at at risk

BMW has said it will be forced to close its production sites in the UK, putting 8,000 jobs at risk, if components for Mini and Rolls-Royce cars are caught up in customs delays after Brexit.

In its starkest warning over Brexit yet, the customs manager of the German carmaker’s UK operations said its manufacturing set-up would not be able to cope with obstructions to its supply chain.

“We always said we can do our best and prepare everything, but if, at the end of the day the supply chain will have a stop at the border, then we cannot produce our products in the UK,” Stephan Freismuth told the Financial Times. (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ost-brexit
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:All we need now is for Spiked to announce that they're joining UKIP as a group and we'll have all the worst fuckwits in one place...
Was "Spiked" always as bad as it is now? Going back quite some years, I think I remember reading some fairly interesting things there. Of course, my memory isn't all that good . . .
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:All we need now is for Spiked to announce that they're joining UKIP as a group and we'll have all the worst fuckwits in one place...
Was "Spiked" always as bad as it is now? Going back quite some years, I think I remember reading some fairly interesting things there. Of course, my memory isn't all that good . . .
Think it's got worse since the Referendum.

And for a place that seemingly encourages free speech they have an odd tendency to spout exactly the same line as each other.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

EU banking regulator calls City's Brexit plans 'inadequate'
EBA says banks cannot yet rely on transition period agreed in principle with Brussels.

Europe’s top banking regulator has warned the financial industry its preparations for Brexit are “inadequate” and urgently need pushing forward as Britain moves closer to leaving the EU. Sounding the alarm two years after the Brexit vote, the European Banking Authority told City banks they needed to “rapidly advance” their planning for a hard Brexit – potentially putting the Bank of England at odds with the EU’s top regulator.
And I can't see we've had this one either...

Foreign businesses to UK: solve Brexit or risk £100bn in trade
Business leaders from the US, Canada, Japan and India have told the British government to solve the Brexit issue urgently or put more than £100bn worth of trade at risk.
Isn't that basically a list of the countries DFDM Liam Fox is winning us exciting new trade deals with?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Just for the record -

Heathrow vote:

Ayes: 415
Noes: 119.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Crace -- boris-johnson-wastes-day-visiting-country-he-didnt-need-to-visit

The only one available was the number two ....:-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... d-to-visit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;