Saturday, 4th - Monday, 6th May inclusive 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday, 4th - Monday, 6th May inclusive 2019

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

You missed the PTO, so here it is ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

To emphasise the non inevitability of the effect of demographic change,my ward the most changed(particularly given changed boundaries)retained with some ease,that gives me hope,thoughTarquin threatening to leave may have helped.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Or just threats generally
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Can't find national figures but consensus seems to be about a third,less due to no other elections.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I would say there should be a can't be arsed option apart from the obvious.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I think the can't be arsed should "lend" their vote to the can bes'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Of course ,some now relatively well off,circumstantially changed older etc would rather use a cheese grater on their privates than even contemplate voting Tory.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

CJA at least you had a point..
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

John Mc in Chesterfield tomorrow for May Day rally.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AFinch wrote:Good morning everyone.

Stoke. Bloody Stoke.

http://averypublicsociologist.blogspot. ... stoke.html
---
(cJA edit)
"...British politics is in flux, we see a turn to the right in a number of old industrial towns and cities. The institutions that helped glue these communities together and kept elements of class consciousness alive have collapsed. The pub, the post office, community centres, bus routes, their closures and withdrawal has exacerbated these tendencies.
---
...[N]ot all members are ever going to be involved. But if they feel part of it, feel inspired enough to identify with it, they will do the party's work where they are - encouraging colleagues to vote Labour, encouraging family members to vote Labour, encouraging friends and acquaintances to vote Labour, of bedding the party into the fabric of everyday life.

The antidote then to dissolution, of the pressures that, for the moment, work to the Tories' advantage in post-industrial towns is to not chase and pander to the phantoms filling the social void but instead seek to fill it with a community, a politicised community of our own. It can be done, and it must be done. Otherwise the Tories will reap the advantages of this shift, and come the next general election take not just more councils, but more parliamentary seats in places like Stoke."
We share the same needs but we're not brought together. We're fragmented living in isolated spaces.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Can't find national figures but consensus seems to be about a third,less due to no other elections.
While I understand the reasons people may not vote, I'm frustrated people don't given the opportunity.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Last time I checked, Stoke hasn't received any subsidy from national government for public transportation since 2010.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

citizenJA wrote:
HindleA wrote:Can't find national figures but consensus seems to be about a third,less due to no other elections.
While I understand the reasons people may not vote, I'm frustrated people don't given the opportunity.
People spend their time working for a living and with family and friends at home. I've noticed consistent civic engagement and reasonable political discussion are largely missing. We collectively create the world we live and rely on each other every day but we don't have an arena regularly attended discussing our political representation. I don't mean philosophical but practical, comfortable discussions finding common ground.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Getting around on the bus with others doing the same on a regularly basis is cohesive. We often talk with each other and learn things. That doesn't happen in a motor vehicle with one person behind the wheel.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Hope everyone's having a pleasant bank holiday weekend.

I bought some reduced to clear Chilean red wine from Tesco on Friday, drank it, then woke up on Saturday feeling like somebody had removed my stomach and intestines overnight, poured acid through them, them stuffed them back into my body in a haphazard manner. So presumably that's why it was cheap.

Had a good wander today in Labour's newly conquered Calderdale, lots of swallows and martins flying about and there was some kind of party going on in Northowram cricket club. We just wandered in out of curiosity, took advantage of what seemed to be free booze, sat and had a chat to a couple of ladies whose names I can no longer remember, then sauntered out acting cool with a bottle of Prosecco in my backpack. Which we consumed later in the woods on the way home while discussing the terrible battle tactics in last weeks Game of Thrones.

I mean what kind of idiot sends all their cavalry into a blind head on charge against unknown forces? Why not send a few scouts out first? A small skirmishing party? And what kind of monumental dickhead would put their trebuchets in front of not only their defences but their infantry? These things can be used against you, especially if your plan is to retreat into a castle. And why weren't the walls of said castle properly defended with archers and infantry? There seemed to be about 5 archers and a couple of swordsmen doing their thing until any of the unkillable main characters turned up. In fact why not have put all the unkillable main characters in the front line? I mean Theon Greyjoy, hardly known for his martial prowess, seemed to kill about a hundred wights all by himself so surely Brienne of Tarth could have killed a thousand.

It was nonsense. An insult to my intelligence. Like telling me people voting Lib-Dem and Green means we have to get on with brexit.

Perhaps some kind of Arya/Corbyn confrontation could be arranged?

Not to kill the old fool of course, just get him to listen.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Good morning all, anybody out there?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

There must be somebody out there with something to say......
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:There must be somebody out there with something to say......
Here you go. https://simonbriscoeblog.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Thank you for that, genuinely interesting.

Moving on, I think it is now clear what is going to lead the teatime news programmes :roll: :D
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://paullewismoney.blogspot.com/201 ... y.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DWP CANNOT ENFORCE DEMANDS TO REPAY PENSIONS PAID AFTER DEATH
When someone dies the Department for Work and Pensions routinely sends out letters to relatives demanding they return money which the Department has paid after the person died.

It has no powers to enforce these payments.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

After death clarification.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

HindleA wrote:https://paullewismoney.blogspot.com/201 ... y.html?m=1
DWP CANNOT ENFORCE DEMANDS TO REPAY PENSIONS PAID AFTER DEATH
When someone dies the Department for Work and Pensions routinely sends out letters to relatives demanding they return money which the Department has paid after the person died.

It has no powers to enforce these payments.
Possible response to such a demand - 'stop making a tit of yourself and piss off'.
#LineofDuty

I don't follow Mercurio's series but have got into the habit of watching the last episode each time.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well done to Judd Trump.

Anybody else been watching?