Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd September 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd September 2018

Post by HindleA »

Page 2
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

frog222 wrote:George Brown either didn't read the small print OR he's seriously lacking in critical faculties --
He is long dead, and didn't always have such things fully functioning even when he was alive.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tired and emotional
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

HindleA wrote:Tired and emotional
Are you?

Never mind, you will feel better tomorrow.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ha ha.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2018 ... stigation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Green Party announces details of independent investigation
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Nice to see this place busier today, yesterday was *very* quiet.

Parliament is back tomorrow, are we all excited?
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

http://www.kidsnotsuits.com/labourihra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If I say Israel is a Racist State , maybe I ’ll get expelled"
(longer version of https://mondoweiss.net/2018/08/candidat ... isemitism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Candidates for UK Labour Party’s governing body share their thoughts on adopting the IHRA definition of antisemitism")
I wrote to all 26 NEC candidates to seek their views. Of the 16 that came back, 7 were for the full IHRA, 7 were for no change and 2 were unsure. Of those in favour, I posed the question “If it’s passed and I said Israel is a racist state, would I get expelled?”
Some surprising views, but maybe an indication of why the full definition is problematic & too open to interpretation.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Hodge saying that Corbyn has to go, then?

Well, I must say that has rather let the cat out of the bag. Not that it should really be a surprise to anybody who is remotely switched on.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Parliament is back tomorrow, are we all excited?
I spent the weekend with my brother who's a teacher who has to go back to school tomorrow, he spent most of it drinking being irritable and miserable.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway I was up in a certain town just south of the Scottish border over the weekend and had ample opportunity to conduct my own personal polling of local opinions as it was hosting a food and drink festival which allowed for a great deal of random drunken chatting. Especially if they had a dog. Once you've scratched someones dog behind the ear and it seems happy then you're cool with the owner. And this wasn't some inner city shithole, they weren't all Staffordshire bull terriers that would bite your arm off. They were mostly wee terriers. West highland's mostly with a few Cairns.

And the results of my enquiries were quite emphatic.

Brexit was a moronic idea and this certain town would be better off if the border could be changed and it could go back to being part of Scotland.

Which is an almost complete reversal of what people were saying when they were drunk 10 years ago.

I also asked if there were any booze cruises going on now that Scotland has adopted the minimum price for alcohol and the answer was a resounding no. Which bearing in mind this was a food and drink festival and those I asked about it ran local micro breweries I'm guessing they knew what they were talking about.