Tuesday 4th December 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 4th December 2018

Post by frog222 »

CRACE https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -shattered" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/geoffrey-coxs-dreams-of-an-acting-career-are-shattered
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:
This is a topic near and dear to me & I appreciate your bringing it up.
'Low-skilled' is what some call others' work attempting justification for paying people pitiful wages for their skill, experience, time and labour. Some have little idea the value of work done all the time. They wouldn't last two days if so-called, 'low skilled' workers didn't do their work. I get angry about the lack of appreciation and proper compensation for people.
Michael Young's " Meritocracy " was a satire, too many years since I read it !

If you've got loadsamoney from your work you 'deserve' it because you got there on your own 'merit' , and obviously people with less money are worth less than you ...

aristo-crats, merito-crats ...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2018/de ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Labour vows to restore legal aid for benefits appeal cases if elected
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:In other news, Nigel Farage (remember him?) has resigned from the UK Independence Party.
Kinda interesting timing, no?
Yaxley-Lennon as UKIP leader within a few years is my (depressing) take from it. Farage was one of the few remaining obstacles to him taking a major role.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Grateful thanks for your especially well-summarised events

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA