Wednesday 18th July 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 18th July 2018

Post by HindleA »

And applied to the obvious tend to have shorter lives,I find obscene.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@cja true,but the cost saving obviousness doesn't seem to get through.There is only one way it isn't cost saving,that is what I find horrific.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@cja in my thankfully brief experience,the JSA online application was "accepted",until asked to completely redo at a now non existing jobcentre.I got naff all,pursuing wasn't worth it as many don't,barely half.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 18 Jul, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:@cja true,but the cost saving obviousness doesn't seem to get through.There is only one way it isn't cost saving,that is what I find horrific.
Please write more, what are you specifically referring to? I've written and read a number of different things and I'm off-topic, apologies.

edited to add I understand now, I'd not seen your next post
Last edited by citizenJA on Wed 18 Jul, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:For the record, the constituency is 'Barrow and Furness'
Yes, after I'd gone out I thought it probably was right. :oops:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Ian Birrell
@ianbirrell
Even for Boris Johnson his resignation speech was shallow, vacuous and self-serving nonsense. He has nothing to say beyond repetitious cliches while blaming everyone but himself for the damage done by his selfish actions.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Government is stuck
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://twitter.com/donaeldunready?lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Once again STUPID SCRIBES scribed what I said and not what I SAID at Moot with @VladimirKhagan. What I said was MANY other kingdoms could've paid geld to make me King. Cos I am THE MOST POPULAR KING in so many kingdoms. Wessex, Gwynedd, Cumberland. All wish I was their king! FACT
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Ah, there you all are - hiding on page 2. But I found you (eventually)!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I wondered where you were
Good to see you!
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:Government is stuck
You bet ! It's all a little grimmer ...

EU assault on May's white paper heightens 'no deal' Brexit fears

Europe’s officials lay into PM’s plan, with top diplomat saying it will not be basis of talks

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... exit-fears" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Crace nails ABdPJ --

boris-johnsons-fans-wanted-a-roaring-lion-they-got-a-paper-tiger

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... t-a-paper-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The livethread tweets after that resignation speech are er fun --

@robertshrimsley
Classic Boris: a speech designed to wound but not to kill in the hope that others will do the dirty work for him

4:55 PM - Jul 18, 2018

Jenni Russell @jennirsl

Repetitious tripe in @BorisJohnson ‘s resignation speech. Literally nothing new. Vacant exhortations glorious future etc. Complains Govt didn’t turn Brexit into workable plan. But it’s impossible-Boris sold UK a fantasy he never expected to deliver. And he still has no idea how

4:25 PM - Jul 18, 2018
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

BTL at Crace -- FloreatInertia 33m ago

I imagine that when he resigned, there wasn’t a dry glass in the whole Foreign Office.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sienna Rodgers @siennamarla

I'm told Kate Hoey has now said she will not attend her next local Labour meeting, which will debate a motion calling for her suspension and ineligibility for reselection.
1:51 PM - Jul 18, 2018
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sienna Rodgers @siennamarla

Full text of motion going to Vauxhall GC next week: pic.twitter.com/IOR9n7ceIO
2:27 PM - Jul 18, 2018
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Matt Thomas @Trickyjabs

A summary of John Woodock:
2015: CLP complaint against his behaviour
2017: CLP deeply concerned at his effectiveness as MP
2017: 2500+ local voters sign petition to have him removed
2018: CLP make official complaint to NEC
2018: CLP ask to have him replaced

He's really unpopular
10:18 AM - Jul 18, 2018
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com ... aking.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we now have an open, furious conflict between at least three factions – government, ERG, and remainer rebels – the first of which has an unworkable policy, the second of which has no policy, and the third of which has a policy which it is too scared to actually mention.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Revealed: depth of Home Office failures on Windrush

Government received repeated warnings over several years but failed to take action (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... n-windrush
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

OK, back from a gig with a theory...shoot it down if you will.

1. The Labour right feel that an election is on the cards in the Autumn since the Tories are nowhere even close to getting an agreement on our future relationship with he EU. The Tories are back where they were in the early 90s.
2. They also believe - probably rightly - that the majority of Labour voters and a fair number of others would jump at the chance of voting for a party which says "We'll stay put"
3. They don't believe that Corbyn will ever put forward a manifesto on a Remain basis so he has to go.
4. Next, find a pretext for getting him out. The hysteria over the anti-Semitism issue this week is remarkable given that (I) the NEC - not Corbyn himself - have adopted the wording of the definition but not all of the examples. Woodcock's resignation this week is not a coincidence

This is worth reading and is what I was looking for yesterday. Those who seek to call the whole of the original IHRA document "the definition" are, IMO, doing so deliberately so that they can say that the NEC are weakening it.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brian- ... -two-texts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/southg ... 18748.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mean lady
waistcoat wednesday
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

But despite not fully agreeing with his position on Brexit, most party members continue to support Corbyn - so how can hostile MPs "get him out"?

If they are using IHRA as a pretext, then its a pretty unconvincing and transparent one.

Parliament goes into recess next week too.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've had just about enough of this now. Every time a little chink of sanity seems about to shine through it's immediately snuffed out.

So the only hope we have left is that a cross party majority of MPs regain their wits at the the very last moment, work together, and refuse to countenance a no deal Brexit? How likely does that sound given their behaviour so far? You could dangle most of the Tory party over a precipice and they'd rather fall and take everyone else with them than work with Labour MP's, and the same could be said with the parties reversed. Everything about Brexit since the vote has been wishful thinking, from the deluded optimism of the Brexiters to the Remainer's self deception thinking they could stop it all or mitigate it's worst effects. All of it has been bullshit, and unfortunately that shit is about to hit a very large fan. I thought last week that maybe, just maybe, May had been playing a canny game with her hard Brexit loonies and that she stood a chance of facing them down, but no. She caved instantly once she realised the extent of the mutinous mood amongst her gammon faced party membership. And then we have Lib Dems who can't be arsed turning up to vote and Labour fuckers like Hoey and Mann who I'd rather weren't in the party to vote at all.

There are those on the Left who welcome a no deal Brexit because it'll teach the Brexiters a lesson. I'm not one of them. It'll be a disaster. It'll be chaos. And unfortunately the people who are most adept at profiting from chaos, both financially and politically, are the Right. Having grown up in Southern Scotland and North East England under Thatcher I've seen whole areas laid waste, I've lived in them, and you know what? There was no Left wing revolution to save us. It took nearly 20 years and even then the best we got was Blair.

So in summary, we're fucked. And it would appear there's not a whole lot we can do about it. I might just go and live in the mountains somewhere and live off moss and worms. Won't have any olive oil to cook them in though will I? Dickheads.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Personally I can't help thinking poisoned chalice at this stage. If Labour were in in March, it's easy to imagine that the Tory ****up post-Brexit fallout will stick to them (Labour) forever.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Politics now so surreal being involved or not seems irrelevant.
Never mind the EU, when's someone going to sue Cameron for all this?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Trump blames Putin personally for election meddling in latest reversal
After clashing statements on who was responsible, president claims he told Russian leader: ‘We can’t have this’
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... russia-cbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Handbasket.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

From Tinyclanger's link.

Donald Trump now says he holds the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, personally responsible for his country’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, further walking back a statement on Monday that drew bipartisan rebukes.

Asked if he agreed with US intelligence assessments that Russia meddled in the election in 2016, Trump replied: “Yeah, and I’ve said that before, Jeff. I have said that numerous times before, and I would say that is true, yeah.”

Asked what he had said to Putin during a one-on-one meeting the two had in Helsinki on Monday, Trump replied: “Very strong on the fact that we can’t have meddling, we can’t have any of that.”

Honest to god it's like listening to a fucking five year old. At least five year olds have an excuse in that their brains are only partially developed and they have a limited range of experience. But it's not like people didn't know what to expect from him. They voted for him knowing he was a cretin. They voted for him knowing he was a narcissistic freak. They voted for him knowing he would happily lie to their faces. They voted for him knowing he was a racist misogynistic sex pest. So having him essentially behave in a way that Republicans would previously have regarded as traitorous then try to pretend it didn't happen isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. He said it himself, he could shoot people and his followers would still vote for him.

If you swapped Trump for Nixon and put them in the same Watergate situation Trump, nowadays, would get away with it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Fuck this, time to self medicate my anger problem.