Wednesday 20th March 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 20th March 2019

Post by Willow904 »

She can't even deliver a statement on time....
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Paul Brand
‏@PaulBrandITV

NEW: Understand Jeremy Corbyn refused to join meeting with opposition leaders because Chuka Umunna was there. “He’s not a proper party leader”. Corbyn walked out.
He could have made his point but remained in the meeting. Totally counter-productive action in all contexts.

Edited - typo
Evening

Perhaps we would have been in a better place if some people had been less tolerant of May's nonsense and walked out? This whole thing has been a charade

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the source seems to be Cable who seems to be doing his best to ingratiate himself with this group.

Could it be as credible that he saw what a waste of time it was going to be. Most of the good leaders I have worked with have been distinctly intolerant of non-productive, circular discussions but it seems 'good leadership' according to the media is to sit there and listen politely to May talking the same old shite she has done for two years

I would like to think he just walked out because Umunna was there but it seems a bit unlikely to have been as simple as that - I go for the more 'oh bloody hell, here we go again - I'm off for a falafel before her next set piece drone outside No.10'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Willow904 wrote:She can't even deliver a statement on time....
She's probably had to spend time finding a suitable necklace. I noticed that she wasn't wearing one earlier today.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Paul Brand
‏@PaulBrandITV

NEW: Understand Jeremy Corbyn refused to join meeting with opposition leaders because Chuka Umunna was there. “He’s not a proper party leader”. Corbyn walked out.
He could have made his point but remained in the meeting. Totally counter-productive action in all contexts.

Edited - typo
Evening

Perhaps we would have been in a better place if some people had been less tolerant of May's nonsense and walked out? This whole thing has been a charade

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the source seems to be Cable who seems to be doing his best to ingratiate himself with this group.

Could it be as credible that he saw what a waste of time it was going to be. Most of the good leaders I have worked with have been distinctly intolerant of non-productive, circular discussions but it seems 'good leadership' according to the media is to sit there and listen politely to May talking the same old shite she has done for two years

I would like to think he just walked out because Umunna was there but it seems a bit unlikely to have been as simple as that - I go for the more 'oh bloody hell, here we go again - I'm off for a falafel before her next set piece drone outside No.10'
He needn't have sat there politely listening to Theresa May. I'm fairly sure that he'd have been forgiven by the others for interrupting her and making his own points.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Here she goes. It seems to be a self-justification speech.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Well, that was a waste of time. Oh - and none of this is her fault. Dominic Grieve take note . . .
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

She said nothing at all that was new.

What a waste of time.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

@PF

Snap

Sort of
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

It was quite a good determined face to be fair. She'd obviously been practising for the last hour :twisted:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Dan Rebellato
‏@DanRebellato
3 minutes ago

I know that 35-minute delay was annoying, but it was worth it so that Theresa May could perfect that magnificent oration. *looks to camera*
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:It was quite a good determined face to be fair. She'd obviously been practising for the last hour :twisted:
Botox is Botox.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Quite apt from LauraK

Laura Kuenssberg
‏@bbclaurak
6 minutes ago

May's message to public in short - it's not me, it's MPs

Laura Kuenssberg
@bbclaurak

Problem is MP s are the ones who have to vote on her deal
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinybgoat wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:It was quite a good determined face to be fair. She'd obviously been practising for the last hour :twisted:
Botox is Botox.
There certainly was a whole lot of botox . . .
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

George Eaton
‏@georgeeaton
2 minutes ago

Based on that, Theresa May’s understanding of charm offensive doesn’t extend beyond offensive.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

He needn't have sat there politely listening to Theresa May. I'm fairly sure that he'd have been forgiven by the others for interrupting her and making his own points.
Complete and utter waste of time unless the other person is prepared to listen - and you have Umunna here whose biggest enemy isn't May - it is Corbyn. Remember he has no great record on consistency. The last thing he wants is to bring May down and force an election. I would have followed the same approach as Corbyn. Don't tolerate any more of this nonsense
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Just in case we weren't sure on which side Pollard was on...

Er, yeah, except that Thatcher would have been appalled at Tory MPs enthusiastically trashing the Single Market which went in on her watch and with her Commissioner having being instrumental in its implementation!
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Chris Mason

@ChrisMasonBBC

Sources tell @BBCJayneMcC tonight's meeting with the Prime Minister “doesn’t change anything” for DUP in terms of backing the PM’s plan

8:59 PM - Mar 20, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
Complete and utter waste of time unless the other person is prepared to listen - and you have Umunna here whose biggest enemy isn't May - it is Corbyn. Remember he has no great record on consistency. The last thing he wants is to bring May down and force an election. I would have followed the same approach as Corbyn. Don't tolerate any more of this nonsense
I don't feel that, at this point, there's anything to be gained by forcing an election. And to have a Leader of the Opposition who refuses to engage with, or oppose (outside of the Commons), the people that he opposes, including Chuka Umunna, is a hopeless state of affairs.

Edited - typo
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Mike Butcher

@mikebutcher

Just FYI: The #RevokeArticle50 tag is trending on twitter and this petition has just shot up from 17K to 25K in the last hour or so. It was started two days ago. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
2:00 PM - Mar 20, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Petition: Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's...
petition.parliament.uk

542 people are talking about this (Politics Live, Guardian)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I read some of her speech. Awful.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Here's a question. Have the TIGs adopted the IHRA definitions? Or are they all massive anti-Semites?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...
Sam Gyimah MP

Verified account

@SamGyimah
Follow Follow @SamGyimah
More
Resorting to the 'blame game' as the PM is doing is a low blow. Democracy loses when a PM who has set herself against the HoC then blames MPs for doing their job. Distracts from Art 50 extension, all part of her strategy to run down the clock and rule out other options. Toxic.

9:15 PM - 20 Mar 2019
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

"How to Win Friends and Influence People".
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote:

Mike Butcher

@mikebutcher

Just FYI: The #RevokeArticle50 tag is trending on twitter and this petition has just shot up from 17K to 25K in the last hour or so. It was started two days ago. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
2:00 PM - Mar 20, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Petition: Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's...
petition.parliament.uk

542 people are talking about this (Politics Live, Guardian)
I signed it before it was famous.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn