Thursday 19th July 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 19th July 2018

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good time to turn over?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:20-25 years ago,I remember a supermarket where you picked up a hand held scanner on entry and did it yourself,with spot checks.
Any market without staff is free range
thank you very much indeed
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]cFRk0FfaQi0[/youtube]

(Close enough)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

They had staff,it was an option,in my very limited experience with the self checkout things in Smiths etc,seems to be staff dealing/helping with that,in banks they try to get you to use a machine sometimes I don't want to.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Speed isn't always the best,I prefer talking/dealing with people.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Good time to turn over?
Has anyone told Por Favor?
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1537-ex ... ew_medium=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[politics]

Is this real? Ex CIA bloke exhorts citizens of America to murder other citizens of America?
"Trump supporters will come to his defense with rifles if necessary," he said. "That's just the way it is."
I guess we don't bother doing anything about this kind of stuff any more, since it doesn't involve facial topiary or Kim Kardashian.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Speed isn't always the best,I prefer talking/dealing with people.
Yes
:rock:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

@donaeldunready
8h8 hours ago
More
Lotta folc asking why we should defend the the Manx from Viking Rus attack now they're part of North Britain Treaty Org. Gotta say, Manx is a tiny Isle with very strong people, very aggressive people. They get aggressive and wow, you're in Welsh War 3. #TailsYouLose
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Green Day's 'American Idiot' Surges on Rock Charts Following UK Trump Protests
https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/ ... p-protests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Do people still use the word "rock"? It feels a bit like saying "gramophone".)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Good time to turn over?
Has anyone told Por Favor?
No. I'm beginning to think that it's a deliberate omission. But you're all just delaying the (eventually) inevitable.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Don’t worry, a no-deal Brexit won’t be allowed to happen
- Simon Jenkins

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -wto-march" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't care for Jenkins' cavalier assessment. Current government is a toxic troll posting intentional garbage no longer having anything but one toxic post after another. Argument continuation is their single goal.

Tory government are playing with the lives and prosperity of millions. It's not funny.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:@donaeldunready
8h8 hours ago
More
Lotta folc asking why we should defend the the Manx from Viking Rus attack now they're part of North Britain Treaty Org. Gotta say, Manx is a tiny Isle with very strong people, very aggressive people. They get aggressive and wow, you're in Welsh War 3. #TailsYouLose
I started laughing but stopped abruptly
it's too close to the bone
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Given the usual level of Jenkins accuracy (basically, not much higher than DFH) maybe we really should be getting worried now :?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Given the usual level of Jenkins accuracy (basically, not much higher than DFH) maybe we really should be getting worried now :?
Yes.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

iain watson

Verified account

@iainjwatson
Follow
Follow @iainjwatson

More
Downing st says the PM has full confidence in the chief whip and he hasn’t offered his resignation #pairing

:D

"Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning..."
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

My word the antisemitism thing has really spiralled today. The phrase "jumped the shark" comes to mind.

Javid has basically accused Corbyn of being a Holocaust denier (on Twitter) and the Jewish Chronicle has Hodge's "antisemitic and racist" as its front page.

If there was a shred of evidence that these things were true we would surely have seen it by now.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Once something is changed, it is regarded as truth and also regarded as always have been true. For example, if Big Brother made a prediction and the prediction came out wrong, then workers like Winston re-write the prediction so it’s accurate.

https://writingasiplease.wordpress.com/ ... inistries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Jenkin's article seems very confused even for him. On the one hand he is saying 'allowing x arrangements to come to an end would be so awful that it obviously won't be allowed to happen, just because' which appears to be pretty much all we have to offer as a negotiating strategy, but then also says that obviously we'll end up with a Norway style deal. The government have been charging away from that at an accellerated pace recently.

The specific points he makes about air travel and regulation are just not thought through at all, and come straight out of the 'they need us more than we need them' nursery of thought.

It's true that there would be short term calamatous consequences if UK made parts for aeroplanes were suddenly not considered acceptable but there will almost certainly be two follow ons from this. One is that if push comes to shove the EU will give Airbus (and whoever else across however many sectors) a short term transition arrangement on very strict and clear conditions that they move all of their business to a regulatory compliant state.

Secondly though is the big thing - the EU and the nations of the EU are not going to give us any deals in any areas which give us 'better' trading relationships with them than they have with each other. That's what we're asking for when we ask to stay inside regulatory bodies but without ECJ oversight, or to have free movement of goods but that's all. A cliff-edge exit may have terrible short term consequences for a particular sector, but if we're allowed to rewrite the rules then the EU will fall apart (as, for an obvious current example, Italy and Hungary demand the same rights and releases as we are claiming) and rebuilding the entire continent's system from scratch would be a lot more disruptive than getting sectors to move out of the UK.
I still believe in a town called Hope
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/can-the- ... h-11441931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Can the PM remould her Brexit deal on the potter's wheel in Fermanagh?"
When things go wrong at Belleek Pottery, the artist places the clay back on the wheel and starts over again.
Perhaps that is why Theresa May choose the County Fermanagh factory for her first visit to the Irish border since becoming prime minister .
This irritated me at first, but it's growing on me.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

David Davis
‏@David_Davis_UK
22h
22 hours ago

More
In a city you are never more than six feet from a rat. An average rat will provide all the protein your family for a day. #NoDealSurvival
:lol:

In other news, Microsoft need a good kicking for the Windows 10 update that seems to ensure that I can't view any photos now...so the ones I took from today's batch of building plans...nope, file system error 2147219196...like many other people it seems.

What with that major upgrade cockup the other month, they're playing a blinder right now. Gits.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

David Davis actually posted that tweet?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:David Davis actually posted that tweet?
Nah, parody account...