Thursday 25th April 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 25th April 2019

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 25th April 2019

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peston says May is considering bringing her WA back minus the Backstop. To show that it would pass.

:roll:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Hasn't she done that already?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -in-a-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... sal-credit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Food bank user Emma, 46, a former estate agent, said she was a big fan of Margaret Thatcher. Back then, she said, “if you was prepared to work you could thrive”.

Er,she was 17 when Thatcher left.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning.

I saw a mention of it yesterday elsewhere but Matt Hancock wrote the intro to a report by the TexPayers Alliance on how to save money in the NHS by using technology.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/t ... 1556005812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 3 has some Key Findings. Now, I might be being picky but I would have thought that these were conclusions reached from research done by the TPW...but all they've done is lifted them from other reports - notably a far longer report issued by the IPPR last year as the product of a review by Lord Darzi.

https://www.ippr.org/research/publicati ... re-for-all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of their key findings came from a comment found in a Daily Telegraph article and simply quoted as fact with no further research into it.

Bordering on dishonest. The IPPR were a little bit miffed...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not picky IMHO and how is the TPA /Hancock "relationship "acceptable?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/ ... ays-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Curbing pensioner benefits could help the young, says report
Working age people don't have enough to live on because Tory policies have seen the longest stagnation in wages of modern times. Although making rich people poorer, or taking away their perks, might reduce inequality in a technical sense, it doesn't really help someone who doesn't have enough to live on, does it? I just don't understand even the superficial logic of this. If you're worried about inequality it's very easy to hand out universal benefits to benefit the poorest, but still ensure the better off contribute their fair share - tax them. It really is that simple. If you tax high earners properly, if you tax asset wealth properly, you can give things back to certain groups such as universal child benefits or pensioner bus passes without the better off benefiting disproportionately. They will still be net contributors.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If you work to a narrative of comparative "fairness ","solutions" will always involve reductions.It is the narrative that is wrong IMHO.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A turning of a day makes you saintly /grasping selfish oldie.I just see people.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The "easy fit" categories don't help.In reality lives don't conform to age specifics eg.you could have "worked all your life" until not expected to,except treated fundamentally differently because you didn't "conform" to Government diktat.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I don't like categories,not least because I am uncategorisable.Though of course like many I cross the designated "applications",being a full time working" pensioner "retired member of Unison.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ex "unemployed "part employer of a small "business".
Still getting stuff from the ONS re staff/hours I have told them numerous times.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jay Rayner
@jayrayner1
Replying to
@WestminsterWAG
and
@toadmeister
The two of you have both made a terrible mistake here. You've have confused me knowing you, with holding either of you in any regard whatsoever. And Toby, if I'd done something so terrible that you coming to my aid might help, I'd deserve to be left for dead.
:clap:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I love foodbanks what better example of a Christian led Government than creating the increasing need for them,makes my heart warm.Other religions or not are available.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Hasn't she done that already?
That was for the meaningful vote on accepting the agreement, whereas this is for the withdrawal bill, to implement the, umm, agreement, before it's agreed ?? ...
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org. ... ement-bill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

'nothing has changed'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

HindleA wrote:"Food bank user Emma, 46, a former estate agent, said she was a big fan of Margaret Thatcher. Back then, she said, “if you was prepared to work you could thrive”.

Er,she was 17 when Thatcher left.
You would need a heart of stone not to laugh........
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Robert Peston

@Peston

This matters. The International Commission of Labour’s National Policy Forum - which consists of MPs, trade unionists, MEPs, and constituency representatives - has just voted UNANIMOUSLY that Labour’s manifesto for EU elections should pledge to hold a confirmatory referendum...
3:45 PM - Apr 25, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Oh - and the Huawei thing -

My money's on Gavin Williamson. Although whoever it is, and for whatever the reason, I'd put money on someone further down the hierarchy carrying the blame.

I bet they're spitting nails that Jeremy Corbyn can't be implicated, national security threat that he is.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Although there's always Chris Grayling . . .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.
Robert Peston

@Peston

This matters. The International Commission of Labour’s National Policy Forum - which consists of MPs, trade unionists, MEPs, and constituency representatives - has just voted UNANIMOUSLY that Labour’s manifesto for EU elections should pledge to hold a confirmatory referendum...
3:45 PM - Apr 25, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
I think this is highly likely in any event.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

tinybgoat wrote:
That was for the meaningful vote on accepting the agreement, whereas this is for the withdrawal bill, to implement the, umm, agreement, before it's agreed ?? ...
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org. ... ement-bill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw something about the possibility of a vote on the WA without the Irish backstop. To what end I can't even begin to imagine. To prove the ERG won't even support paying what we owe, respecting citizen rights & and a transition period?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Question Time on tonight, dare we hope for one of Sky's specials?