FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Fri 14 Dec, 2018 1:14 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Monday 23rd July 2018
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: Wombwell, United Kingdom
Has thanked: 912 times
Been thanked: 6147 times
Morning all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:59 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 22107
Has thanked: 17453 times
Been thanked: 31960 times
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cash ... north-east


Press release

Cash injection for Northern Powerhouse as Cabinet visits North East

_________________
"under consideration "/may self destruct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:13 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 22107
Has thanked: 17453 times
Been thanked: 31960 times
:-


Attachments:
IMG_20180723_081105_kindlephoto-6698020.jpg
IMG_20180723_081105_kindlephoto-6698020.jpg [ 48.13 KiB | Viewed 961 times ]

_________________
"under consideration "/may self destruct.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:15 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 22107
Has thanked: 17453 times
Been thanked: 31960 times
This research, released as part of Shelter's social housing commission, shows more than 33,000 families are holding down a job despite living in temporary accommodation.

This has increased by 73% since 2013 when it was 19,000 families.

_________________
"under consideration "/may self destruct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6383
Has thanked: 2245 times
Been thanked: 10582 times
HindleA wrote:
This research, released as part of Shelter's social housing commission, shows more than 33,000 families are holding down a job despite living in temporary accommodation.

This has increased by 73% since 2013 when it was 19,000 families.

I don't know how they cope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6383
Has thanked: 2245 times
Been thanked: 10582 times
HindleA wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cash-injection-for-northern-powerhouse-as-cabinet-visits-north-east


Press release

Cash injection for Northern Powerhouse as Cabinet visits North East

What about all the other Northern Poorhouse rail projects that still haven't happened?

We can't believe a single word she says.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
In this grim age of Trump and Brexit, online fury is a dead end for the left John Harris

" Progressives obsessed by Twitter spats and social media takedowns of the day’s chosen foe lose sight of what is really going on "

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ump-brexit

So Danny Dyer also voted Leave . Twat !

Reading Peston's WTF, chapter 3 is "The Age of Emotion" which likewise describes the uselessness of LEFTY FB and twitter spats while the serious business of social change from the Right uses those tools to WIN votes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7526
Has thanked: 4577 times
Been thanked: 17406 times
Morning all.

Dearie me...

Image

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 5217
Has thanked: 10556 times
Been thanked: 12693 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
Morning all.

Dearie me...

Image



I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but what exactly have any of these people "got done" that is to the benefit of the average person and beyond the means of a non-authoritarian "strongman" to achieve?

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:34 am 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8346
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 17509 times
A useful idiot in the purest sense of that phrase.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 22107
Has thanked: 17453 times
Been thanked: 31960 times
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnists/ ... -mordaunt/



It’s utterly hypocritical for the Tories to push for disabled rights on the world stage while ignoring them at home

_________________
"under consideration "/may self destruct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
Don’t wish for a new party to end the Brexit mess. It will be a far-right one Martha Gill

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... right-ukip

"" The secret to the leave campaign’s success was offering the disenfranchised someone to blame for their troubles. A new rightwing party can say they’ve been tricked out of this hard-won justice. And if there’s one thing more compelling than telling people they have been done over, it’s telling them they’ve been done over twice.""

There will also always be more $'s coming from Mercer, Koch bros .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2660
Has thanked: 5755 times
Been thanked: 6121 times
*unt is an idiot*, part 1183
Quote:
Hunt said:

Without a real change in approach from the EU negotiators we do now face a real risk of a no deal by accident, and that would be incredibly challenging economically. Britain would find that challenging, but in the end we would find a way not just to survive but to thrive economically. But my real concern is that it would change British public attitudes to Europe for a generation.

*A corrupt, hypocritical, greedy idiot. Sure Jeremy, you're really concerned.

Is this an improvement? Should we be grateful for superficial politeness?

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15608
Has thanked: 85912 times
Been thanked: 13857 times
Good-afternoon, everyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
citizenJA wrote:
Good-afternoon, everyone

Bonjour !

Do you think they carefully select the photos of 'Unt to make him look so smug ,

or does he always look like that ?

29° here ! Also high tide, but I'm leaving that for those who feel they need a grilling .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15608
Has thanked: 85912 times
Been thanked: 13857 times
frog222 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
Good-afternoon, everyone

Bonjour !

Do you think they carefully select the photos of 'Unt to make him look so smug ,

or does he always look like that ?

29° here ! Also high tide, but I'm leaving that for those who feel they need a grilling .
I don't look at images of JHunt
I've been all the better for it

hotter than blue blazes here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 3:36 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8346
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 17509 times
frog222 wrote:
Don’t wish for a new party to end the Brexit mess. It will be a far-right one Martha Gill

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... right-ukip

"" The secret to the leave campaign’s success was offering the disenfranchised someone to blame for their troubles. A new rightwing party can say they’ve been tricked out of this hard-won justice. And if there’s one thing more compelling than telling people they have been done over, it’s telling them they’ve been done over twice.""

There will also always be more $'s coming from Mercer, Koch bros .


Making this point has been described as "appeasement", and it remains true that hard-core Brexiteers are going to cry betrayal almost whatever happens. But anybody who knows their history has to accept how powerful a "stabbed in the back" narrative can be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
frog222 wrote:
Don’t wish for a new party to end the Brexit mess. It will be a far-right one Martha Gill

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... right-ukip

"" The secret to the leave campaign’s success was offering the disenfranchised someone to blame for their troubles. A new rightwing party can say they’ve been tricked out of this hard-won justice. And if there’s one thing more compelling than telling people they have been done over, it’s telling them they’ve been done over twice.""

There will also always be more $'s coming from Mercer, Koch bros .


Making this point has been described as "appeasement", and it remains true that hard-core Brexiteers are going to cry betrayal almost whatever happens. But anybody who knows their history has to accept how powerful a "stabbed in the back" narrative can be.


Who is 'appeasing' who ?

Agree with the last sentence , of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
The Monday Trump -- Russian interference in the election was a 'Hoax' ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqg8AcFNd7s



Hope that is clear ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15608
Has thanked: 85912 times
Been thanked: 13857 times
Someone wakeup PorFavor, please
turning it off and back on again isn't doing the trick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:36 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8346
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 17509 times
citizenJA wrote:
Someone wakeup PorFavor, please
turning it off and back on again isn't doing the trick


Hope they are OK, naturally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
Minister of State

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 5:13 am
Posts: 417
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 1067 times
VIDEO: 'Welcome to Newcastle!'

PM @theresa_may incorrectly welcomes Cabinet to Newcastle.
When she's actually at The Sage in Gateshead...

@itvtynetees


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 8:18 pm
Posts: 7225
Has thanked: 7656 times
Been thanked: 11640 times
SGO wrote:
I'm a Northerner. Proper North not your pansy southern idea of the North.

And it was odd visiting the 'East Midlands' this weekend I saw more English flags flying than I've ever seen in my life. I always assumed that idiot patriotism grew more concentrated the further down the country you went but I was surprised.

I mean we northerners like to take the piss out of southerners being clueless about us but frankly I haven't got a fucking clue about anything south of the Peak district.

I know the basics, enough to know they deserve what they get.

For voting Tory.

But in the North East you'll see very few England flags.

More Norwegian.


Norway for Brexit. Midlands terrible for voting Tory. All those foxes.

_________________
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 8:18 pm
Posts: 7225
Has thanked: 7656 times
Been thanked: 11640 times
Those figures on working homeless are truly appalling. What sort of a nation are we.
(whoever "we" are)

_________________
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 6:58 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8346
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 17509 times
55DegreesNorth wrote:
VIDEO: 'Welcome to Newcastle!'

PM @theresa_may incorrectly welcomes Cabinet to Newcastle.
When she's actually at The Sage in Gateshead...

@itvtynetees


Most of the people at these very stage-managed "meet the voters" exercises just look terribly bored tbh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7526
Has thanked: 4577 times
Been thanked: 17406 times
On Today this morning I heard - maybe in their review of papers - that apparently "new research" shows that the tax burden is the highest for 50 year!


OK, that "new research" was found by downloading the Public Finances Databank from the OBR website - just like anyone can do (including me as I just have).

So...tax burden %age = Total taxes / GDP.

Anyone hazard a guess as to why that percentage might rise?

And have a guess as to where this stunning "new research" came from...

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
Attachment:
4872.jpg
4872.jpg [ 64.44 KiB | Viewed 624 times ]

martin-rowson-on-theresa-mays-brexit-roadshow

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ow-cartoon

Wicked Crace, I'm, almost, beginning to feel sorry for the Maybot --

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eld-moment


Last edited by refitman on Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin: image size


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15608
Has thanked: 85912 times
Been thanked: 13857 times
I don't feel sorry for May
She's made choices
She wants to be PM, she wants Tory leadership of the UK
No one forces her to continue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
REFITMAN - thanks for the editing :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15608
Has thanked: 85912 times
Been thanked: 13857 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
On Today this morning I heard - maybe in their review of papers - that apparently "new research" shows that the tax burden is the highest for 50 year!


OK, that "new research" was found by downloading the Public Finances Databank from the OBR website - just like anyone can do (including me as I just have).

So...tax burden %age = Total taxes / GDP.

Anyone hazard a guess as to why that percentage might rise?

And have a guess as to where this stunning "new research" came from...
It's been a hot day
Just tell me, please


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7526
Has thanked: 4577 times
Been thanked: 17406 times
citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
On Today this morning I heard - maybe in their review of papers - that apparently "new research" shows that the tax burden is the highest for 50 year!


OK, that "new research" was found by downloading the Public Finances Databank from the OBR website - just like anyone can do (including me as I just have).

So...tax burden %age = Total taxes / GDP.

Anyone hazard a guess as to why that percentage might rise?

And have a guess as to where this stunning "new research" came from...
It's been a hot day
Just tell me, please


:D

1. The %age will rise if the GDP forecast are lowered - as has happened here. Basic maths.

2. C'mon you're not that tired - it was the super transparent TaxPayers Alliance...

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7526
Has thanked: 4577 times
Been thanked: 17406 times
Oh FFS!


Quote:
The Telegraph

Verified account

@Telegraph
Follow
Follow @Telegraph

More
After Brexit, we can give Isil terrorists the justice they deserve – and that means the death penalty, writes Col Richard Kemp


The rabid right would just love us to leave the Council of Europe as well wo we can drop the ECHR - which a Tory wrote in the first place.

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 8:18 pm
Posts: 7225
Has thanked: 7656 times
Been thanked: 11640 times
Hell.
Handbasket.

_________________
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1838
Has thanked: 5133 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
tinyclanger2 wrote:
Hell.
Handbasket.

Bring back flogging, you know it makes sense !

Midnight , NN !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Sky'sGoneOut and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group