Thursday 11th April 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 11th April 2019

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:For clarity I don't hold a candle for Assange.

But I do believe he deserves better than trial by Twitter.
Ditto.

(Personally, I find him more than a bit creepy.)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:For clarity I don't hold a candle for Assange.

But I do believe he deserves better than trial by Twitter.
Ditto.

(Personally, I find him more than a bit creepy.)
The whole Assange 'Rape'- Saga has more than a few similarities with the the Corbyn 'Antisemitism ' slurrings.

I also find Assange creepy, but that ain't the point !

The Swedish RAPE CASE is very weak . Riddled with weaknesses and inconsistencies, and when BB ( cremantcommunard) and I looked into into it all those years ago , we concluded it was mostly about a particular 'men-hating' prosecutor than anything else .
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

HindleA wrote:https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... ed-17-191/

Dismissive, disrespectful” Government response treats Committee and witnesses “like dirt”

They think they are.
I was talking to a woman the other day who works with the NHS helping people with disabilities find work or volunteering opportunities, not some workfare bollocks but actual genuine no strings attached help, and she was telling me that the DWP are becoming a total nightmare to deal with even in her capacity. She said that 5 years ago there were still good people you could build a relationship with in jobcentres who would answer questions honestly and help when they could but those days are now gone. All she gets now is evasion and downright hostility and even when communicating through official channels it can take weeks of badgering to get a simple answer to a simple question.

So it came as no surprise they would also treat a government comittee like shit.

As a department they seem to be completely out of control and I'm going to be at their mercy in a scant few months time, which is a cheery prospect.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Assange clearly is a creepy narcissistic weirdo, I don't know enough to offer an informed opinion on the Swedish accusations, but let's face it the Yanks want him for one reason alone and that is he made them look bad. He aired their dirty laundry for all to see and it was covered in some seriously unpleasant stains.

Some think tank fool on Newsnight was saying the case was quite simple because Assange obtained his information illegaly through Chelsea Manning, but how many of the best journalists acquire their tip-offs or leaks through thoroughly legal means?

Ultimately I doubt Assange's fate will make much material difference to the leaking of digital information, he's just a cause celebre, banging him up for years in an American jail won't make one iota of difference to Russian hackers, and let's face it they were they were the ones feeding Wikileaks.

All I know is if I'd been forced to stay indoors for 7 years I too would have smeared shit on the walls but my beard would have been more impressive.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As for Brexit.

Phew.

We can all calm down for a while. Not as long a while as I would have liked because a Frenchman involved domestic politics which is clearly unfair, but I'll take it.

So now what?

I suspect even Jeremy Corbyn realises any cobbled together monstrosity Labour reaches with the Tory party would be hugely unpopular with his own party and the wider public, and so in the unlikely event these cross party talks reach a positive conclusion I fully expect we won't get to vote on it.

Some chicanery will occur and then millions of people will never vote Labour again.

But as I say, a positive conclusion to these talks seems unlikely.

So what else?

An imminent general election seems massively unlikely given the Tories are dropping like a stone in the polls.

So unless they contrive some magic way to get rid of her we're stuck with May.

And even if they oust her and end up with some brexiter fool as Prime Minister they'll still be faced with a recalcitrant parliament.

Who fucking knows?

I'm just happy to be a part of a union that has kids cartoons like this...

[youtube]ecRJJJC_2ec[/youtube]