Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th July 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th July 2018

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Willow904 wrote:I just had a moment of panic on Twitter. Coming back to an unusually high number of notifications I discovered the reason was because John Rentoul had replied to one of my tweets and he was agreeing with me. Fortunately, on investigation, I realised the comment he agreed with was simply a technical statement of fact and I haven't embarrassed myself in front of Rentoul followers (I hope!).

I was basically saying there won't be a vote on "no deal". We would just leave automatically without one. There can only be a vote/decision on accepting a deal or on postponing/revoking article 50.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this ;-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Willow904 wrote:I just had a moment of panic on Twitter. Coming back to an unusually high number of notifications I discovered the reason was because John Rentoul had replied to one of my tweets and he was agreeing with me. Fortunately, on investigation, I realised the comment he agreed with was simply a technical statement of fact and I haven't embarrassed myself in front of Rentoul followers (I hope!).

I was basically saying there won't be a vote on "no deal". We would just leave automatically without one. There can only be a vote/decision on accepting a deal or on postponing/revoking article 50.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this ;-)
Over the cliff !

PS -- It's perfectly OK, Mr Reesmogg assures us that the water is deeep enough ....

SPLAT !
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Iconically, the Tory who took Cameron's old seat has resigned his front bench position to vote against May's Brexit plan.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well more accurately, they did their bit.

At the end of the day though, HRC lost it more than Trump or his proxies winning it.
My American nephew was visiting us recently, I checked with him that they all voted for HRC although I was 99.999..% sure they would. He said 'even Mom voted, she never voted before, even though she doesn't like HRC'.

I said, nobody likes HRC, wasn't that exactly the problem. :roll:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Just an aside - what was Donald Trump suggesting that Theresa May sue the EU for?

Edited to add -

PTO
I doubt if even Trump knows. But it makes for a good soundbite.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

PorFavor wrote:Just an aside - what was Donald Trump suggesting that Theresa May sue the EU for?

Edited to add -

PTO
I haven't a clue, liked this though.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The foe, in the president’s view,
Is foremost & first the EU.
The Brexiting Brits,
He therefore submits,
Should call off discussions & sue.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Meeting government targets on immigration means £12bn hit to public finances, say Global Futures
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 48261.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The "one leadership challenge a year" rule - is that a calendar year, or a rolling year? Does anyone here know, please?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I've just watched footage of Donald Trump and Melancholia Trump arrive in Helsinki. Stairs were involved - but no hand-holding. Discuss.

Edited - typo (Heksinki?)