Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th February 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th February 2019

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:Great win by England, more than made up for the matches yesterday.

PTO
:D
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Ah, was thinking it might never happen.

(the page turning, I mean)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Say what you like about this site - but it's a real page-turner.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Say what you like about this site - but it's a real page-turner.
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Astonishing post from Carole Cadwalladr

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The abuse she gets from Andrew Neil. Aaron Banks etc. is quite shocking.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Very good read :-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/je ... 72416.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeremy-corbyn-dangerous-hero-mail-on-sunday-unfit-for-office-tom-bower-labour-brexit-expose
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

adam wrote:So new plan - pass May's deal but make it subject to a 'this or remain' referendum. A sizable section of her party won't go for it at all - if there's anything in the story it will be an interesting test of just how beholden she really is to them.
I think the one thing that should be central if this does come about, learning the lessons of last time, is that at the heart of the run up to a new referendum should be absolute clarity about what the result would mean. It's astonishing that we even have to think about this but it's certainly true.

If you read the political declaration that goes with the withdrawal agreeement (which is pretty brief - not like the WA which is huge and technical) then for all of the froth abiout 'ambitious new relationships' and asipirational whatevers, it starts by saying 'the EU's aquis holds and the integrity of it won't be broken, and the UK's red lines - out of the single market and custom's union, out of the oversight of the ECJ, an end to free movement of labour - hold and won't be broken.'

So that means a vote for May's deal is definitely, without question and regardless of the 'aspirational' blather, a vote for...

1. An FTA on some goods, but no more than that
2. An end to freedom of movement - of goods, services, capital and labour, and
3. A 'permanent' place for the NI backstop ('permanent' unless at some point in the future we were able to negotiate our way into a closer relationship with the EU) with a 'permanent' trade border between NI and the rest of the UK

.. and is probably a vote for a border poll in Ireland and a new independence referendum for Scotland.

I think it's probably not a goer anyway because it would require some tories to break their party to bring it about and I won't believe that until I see it. But if it is, then clarity about the outcome should be the first thing on our minds.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Never try to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive using Microsoft's digital license.

I wasted 6 hours of my life yesterday.

And I (at least nominally) know what I'm doing.

I enjoyed an infinite boot loop, the installation of the wrong operating system, bizarre partitions and conflicting drivers which resulted in my sound card emitting an unholy screech that could surely be heard for miles around.

Thanks Bill, you dick.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Never try to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive using Microsoft's digital license.

I wasted 6 hours of my life yesterday.

And I (at least nominally) know what I'm doing.

I enjoyed an infinite boot loop, the installation of the wrong operating system, bizarre partitions and conflicting drivers which resulted in my sound card emitting an unholy screech that could surely be heard for miles around.

Thanks Bill, you dick.
WIth apologies, but this just can't be resisted...

I bought a new Mac the other day. I took it out of the box and turned it on and it worked.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyhoo, news politics yes.

Nothing will change.

May just cares about the short term survival of her party, it's like watching a horribly wounded animal dragging itself from place to place thinking if only it can get to the next place everything will be fine.

Whereas all Corbyn cares about is forcing an election and winning it. Which seems distinctly unlikely both from a parliamentary procedural point of view and in real life.

So we remainers are left with nothing.

I tried going against my depressive cynical nature a wee while ago and tried to be hopeful but when we have a Labour party that sacks shadow ministers for being pro-EU then does absolutely nothing to rebuke those on the anti-EU side who have defied the whip then what other conclusion can I draw that is not depressing?

Democracy has failed in this country.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:WIth apologies, but this just can't be resisted...

I bought a new Mac the other day. I took it out of the box and turned it on and it worked.
No need to apologise, that's out of the box though, how much would replacing a hard drive cost you and could you do it yourself?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Not that I'm defending Microsoft you understand.

They're cunts.

Who it seems can recognise my PC despite me never having a Microsoft account.