Thursday 6th September 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 6th September 2018

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 6th September 2018

Post by frog222 »

" The Labour party is not antisemitic, but there are pockets of Jew-hatred within it"
/2018/sep/05/the-guardian-view-on-jeremy-corbyns-labour-it-must-be-an-anti-racist-party
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cist-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This morning on Thought for the Day, Toady R4, the Chief Rabbi--"Resurgence of Jew-hatred in the UK"

How many 'pockets' are there and how big are they ? I want proof of a 'resurgence' too, because that would be very serious. Is " The fear and anxiety felt by many British Jews " at all rational ?

To give the G some credit , it points out the weakness of the IHRA position -
" Mr Corbyn had grounds not to implement the text in full. Six nations that have implemented the IHRA are engaged in outright glorification of Nazi collaborators and Holocaust distortion if not denial. It was deemed flawed by a parliamentary select committee in 2016, and has ended up as a tool, according to its author, to curtail free speech in the United States.

This is a real concern. Next month one London council will debate whether or not to ban supporters of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement from using its facilities, because BDS allegedly fits the IHRA definition of antisemitism. Mr Corbyn does not support the boycott movement, but he wants to protect the right not only to criticise but to organise around that criticism.
"

But in the next para criticises him for his reservations on it, which is bonkers.

Gilsey's scholarly link from Tuesday explains why the LP should not have touched the bloody thing --
Antony Lerman /labour-should-ditch-ihra-working-definition-of-antisemitism-altogether
https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/antony ... altogether" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

American billionaires and the Israeli government pumping scores of $mn annually into suppressing the BDS movement says it all. If I have to hear the BBC say "Internationally recognised" again I will SCREAM :-)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222 wrote: This morning on Thought for the Day, Toady R4, the Chief Rabbi--"Resurgence of Jew-hatred in the UK"
It doesn't seem to be an issue with the 'right sort of jews' that they're talking up the thing they're complaining about, does it.
If they were genuinely afraid of anti-semitism and a Labour government, I don't think this is the way they'd go about it.

I mean, I'm sure some are genuinely afraid of a Labour govt, but not because it would encourage anti-semitism.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

What's this alleged Freedland libel, then?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Boris Johnson racing ahead as Tory members' favourite for next leader, survey suggests
ConservativeHome, the well-regarded website for Conservative activists, has published its latest survey of party members on the party membership.
:roll:

The tories really are screwed in the medium-to-long-term.
Only question is how badly they can screw over the rest of us in the short term.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:What's this alleged Freedland libel, then?
In this? I'm not going to quote it.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... itism-ihra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:
Boris Johnson racing ahead as Tory members' favourite for next leader, survey suggests
ConservativeHome, the well-regarded website for Conservative activists, has published its latest survey of party members on the party membership.
:roll:

The tories really are screwed in the medium-to-long-term.
Only question is how badly they can screw over the rest of us in the short term.
Seen those "age maps" of voting intentions? They very much back this thesis up.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Short thread on last stage of Universal Credit roll out:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick
@FlipChartRick
‘Migration’ is a misnomer here, at least in the sense that those of us with a background in system implementation would understand it. They are not moving people onto the new system, they are simply stopping existing benefits and telling people to apply for
#UniversalCredit
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Good rant by HA last night about UC, as it ran over several posts I won't quote it.
;)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

We Need EU

@WeNeedEU
Sep 4
More
The Brexit paradox:

Any government with the necessary competence to deliver Brexit, wouldn't.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looks like things are going swimmingly in NI, then?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:What's this alleged Freedland libel, then?
In this? I'm not going to quote it.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... itism-ihra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's the one. Freedland does zionists = Jews.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

tickled me, a pic worth a thousand words ?
Last edited by frog222 on Thu 06 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

DAMN ! Is there a cleverer person in the house, please ?
Will try to find a smaller one ...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Neutrei Karta? If so it has to be said they have some pretty weird views themselves tbh.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

^^^

Clearly the wrong type of Jew...you only have to look at Christianity to see the varying opinions and positions that its followers take. Quite why Judaism should be any different seems to be beyond some people's understanding.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

BTL comment in the guardian -
All those peaceniks and Ostalgieists saying that the UK should not engage in eye-for-an-eye reprisals against Russia are wrong. I think they should engage in tit-for-tat assassinations with the Russians by having MI6 bump off Mr Boris Johnson.
I still believe in a town called Hope
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The US Christian Zionists are a weird lot too ... and Mike Pence , help !
How Gordon Brown expects the half a million West Bank colonists to peacefully pack up their bags, I have no idea !

Appreciated this comment -- MissGrumpyBipolar 22h ago
"" sorry jonathan ,but i dont care anymore. i did, but not now. if you and your paper was as supportive to the severely disabled and mentally ill, who quite frankly, are being treated like shit by an uncaring callous government, and have been for the last 7 years, then perhaps lives could have been saved. remember, many disabled and mentally ill people faced discrimination and were killed in the holocaust, and still face discrimination today in this uncaring selfish society.but very few people seem to care about their plight. corbyn has done what was asked of him but it's still not good enough. sorry,but i don't give a shit anymore.""
https://www.theguardian.com/discussion/p/9abma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many years ago is it that jessica(iirc) at WADDYA wrote "We are not a campaigning newspaper" when people began demanding articles on the WCA ?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

WRITTEN STATEMENTS
Home Office
06 September 2018
Sajid Javid (The Secretary of State for the Home Department)

Migration Policy
"My rt hon Friend the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and I are pleased to announce that our departments will implement a nationwide pilot to bring non-EU migrant workers to UK farms, commencing in early 2019. The pilot will mean fruit and vegetable farmers are able to employ migrant workers for seasonal work for up to six months. 2,500 workers from outside the EU will be able to come to the UK each year, alleviating labour shortages during peak production periods.

...automated harvesting solutions are not universally available and so in the short term, this pilot will support farmers during peak production periods."

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... 6/HCWS940/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Written statement posted on the Parliamentary website earlier today
Cavalier, imperious and astounding statement
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Inept, mendacious, irresponsible and incompetent Tory government
So many resources going into keeping minority Tory government afloat
I don't think the nation and people mean anything to them
it's all about Tory government and the few they serve
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:
WRITTEN STATEMENTS
Home Office 06 September 2018 Sajid Javid (The Secretary of State for the Home Department)
Migration Policy
"My rt hon Friend the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and I are pleased to announce that our departments will implement a nationwide pilot to bring non-EU migrant workers to UK farms, commencing in early 2019. The pilot will mean fruit and vegetable farmers are able to employ migrant workers for seasonal work for up to six months. 2,500 workers from outside the EU will be able to come to the UK each year, alleviating labour shortages during peak production periods.
...automated harvesting solutions are not universally available and so in the short term, this pilot will support farmers during peak production periods."
https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... 6/HCWS940/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Written statement posted on the Parliamentary website earlier today
Cavalier, imperious and astounding statement
There are something like 50,000 asylum seekers who most of them do not have the right to work !
http://www.unhcr.org/asylum-in-the-uk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and of course, some do work illegally --
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-45100120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javid encouraging Gangmasters to import warm bodies from Africa,Asia, and how will he guarantee that they do not 'disappear' once in the UK ?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"If anyone ever doubted the malign influence of the Tory-loving media in this country, one only needs to observe the latest Brexit developments. In which other country would government ministers be able to talk so blithely about miles and miles of stationary goods lorries and planning for medicine shortages, as a direct result of a deliberate policy decision?"

- JBigglesworth
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Is Javid's department going to get willing non-EU workers or is that idea just silly at this point
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"...pleased to announce that our departments will implement a nationwide pilot to bring non-EU migrant workers to UK farms..."
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Somebody has also pointed out that 'Yellowhammer' is an anagram of 'Orwell Mayhem'.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:
"If anyone ever doubted the malign influence of the Tory-loving media in this country, one only needs to observe the latest Brexit developments. In which other country would government ministers be able to talk so blithely about miles and miles of stationary goods lorries and planning for medicine shortages, as a direct result of a deliberate policy decision?"

- JBigglesworth
Though maybe that is because most people still don't think it will actually happen. If it does, then we are in a different ball game so to speak.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

This little twitter exchange made me laugh.

@DPJHodges

Replying to @MichaelRosenYes
Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. BTW, is there a reason why you feel unable to engage directly, and instead choose to direct your tweets about me exclusively to your supporters, rather than me
personally.

Michael Rosen

@MichaelRosenYes
48m48 minutes ago
More Michael Rosen Retweeted (((Dan Hodges)))
I can't immediately think of a reason other than that sometimes I like talking about you.

Summer #WeStandWithCorbyn

@cutanddried
Replying to @MichaelRosenYes
He likes nothing better than people talking about him

Michael Rosen

@MichaelRosenYes
42m42 minutes ago
More Michael Rosen Retweeted Summer #WeStandWithCorbyn
That's why I do it. I want him to feel good.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

- JBigglesworth
Though maybe that is because most people still don't think it will actually happen. If it does, then we are in a different ball game so to speak.
Scare the population with worst case scenarios then hope everyone is grateful for things not completely falling apart, is that the Tory plan?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thousands of children face shorter week at school due to Tory cuts as education crisis deepens
EXCLUSIVE: Many have been left with no choice but to bring in a 4.5-day week for kids as they cannot staff classrooms properly
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... k-13193641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grandsons2&3 just started a new primary, with a four-day week ! Their ma delighted as wednesday off gives a good break, and GS2 who is very advanced hates going to skool, so 4 mornings of moaning instead of five .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Rant?.Moi
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Suing Falkirk because it wasn't a wheel.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not what I would call a wheel,anyway.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:-
Attachments
Butch.jpg
Butch.jpg (29.32 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ew#history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Policy paper

Disabled people’s rights: information following the UK’s first periodic review
The UN asked the UK to respond 12 months after the first periodic review on a selection of recommendations in its concluding observations
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:Rant?.Moi
Jamais :-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:-
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Another little hitch in that wonderful, supportive UC system.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... -1-4795028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FAMILIES have been left struggling after failing to receive Child Tax Credit payments because the system does not recognise Scottish school holidays, an SNP MSP has claimed.

Edinburgh Pentlands MSP Gordon Macdonald said he had been contacted by parents whose payments were stopped on August 31 in line with the start of English school terms – even though they had phoned HM Revenue & Customs two weeks earlier, when Scottish schools returned, to confirm their 16-year-old children were still in education.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Fucking people,situations,geographically different and variable why the fuck can't they be as universally simple.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Responsive and dynamic
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Being "rolled out" to the rest of the country just in time for Xmas, isn't it? That's something to look forward to :?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

I'm probably just struggling to think like a Tory here, but given all children are supposed to remain in education until they're 18 these days, why do parents still have to let the child tax credit people know they are remaining in education until 18?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Joan Ryan facing a vote of no confidence this evening in Enfield
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Brexit: Government will have to make cuts if UK crashes out of EU with no deal, Philip Hammond admits https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 26046.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Joan Ryan facing a vote of no confidence this evening in Enfield
Mmmm! My favourite Likudnik.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://labour.org.uk/press/yet-another ... mcdonnell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... 6/HCWS944/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Insurance Contributions:Written statement - HCWS944
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Disability Update:Written statement

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... 6/HCWS938/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PTO ??????????????