Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018

Post by HindleA »

Morning

DWP set to refund 4,000 jobseekers

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018

Post by HindleA »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... e-13026233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disgraceful' £2-an-hour job ad appears on Tory Esther McVey's favourite website for summer work
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

John Prescott: I refuse to accept the Labour Party is racist and anti-Semitic

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... r-13028052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The Israel First intifada against Evil Oppressor Corbyn continues !

"" A spokesperson for the Campaign Against Antisemitism dismissed the Guardian article as “vague and meaningless”.

He said: “There is no acknowledgement of his own role in this crisis. There is no apology for his antisemitic activity in the past, but he has hypocritically condemned as antisemitic behaviour that he himself has been guilty of.

“He has again preached to Jews that he is right to have rewritten the international definition of antisemitism.

“By his action over the years as well as by failing even now to take on board the full concerns of the Jewish community, we remain convinced that Jeremy Corbyn is an antisemite and under his leadership the once anti-racist Labour Party has become institutionally antisemitic and an existential threat to British Jewry.
”""

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 76711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A bit of coincidence with another poster just now ...

7.52 @ “Frog: Corbyn picked the wrong people to do his homework for him?”

frog2222 7:59 “It doesn’t look as though the essay written by the ‘Corbyn team’ has done the slightest bit of good. Knock me down with a feather !”
———————————————————————

Back to serious business, a funny one on Spike Lee’s new film Black Klansman on Toady earlier .The black cop becomes good friends with David Duke online, and a white cop does the meetings .

” They’re not the brightest lightbulbs in the socket”.

Talking of which ,have Tory cuts in Police /CPSO’s really had no effect in the fight against rightwing extremism ?

--------------------------------------------------------

Veg market, good day all :-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://makingrightsmakesense.wordpress ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Middle aged people – time for our revolution!
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://makingrightsmakesense.wordpress ... ssion=true

Middle aged people – time for our revolution!
My Ma went in January, at 90.
She had me when she was 20 , so this is addressed to my children, average age 40 ! :-)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

George Peretz QC

@GeorgePeretzQC
Follow Follow @GeorgePeretzQC
More
The point, in a nutshell, is that at the time of the referendum there was a general failure to understand the extent to which our legal, political, and economic arrangements had become tied up with the EU.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article he's responding to is here
https://quillette.com/2018/08/03/britai ... st-revolt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's lots in it I disagree with, but the main thing is that it overlooks "Decades of negative UK media", as this chap says:

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Barclaygraph spoiling us with its "premium" content yet again :D
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

No joyous tidings from across the Channel, then? Theresa May is certainly keeping quiet about them if there are. Perhaps it's a surprise . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]C7kUDkK70qQ[/youtube]
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

29 AGAIN !
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

frog222 wrote:29 AGAIN !
Birthday? Or am I missing the point?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° !
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

No joyous tidings from across the Channel, then? Theresa May is certainly keeping quiet about them if there are. Perhaps it's a surprise . . .
Tbf the relative silence *could* be a good sign. Not holding my breath admittedly.....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The Guardian view on creative workers: Britain needs them
British creative industries generated almost £92bn in 2016 and grew at twice the average of the UK economy....
According to the Creative Industries Federation, more than a third of creative workers are self-employed – compared with 15% across the economy.

...violinists, artists, ballet dancers, film editors, lighting designers, curators, fashion photographers, authors, games designers, and a host of other British workers whose success depends on their ability to take a short-term contract in Germany or Italy, or to appear at festivals in the Netherlands or France. Many British orchestras are made up of freelance players.

Were they faced with a European tour that involved acquiring visas for each country they wished to visit it could utterly debilitate them.
A UK band gets a phone call from a music venue organiser somewhere within the EU asking if they can do a gig day after tomorrow. UK organisers do the same, ringing up bands not based in the UK on short notice asking if they can play. This happens all the time; people make their living doing this.

People working in creative industries rely on the ease freedom of movement making ventures profitable for all concerned. Requiring visas changes all this.

Comments were closed below the line before 200 posts and many posting didn't seem to read the article. I was unable to make the point I'm attempting here.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Afternoon all.

Someone has just unearthed this from 2 years ago...dearie me...

Check the dates and the associations...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegida_UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Been sawing a tractor bucketload of branches, now time for drying-off, hydration and some light relief !

Michael1611 -- absolutely ghastly. What will it be like after Brexit?

conejo @ Michael1611 -- It'll be fine. You won't be able to afford to travel abroad.

I don't think this writer was exaggerating very much :-)

The sheer hell that is heading off on holiday from Britain
Patrick Collinson

ryanair-stansted-storms-chaos

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... orms-chaos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

In leap years?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Apparently Tom Harris has finally left Labour.

Yes, the Tom Harris who has been writing for the Daily Telegraph for the past two years and who - apparently - spoke approvingly enough about the Taxpayers Alliance that they cited him in an annual report.

A great loss to the left I'm sure you'll agree...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... xit-nhs-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Fears for NHS as apprenticeships fail to plug gaps left by Brexit brain drain"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
In leap years?
A fair bit closer to that than to zero, come to think of it !

It's cooled down to 26.5, but not sure I have the courage to do any more werk :-)
So continue skiving . This from the latest RESIGNER isn't on amazon uk, and no reviews stateside, odd ?

Now for Frank Field --

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... birkenhead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I need to balance Nunns and Peston .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... some-staff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anger and confusion as ‘complex’ NHS pay deal disappoints staff
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... mg00000003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

frog222 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
In leap years?
A fair bit closer to that than to zero, come to think of it !

It's cooled down to 26.5, but not sure I have the courage to do any more werk :-)
So continue skiving . This from the latest RESIGNER isn't on amazon uk, and no reviews stateside, odd ?

Even the title is a rip off of the book Austin Mitchell wrote after the 1983 GE. Almost certainly that was a much better read too.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Windrush victims ‘gagged’ with non-disclosure agreements in return for fast-track compensation
Exclusive: Fury over confidentiality deals – despite home secretary telling MPs: ‘No one will be asked to sign any kind of non-disclosure agreement’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 76441.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"I have no idea as to why someone that labels people that happen to support someone I don't as hard left cultists en masse on that basis gets the (seeked for as "confirmation")reaction they do,I'm thinking of leaving the party for the eightieth time.Corbyn is weak as well as unbending,a dangerous radical with no sign of radicalism etc."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"My knee jerk reactionism is far better than theirs"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Labour has always had a fair amount of arseholes regardless of the wingism applied or self applied.People-eh?

And I should know.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... um-seekers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Serco to pause plans to evict asylum seekers after Glasgow protests
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Labour has always had a fair amount of arseholes regardless of the wingism applied or self applied.People-eh?

And I should know.
In all seriousness, you're right
Labour includes all sorts by default; it's a party for many
Tories are the party of one power
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you
goodnight, everyone
cJA
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... um-seekers

Serco to pause plans to evict asylum seekers after Glasgow protests
Going back a few years the Scots were at times (at least) well ahead of the English in protesting 'actively' against the Atos application of those evil WCA 'assessments' .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Final Say: Leading Conservative Brexiteers told to explain speeches showing they supported second referendum on final EU deal
Jacob Rees-Mogg and David Davis among MPs accused of ‘backtracking’ on previous support for further poll

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 77686.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Old youtubes are fun ! NN
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote:Going back a few years the Scots were at times (at least) well ahead of the English in protesting 'actively' against the Atos application of those evil WCA 'assessments' .
Never mind going back a few years, the SNP have banned private contractors from making benefit assessments. It's part of their social security bill that was passed without opposition in April. Even the Tories voted for it. Unfortunately the devolved powers didn't allow them control over ESA or UC, but if you're applying for PIP in Scotland you'll see a doctor working for the state, not a 'health professional' looking to make money from other people's misery.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Had an over the garden fence conversation today with my brother's neighbours who permanently fly an English flag and are strong Brexit supporters.

They're both in their late seventies, he's ex-forces and she blames immigrants for everything. To give one example from this afternoon she actually claimed the reason they couldn't get a decent gardener was because immigrants had taken all the gardening jobs and foreigners didn't understand British horticulture. This is in a place that has no immigrants, where you hear no foreign accents, where you see no shifty looking foreign types. And that's just one instance of her frankly insane nonsense. Yet she represents millions of people in this country, her outlook is the norm, not ours. Especially in places where immigration is minimal to nonexistent. It's infuriating to talk to such idiots but what am I supposed to do? I'm a guest here so can't just laugh in her face and tell her to fuck off. In the end I just tried to move the conversation on to talk about bees but she decided it was much more interesting to tell me how much money her daughter earned and how big her house was. And the neighbour on the other side is a recluse who spies on people with a telescope and never turns his lights off, even during the day. One of his upstairs windows broke a few years ago and he's never had it fixed so he now has birds nesting in his house. I've been watching sparrows going in and out. He does however, it appears, accept parcels, there was one of those royal mail cards when I arrived saying one had been left with him but he won't answer the door. I've been trying since Tuesday.

There's nothing like visiting rural Cheshire to remind you that maybe you're the sane one after all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... nch-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benefit cap inquiry re-launched

The justifications/aims are just nonsense of course,not least because overwhelmingly not expected to work.9,300 "moved out of work" due to the benefit cap (more than left) according to the latest figures.And that's through gritted teeth not including scumbags that receive CA (though not all carers)or have a partner die.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And you can be in work,they and the media lie.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Mostly it's just useless journalism for the likes of the BBC.

Can you name me one BBC journalist you trust or respect?

After Paxman left for about a glorious week or two Newsnight had James O'Brien and Eddie Mair, then settled down to Evan (just shave your head dude) Davis and Emily (how the hell have I fluked this job) Maitlis.

And the radio is worse. I heard a presenter on radio 5 recently. A grown woman. Not know that the Sun wasn't a planet. And she had no idea why our seasons happen. A child should know this stuff. And yet there she is blathering on offering little pearls of her wisdom every fucking morning. No wonder this country has such a high concentration of fuckwits.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
frog222 wrote:Going back a few years the Scots were at times (at least) well ahead of the English in protesting 'actively' against the Atos application of those evil WCA 'assessments' .
Never mind going back a few years, the SNP have banned private contractors from making benefit assessments. It's part of their social security bill that was passed without opposition in April. Even the Tories voted for it. Unfortunately the devolved powers didn't allow them control over ESA or UC, but if you're applying for PIP in Scotland you'll see a doctor working for the state, not a 'health professional' looking to make money from other people's misery.
I didn't know the current situation, but had hopes, that is very good news !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

R4 tells me that TomWatson wants Labour to fold on the IHRA ‘internationally recognised’** definition , and then everything will be luvly .

Doesn’t he know the Israel Firsters intend to FOAD Corbyn ? (Though he+ his Team do seem to be assisting them rather well .)

** I love ‘internationally recognised’ ! It reminds me of my other propaganda favourite, so I’m just off to town to get some ‘military grade’ croissants and a baguette .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro survives drone assassination attempt

President blames Colombia after aerial devices appeared to explode while he was making a speech to troops in Caracas (Guardian)
I've tried, but I can't help thinking that Leslie Nielsen is missing from the photo'.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... rs-scatter

Oh - and still no news about the Theresa May\Emmanuel Macron meeting.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ania-trump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Melania Trump praises LeBron James in statement after husband insults him"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Mostly it's just useless journalism for the likes of the BBC.

After Paxman left for about a glorious week or two Newsnight had James O'Brien and Eddie Mair, then settled down to Evan (just shave your head dude) Davis and Emily (how the hell have I fluked this job) Maitlis.
Mishal Husain and Tina Daheley seem OK. But yeah, I'm struggling really.

Sorry to say that O'Brien has not impressed over this AS in Labour business.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinybgoat wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ania-trump
From the article you link, two great quotes from leBron James:

"In September 2017, James called Trump a “bum” for rescinding his invitation to the Golden State Warriors to celebrate their basketball championship with a visit to the White House.

“Going to the White House was a great honor until you showed up!” James tweeted at the time."

and -

"When Lemon[ the CNN interviewer] asked: “What would you say to the President if he was sitting right here?” James said: “I would never sit across from him.”
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

tinybgoat wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ania-trump
I was going to post that one, but had to go shopping :-)

There was another I liked about the Orange One exploding when her TV channel was switched to CNN !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Mostly it's just useless journalism for the likes of the BBC.

Mishal Husain and Tina Daheley seem OK. But yeah, I'm struggling really.
Sorry to say that O'Brien has not impressed over this AS in Labour business.
Mishal best for the mom on R4 I think.
The bbc's factchecking has either been non-existent or deliberately biased, as in the regular
" Livingston said "Hitler was a Zionist" " which he never did !
(Details at Jonathan Cook's site.)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PTO ?????????????