Wednesday 8th May 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 8th May 2019

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 8th May 2019

Post by gilsey »

Andrea Leadsom says she is seriously considering standing for Tory leadership
Laugh or cry?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Seán Jones QC

@seanjonesqc
Follow Follow @seanjonesqc
More
Barca Manager: I think this result clearly demonstrates that people want us to just get on with delivering the Champions League.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Interesting graphic on the news about declining numbers of GPs.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote:
Andrea Leadsom says she is seriously considering standing for Tory leadership
Laugh or cry?
Tragedy repeats itself as farce - except this one was a farce the first time round.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Labour’s Eleanor Smith asks when the long-awaited green paper on adult social care will be published.

May says Labour had 13 years to deliver a sustainable social care system but did nothing.
I saw a comment this morning to the effect that if May was a fictional character, she would be totally implausible. Nobody behaves like that.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:
Labour’s Eleanor Smith asks when the long-awaited green paper on adult social care will be published.

May says Labour had 13 years to deliver a sustainable social care system but did nothing.
I saw a comment this morning to the effect that if May was a fictional character, she would be totally implausible. Nobody behaves like that.
It's a wonder that she didn't get up again and just go "Ah c'mon, that's pathetic!"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:

No human being does, agreed. Robots, however.......
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Rumours of a "joint" anti-Brexit candidate in the forthcoming Peterborough byelection. Can't see what there is in that for the Greens in particular?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... ter-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“The fundamental problem is that it appears the DWP disagrees with the fundamental workings of the Gregorian calendar”.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

We're often being told other countries run their healthcare systems differently to the UK, and that our healthcare would be better if we changed to be more like other countries. So it will be interesting to see the response to this article that is suggesting exactly that - to nationalise our privately provided primary care service and replace it with a public run service instead. After all, it's how primary care is provided in Italy, the world's second best healthcare system behind France according to the WHO!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As a doctor, I say it’s time to nationalise GP surgeries
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Evening all.

I was at a gig tonight and leaning against the bar during the second set, I observed several bar staff leaping around like loons at one point but silently so as not to disturb people listening to the band...football eh?