Thursday 7th February 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 7th February 2019

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 7th February 2019

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pass ... il-network" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Passenger views sought on bid to extend pay-as-you-go on rail network

(Can:t find actual consultation as yet)

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... r-evidence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Open consultation

Light rail and other rapid transit solutions in cities and towns: call for evidence
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

"Donald Tusk's special place in hell looks like where we are right now"(Grace)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -right-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Quite an interesting thread on why Labour's Brexit policy is not silly

https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://app.standard.co.uk/2019/02/01/b ... ntent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Brexit will finish off our current leaders, says Tory MP Nick Boles"
Do you remember years ago when Theresa May stood astride the party conference stage and said: “You know what some people call us?” Dramatic pause. “The nasty party.” Well Nick Boles MP has a confession. “It was me,” he says. “The first person who called us the nasty party was me.”
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mord ... rn-to-work" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An excellent example of othering,a more disparate set of circumstances would be impossible.The "marginalism" is of course equally governmentally enacted(and still being so,otherwise)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

tinybgoat wrote:"Donald Tusk's special place in hell looks like where we are right now"(Grace)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -right-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crace, actually - though he does often write with grace these days ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Quite an interesting thread on why Labour's Brexit policy is not silly

Govt adopt Labour proposal = ERG splits, May goes for no deal = 'moderates' split.
If May finally gets to the point where she recognises that the tory party will be destroyed either way, what will she do?

What does it say about her character that we don't have any idea? I don't anyway.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:"Donald Tusk's special place in hell looks like where we are right now"(Grace)
Crace, actually - though he does often write with grace these days ;)
Liked this bit...
The Tusk fallout only really started when PMQs was over. Andrea Leadsom, one of the cabinet’s many useful idiots, was first out of the blocks. She was absolutely devastated. DEVASTATED. She couldn’t believe the EU council president had been so spiteful. We were supposed to be friends, allies and neighbours. It was totally unreasonable for the EU not to completely rewrite its own rulebook for its member states when the UK decided it couldn’t agree to something to which it had already agreed. If Brexit ended in tears then it would be the EU’s fault. You have to work quite hard to be that dim.
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Quite an interesting thread on why Labour's Brexit policy is not silly

And why PV supporters shouldn't diss it.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Columnist

@Sime0nStylites
5m5 minutes ago
More
Priority 2 is then to work out what that deal might be. That’s the point of the Labour letter, which is a directionally consistent pivot to a Norway like position.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

One less noticed comment from Tusk yesterday was effectively pronouncing a second referendum dead, at any rate until we have actually left the EU.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Or to put it more bluntly
Ally Fogg

@AllyFogg
1h1 hour ago
More
It's not like the Tory party is suddenly going to see the wisdom of a permanent customs union & whatever compromises are necessary to get access to the single market, are they? So Corbyn is basically just finding a very diplomatic way of saying "Go fuck yourself Treeza"
:D
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:One less noticed comment from Tusk yesterday was effectively pronouncing a second referendum dead, at any rate until we have actually left the EU.
I can see why he thinks that, but it's not up to him.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/man- ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:One less noticed comment from Tusk yesterday was effectively pronouncing a second referendum dead, at any rate until we have actually left the EU.
Well given that there is nowhere near a majority for it in the Commons, things aren't exactly looking bright on that front at the minute.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.leweseye.co.uk/social-securi ... ?fbclid=Iw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost Soul
Committee Chair

Post by Lost Soul »

gilsey wrote:
I think it was a regretful observation from Tusk - with which I'd agree .

'During his press conference with Varadkar, Tusk also claimed there was a void of leadership at the heart of the remain movement and appeared to lament Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s failure to back moves towards a second referendum.

“At the moment, the pro-Brexit stance of the UK prime minister, and the leader of the opposition, rules out this question,” Tusk said. “Today, there is no political force and no effective leadership for remain. I say this without satisfaction, but you can’t argue with the facts.” '
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/fe ... tions-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MoJ pledges £6.5m for legal aid services as review questions cuts
Review of cuts imposed in 2013 suggests savings may simply have shifted costs elsewhere
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Vote for expensive misanthropy
Vote Tory.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Disorientated swine moth threatens to leave Labour (4,5).
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Yep, all going swimmingly...

Bank forecasts worst year for UK since 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47155537
The Bank of England expects growth this year to be the slowest since 2009 when the economy was in recession.

It is forecasting growth of 1.2% this year, down from its previous forecast of 1.7% made in November.

The Bank said it had seen further evidence that businesses were being cautious in the run-up to Brexit, including evidence from its own survey of firms.
:roll:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Disorientated swine moth threatens to leave Labour (4,5).
**** Chuka?? :)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Disorientated swine moth threatens to leave Labour (4,5).
:lol: :lol:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
:lol: :lol:
It's ice-cream man, isn't it. Forget his name.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

That's the one ;-)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Stay together, everyone
we break, we're lost
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Outstanding
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 22.02.07.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 22.02.07.png (73.85 KiB) Viewed 7175 times
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Scathing
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 22.04.10.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 22.04.10.png (58.71 KiB) Viewed 7175 times
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

As a certain former football manager might say - "lads, its Nick Cohen" ;)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I noticed that Brandan O'Fuckwit got a little bit triggered about Tusk's comment...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It’s useful to be reminded every now and then just how much the Brussels oligarchy hates us. So let’s be grateful to Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, for his slipped-mask comment today. He effectively condemned to hell the 17.4million Britons who voted for Brexit. In a press conference with Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, who chortled along, naturally, Tusk wondered out loud what ‘special place in hell’ there will be for those who ‘those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely’. The diplomatic facade fell and here we had Eurocrat elitism in all its rawness and nastiness: they really do view those who dissent from their illiberal, undemocratic writ as evil beings, sinners, disrupters of decency, destined for the furthest reaches of hell itself.
There you go - with one word you can change the target of the original quote. Rank dishonesty but no surprise there.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Such a lovely weaselly word, "effectively".
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Yes, with it you can do a "You didn't really mean what you said - what you meant was [insert own position here]" with ease.

Spiked's tweet of that article was retweeted as "Exactly"" by the current, and most extreme leader, yet of UKIP...if that was me I'd worry about the kind of people who agree with me...
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Tonight Question Time was from Motherwell...

Nah I think I'm just about done with this now. I'd very much like to know how you manage to arrange a 'representative' audience in a town that voted SNP for Westminister and Holyrood that was overwhelmingly hostile to the SNP member of panel. In Scotland the polls for Westminister currently have the SNP regaining seats, the Tories being reduced to single figures and Labour being practically wiped out. And yet watching that tonight you'd think the people of Motherwell (and Scotland in general) thought the SNP deserved a special place in hell.

I've spent years defending the BBC, but tonight was a bellwether for me, it's increasingly obvious the private production company who choose the audience (who got caught inviting the EDL and BNP) aren't fit for purpose unless that purpose is that of the BBC themselves. And what that purpose it seems isn't just to liven things up but to reflect a particular political point of view. In Remain areas of England we're presented with loads of shouty Brexiters, but in Brexit areas do we get a bunch of remainers sitting prominently in the front row getting their questions answered? Do we fuck. And so tonight in Scotland who was sitting smack bang in the middle of the front row getting his question in and being allowed to rant at length? A unionist anti-SNP blowhard being cheered on by most of the audience in Motherwell that voted SNP in national and Scottish elections.

So yeah, I'm done trying to defend the BBC and done with Question Time.

Which given it was my only purpose here besides being the drunk guy on drugs leaves me with few options.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh and also my hard drive on this PC is/could be about to fail (154 reallocated sectors if that means anything to you) so everytime I power the damn thing up it's like having a sword of Damocles over my head. I ordered a new drive via Novatech on Monday and so far have received zilch despite paying £5.99 for the pleasure of next day delivery. Apparently they're looking into the issue. I wish I'd just gone with Amazon now and not been such a virtue signalling leftie.