Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd March 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd March 2019

Post by HindleA »

Tsk "some people"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I basically lay down with a hard hat now there's progression.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not the same hat,that would be silly.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hard hattist
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

With attached ear protectors with hi-vis,gloves ,steel capped boots ,by the time I am suitably adorned time for first break,whereupon I take off and repeat the process,the productivity puzzle isn't a puzzle to me.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 02 Mar, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/ ... dApp_Tweet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Bloomberg.PNG
Bloomberg.PNG (77.42 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Differently "incentivised"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Independent rebel MPs prepare way to take on main parties at election
Defectors to open talks with Electoral Commission on registering as a new party

The new Independent Group of 11 former Labour and Tory MPs will take the first steps towards becoming a fully fledged political party that can take on the Tories and Labour at the next general election, amid growing rumours that more defectors could soon join their ranks.

MPs from the group will open talks with the Electoral Commission on Tuesday to discuss what moves they must take to register as a party that can put up candidates nationwide if the current political turmoil over Brexit leads to a snap election. (Observer)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... mps-brexit
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Willow904 wrote:Has Jon Lansman said or done something?

There seem to be quite a few Momentum types on twitter upset with him for some reason.
Lansman has been the target of what we might describe as Corbynism's "fundamentalist" wing for a while now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

My recollection is that I took my daughters into the men's changing rooms - which had cubicles to actually change in - until the older one wanted to take her sister on their own - so my guess is that the older would have been eight or nine and the younger five or six. But I'm guessing a bit here, I don't remember for certain.

For what it's worth I would also add in here that the disabled toilets at our school are the staff toilets, and those are the toilets we've suggested trans kids use, and that I am very aware that my experience is very limited but all of the young trans people I know ( and I only know five) are female to male exploring/transitioning (their words). There are also more openly gay girls than boys knocking around our place although the numbers of both are fairly small.
I still believe in a town called Hope
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Evening all (crikey that takes me back a bit):

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 04931.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two-thirds of Labour supporters in Leave areas want fresh public poll amid widespread support for remaining in EU, poll finds
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Good morning all, anything happening?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47400349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2019/ ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Building regulations have never required a living space to have a window, not because it doesn’t matter, but because no one imagined that anyone would offer a home without one. Now we know that has become a reality, we need to legislate to prevent it.”
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... g.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Can't disagree with any of that.
Capitalism is not the answer to everything. Even on its own terms, markets have to be designed, companies carefully constituted, values asserted and incentives regulated. Privatisation cannot be unleashed, unfettered, on areas from health to army recruitment, which have duty and citizenship at their heart.
:rock:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/soci ... -06nbx2b9z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Senior health figures say the state of social care services has become ‘a national disgrace’

Theresa May has been warned that social care is “on the brink of collapse” with more than 1m older people denied help with basic tasks.

Soaring numbers are being left without support to get out of bed, dress, wash or go to the lavatory, according to an unprecedented alert to the prime minister by health leaders. Millions more rely on unpaid care from relatives and friends.

Senior health figures last night said the “perilous state of social care services” had become “a national disgrace”. They urged May to act two years after her government promised a solution to the crisis.

The warning is from a new coalition of organisations in a four-page letter seen by The Sunday Times. It is the first time leading NHS and health groups have united to raise concerns over social care.

Professor Andrew Goddard, president of the Royal College of Physicians, Professor Carrie MacEwen, chair of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, and Professor Helen Stokes-Lampard, chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners, are among the signatories.

The letter says: “Social care is on the brink of collapse and the sector has been waiting two years for the government to bring forward proposals.”

In 2017 ministers promised a green paper setting out how to fund social care, but it has been delayed several times. Since then, 626,701 elderly people have been refused care by their council and 7,240 have lost their homes and any savings to pay for it, according to Age UK.

The letter says a failure to fund basic social care creates the risk that May’s extra £20bn for the NHS will be wasted, and suggests greater integration between social care services and the NHS.

Delayed discharges from hospital due to a lack of social care cost the NHS more than £500 a minute, or over £289m a year. “We cannot go on like this,” the letter says.

Niall Dickson, chief executive of the NHS Confederation, which is leading the new Health for Care coalition, said: “Everyone’s mind is elsewhere just now, but this is a national scandal and a national disgrace.

“Record numbers of older people are being left to struggle without the care and support they need. It leads to a grossly inefficient system. The cost of doing nothing is great and the personal impact on individuals and their families can be devastating.”

The new coalition will be launched tomorrow. It follows last week’s creation of a cross-party group of MPs to tackle the social care crisis.

Tim Roache, general secretary of the GMB union, which sponsors the new parliamentary group, said the care system “is crumbling beneath us”.

Last night the Department of Health and Social Care was unable to give a publication date for the green paper."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"older"(mis)representation not helpful in the may appy to me/others in later years rather than anybody at anytime stakes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

At a particular noxious divisive time why present or emphasise in such a way,especially because it doesn't actually exist.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

HindleA wrote:
Last night the Department of Health and Social Care was unable to give a publication date for the green paper."
Anyone who thinks the green paper will actually help matters is utterly deluded.
Making excuses for tories being tories.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

HindleA wrote:626,701 elderly people have been refused care by their council and 7,240 have lost their homes and any savings to pay for it, according to Age UK.
The green paper, if it ever arrives, will express far more concern for the 7,240 than the 626,701. IMO.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I hesitate to link Richard North as I see him as one of the people who got us into this mess, but this is pretty savage about our ruling class and therefore worth a read.
http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it is all very well for 1922 Committee chairman Graham Brady to write in the Mail on Sunday that, "the whole country is tired of vacillation and delay". When the right compromise is offered, he says, we should pull together behind the Prime Minister and help her to deliver our exit from the European Union on 29 March.

For the backstop to be consigned to history, any new trade agreement has to offer frictionless trade and a whole lot more, the like of which has never been secured between states outside the EU. Not even the Efta states can claim such a status, and especially not Switzerland, which may prove to be the closest model for the UK-EU relationship.

And this is something which is simply being skated over.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:I hesitate to link Richard North as I see him as one of the people who got us into this mess, but this is pretty savage about our ruling class and therefore worth a read.
http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it is all very well for 1922 Committee chairman Graham Brady to write in the Mail on Sunday that, "the whole country is tired of vacillation and delay". When the right compromise is offered, he says, we should pull together behind the Prime Minister and help her to deliver our exit from the European Union on 29 March.

For the backstop to be consigned to history, any new trade agreement has to offer frictionless trade and a whole lot more, the like of which has never been secured between states outside the EU. Not even the Efta states can claim such a status, and especially not Switzerland, which may prove to be the closest model for the UK-EU relationship.

And this is something which is simply being skated over.
He is one of the few prepared to take some responsibility over what he urged people to vote for.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... t-affected" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 03 Mar, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Angela Rayner
@AngelaRayner
·
5h
One of the best interviews I’ve seen from Tony Blair on #Marr all shades of red are needed in our
@UKLabour party to take on this nasty Tory government who are wrecking our Country.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose the pile-on that greeted this tweet should have been anticipated by Raynor, but regardless, I think the Labour Party is in a very sorry state if supporters can't judge Labour MPs on their whole contribution as opposed to one tweet or, indeed, distinguish agreement on an idea - the need for a broad church - from endorsement of the speaker of said idea. That's social media, I suppose. I have to say, early enthusiasm for how it could rejuvenate the left has proved widely optimistic. The inclination of social media towards the fake, hostile and angry has been much more fruitful for the dishonest manipulations of the far right than it has proved an unfiltered counter to MSM bias.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

One local council byelection in the past week:

Stroud DC - Tory hold with almost exactly half the vote in a ward which returned 3 Tory councillors in the 2016 all out elections following boundary changes, this was a modest increase from three years ago. Labour elected a councillor for one of the predecessor wards in 2012 (the council then elected by thirds, changing to all-out elections with the boundary review) and were the only realistic challengers, an assessment confirmed as they finished second with over a third of the vote - again a small advance on last time (whether there was a minimal pro-Tory or pro-Labour swing overall depends on what method of calculating change from previous multi-member elections you prefer) LibDems little changed, whilst the Greens were the main losers overall - their 4% roughly halved on the previous poll.

Again just the one contest to begin March.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://paullewismoney.blogspot.com/201 ... vu-vu.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:So, Tom Watson, then :roll:

I don't really know what to say, tbh. What an absolute dick. I think Jennie Formby is handling things pretty well. She was a good choice, I think.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n-14075037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jennie Formby issues stinging slapdown to Tom Watson over anti-Semitism complaints
Yes. Watson used terrible judgement and acted unprofessionally.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Storm Freya seems a bit underwhelming.

Apparently half of the norse warriors who died in battle went to her heavenly realm where it was slightly windy and rained a bit.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Cats fighting outside dont seem to be bothered.

Actually cats fighting and fucking sounds pretty much the same so one would first have to try to determine their motives.

I reckon it's mostly a warm place to sleep and a regular food source.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I'm not feeling so well, how do I delete the Pub?