Friday 29th March 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 29th March 2019

Post by HindleA »

@sky of course indefensible,merely stating that best practice would be culturally defensive against such things.How best to counter is of import.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tomorite
That's the stuff. And it works. Hindle tomatoes™ were the best I had all last year.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Really?Thanks,made an error Bordeaux mix is the protective thing,you were correct.I merely robotically followed instructions and somehow stuck.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Remember Saturday 11th May is Thai meal in Leeds day.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

So much for the marathon bed session,two hours and the must stay awake thing kicked in.I blame the Tories.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well indeed Hindle,

We've reached a point where an acceptance of cheapness has become pervasive.

Because under the governments of Blair, Cameron and May it was easier and cheaper to reduce us towards China than raise us towards Scandinavia.

Mind you, my last girlfriend was Swedish and she ended up being a total bitch so they're not all herding reindeers and solving crimes while being entertainingly autistic.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

HindleA wrote:So much for the marathon bed session,two hours and the must stay awake thing kicked in.I blame the Tories.
You will mess with your circadian rhythms.

I've warned you about this before.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The night is the better half of the day.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The 24hr shop/garage no longer is,use them or lose them.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Despite the five mile walk I did my best.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

HindleA wrote:Really?Thanks,made an error Bordeaux mix is the protective thing,you were correct.I merely robotically followed instructions and somehow stuck.
Indeed they were delicious.

Apart from the one I forgot about in the plastic chinese box that somehow got knocked to the back of the fridge and forgotten about.

That did weird stuff.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Forgot and forgotten in the same sentence.

And they say cannabis doesn't mess with your short term...something.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Block Rachel Riley? Asinine,you don't have to become a parody,act like intolerant racist,even if you are not,it ain't compulsory
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://jennymorrisnet.blogspot.com/201 ... e.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“If you don’t know your history, you’re like a leaf that doesn’t know it’s part of a tree”.

Throughout the last 30 years, disabled people have struggled, but failed, to establish a right to independent living. The nearest we have got to that is that local authorities now have to offer a direct payment in lieu of services but there is no entitlement to a level of payment which would guarantee access to IL. There is also no entitlement to support to use direct payments – in the way that was envisaged by Centres for Independent Living.

Local authority social services departments remain in control over how people access support. For all the rhetoric about ‘personalisation’ and ‘choice and control’, the process of getting a personal budget or direct payment is usually dominated by complicated procedures devised by the local authority because they fear risk, mistakes and fraud. And because all too often people working in statutory, and some voluntary sector, organisations think that they know best. Access to support has always been dominated by the rationing of scarce resources and this is getting worse but is too often masked by the rhetoric of ‘personalisation’.

Often disabled people, and those supporting them, have no knowledge of the history of the struggle for independent living. Their experience of ‘personalisation’, of personal budgets and of direct payments is dictated by the local authority workers with whom they come into contact. Too often these workers themselves have no knowledge of where the policies they are implementing came from, and their practice is dictated more by bureaucratic procedures than by the principles of independent living. These procedures deliver personal budgets in ways which do not enable choice and control – such as restricting their use to an ‘approved’ list of agencies. Too often people are still not able to choose who provides their support, or what they are supported with and when. Everyday language is replaced with meaningless jargon. Limitations are placed on people because of a fear of ‘risk’ and far too often local authorities do not trust people to use their budgets in ways which will achieve good outcomes.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 30 Mar, 2019 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

There are very few circumstances in which I can imagine myself blocking Rachel Riley.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

An old article,worth repeating,especially have to offer,which is never mentioned.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Did I mention,we were one of the first?May have done (just a few times)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bloody 'ell sixteen years ago.heady days of progressive Labour county council,way ahead of rest,how times change,hate to think the "if now" thing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"pandering to life's failures" rather gives the attitude of current incumbents,to such things.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Labour still in State knows best tendency to be fair,it ain't an easy fit left/right thing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A time of New Labour (shock)"opportunity",acutely aware of appropriation,but opportunity nevertheless,"appropriation"can work both ways.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

But the DWP needs abolishing as a necessary first step,culturally and institutionally now beyond reform ,it wasn't then,is now.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not enough attention paid to it's inherent undermining,Brownian judicious introduced sense,not withstanding.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Holistic approach is meaningless jargon and far from new.I remain in abeyance with Labour if they "get it" at least as much as previously,not into the new,old thing,which is itself meaningless until clearly outlined.