Wednesday 22nd May 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Wednesday 22nd May 2019

Post by HindleA »

Morning.

Excuse early start.

For cJA

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-leaflets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, during a campaign, every party standing for election is entitled by law to have full access to the unredacted electoral roll and send one freepost mail-out. If you are registered to vote, parties are allowed to send you personally addressed mail.

(Representation of the Peoples' Act)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 22nd May 2019

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... workhouses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ministers in denial about impact of policies.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 22 May, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Of course some didn't vote,campaign,demonise,bear false witness.compulsively lie ,for "this"(apparently)
Still if it provides a smiling /tear jerkiing opportunity on a regular basis
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A record number since records began.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"barely believable"

The DWP taking the piss out of themselves.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Barely believable that necessary rooms for care are deemed spare subject to a penalty,terminal illness is described as a lifestyle choice,progressive degenerative conditions get better ,back to work/work more hours financially reductive policied are applied to those not expected to,sick/disabled/carers homeowners saving the Country a fortune
are penalised for being unfair for not moving to non existing places after decades of contribution in comparison to the barely started on £100,000 a year struggling to get a house five years before they even contemplated it -ad infinitum.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 22 May, 2019 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Jacob Rees-Mogg can "barely believe" he put his name to a letter that suggested that people who had been found unfit to work by the DWP needed £30 less a week to incentivize them to go back to work.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

barely believable is still believable.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The DWP barely believability is completely believable
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

@HindleA

I really liked this bit from the blog you posted yesterday:
Design an entire school system modelled on a minor 1950s public school, forget completely about disabled children, then idly wonder why these children are excluded and off-rolled from mainstream schools and having an increasingly rough time.
https://chrishatton.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... n.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly this.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bring back stealth and social obscurity
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Though the likes of eugenicist Toby "troglodytes and w/c ramps as burden"Young it was hardly "idly"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

I like to use the example of being left-handed. It's not a disability at all in and of itself. It's just as effective as being right-handed. Until, that is, you come into contact with a world designed specifically and exclusively for right-handed people. Then the left-handed person finds themselves at a disadvantage. Bottle tops turn the wrong way, scissors won't work and so on. It's only a mild inconvenience but illustrates how environment can create 100% of so-called "disability" in the case of left-handedness, which is not even a disability, so really helps me to get my head around how "disability" is only in part what is physically or mentally different about someone. To varying degrees part of "disability" is a direct result of environment, of manmade choices. The overriding thrust of everything the Tories do is about denying this reality, of placing the burden of "disability" (or, more widely, disadvantage) on the individual, when at least part of their difficulty is not down to them and how they are different, but down to the environment they are expected to operate in which actively discriminates against them. You can get ambidextrous mice for computers. The perfect world would be one big, metaphorical ambidextrous mouse.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The tragedy of the misconception and misuse by politicos of the support group ie.not expected to as opposed to being denied/enforced to be sufficiently pathetic lest support is withdrawn ie the most vulnerable bullshit is manifest and manifold.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

HindleA wrote:The DWP barely believability is completely believable
A dysfunctional department, up there with the Home Office in that respect.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Tomorrow and Sunday...
It is worth pointing out that YouGov are unusual amongst pollsters in putting Labour below the Lib Dems in this contest. Other pollsters have Labour ahead of the Lib Dems, sometimes by a wide margin. The website What UK Thinks has a chart featuring all Euro elections polling (last updated at the end of last week.)
Last EP elections UKIP were regularly polling in the low 30s, up to 38% at one point and lots in the low 30s, but actually polled 27.5%. Labour also underperformed a little against their polling, the tories and lib dems both outdid it a little. I would like to think that this result is not going to be the complete walkover that everyone is assuming it is. Curse you 2017.
It's not the despair, I can cope with the despair, it's the hope I can't cope with
John Cleese's character in 'Clockwise'.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I did notice that one YouGov poll recently seemed to assume an unrealistically high turnout for these elections (over 60%)

It is quite likely to go up from previously - but not *that* much.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Oops. My colleague Martin Belam has been looking at Facebook adverts for the European elections, and he has found that Change UK has been running some saying the party is campaigning to “remain in the UK”. Martin says they have spent at least £700 on those adverts. (Politics Live, Guardian)
Commentators on TV and radio often get in a tangle over this, too. But they're not given the opportunity to proof-read their output.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Well, the Libdems did very well in the local elections here recently that has given them a huge lift and the Greens are doing a really good job of creating a buzz around their attempt to get Molly Scott Cato re-elected as a South West MEP.

Both parties polled just a bit less than Labour last time with the Libdems just missing out on one of the two seats that tend to go to the non-Tory/brexity parties, who tend to dominate the other 4 seats. If mood and enthusiasm are predictors, Labour are going to be the ones to miss out this time. Do they care? As with all things Brexit, Labour are giving the impression they just want it to all go away. Not the most inspiring campaign pitch. They really put a big effort into the local elections and still came out a bit down on last time. And they don't seem to be putting any effort at all into the EU elections...do the math...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

MSC sounds quite worried about her chances judging by some of her recent tweets.......
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Full Fact
‏@FullFact

Theresa May says at #PMQs that there are more children in good or outstanding schools.

For the umpteenth time: this is misleading.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Labour’s Marsha De Cordova asks about the damning report about poverty in the UK from the UN rapporteur Philip Alston. (See 10.17am.) She asks about reports that the DWP is spending money on misleading adverts promoting universal credit. (Politics Live, Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I wonder what sort of reply they recieved?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I wonder what sort of reply they recieved?
Something along the lines of "it's a great system, run by a superb department". I paraphrase. Slightly.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Jeremy Corbyn being very forensic. Thankfully.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:MSC sounds quite worried about her chances judging by some of her recent tweets.......
Some tactical voting sites are pointing remain voters to vote Libdem, which could deplete the Green vote. Worse case scenario - the Libdems rack up most of the votes from remain supporters, enough to deny Labour and Greens a seat but not enough to win two for themselves. The South West has returned just one left-leaning, pro-EU seat in the past, and that one seat was Libdem, so it could potentially happen. Molly Scott Cato is therefore right to be worried. This is why some supporters of tactical voting aren't supporting tactical voting in the EU elections with the current voting system. It's too difficult to get right, with a lot to lose. The reason I'm suggesting it's possible Labour could miss out, btw, is because both the Libdems and Greens have out-polled them in this election in the past. A seat for Labour can't be taken for granted, therefore. Not really campaigning is not going to help. My best prediction, though, is one Labour, one Libdem and about ten trillion Brexit Parties (or Ann Widdecombe plus one, if you will). Oh and a Tory. Mustn't forget the Tory. They will get at least one here, even if their national share is dire, I am virtually certain, but just one will be a bad result for them. Let's just say they will be a tad disappointed, despondent, crushed even, if they don't get two. The worst result would be two Tories, three Brexit and a Libdem. Best result would be one Labour, one Green, one Libdem, one Tory, one Brexit and a Pineapple. I could live with that ;)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PorFavor wrote:Jeremy Corbyn being very forensic. Thankfully.
Yes, one of his better days.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And also moving that little bit closer to Labour endorsing another vote, it is claimed.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Heather Stewart

@GuardianHeather

Theresa May still doughtily defending her bill in the Chamber - but one cabinet source says, “something funny going on here... may move very fast.“

2:23 PM - May 22, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I noticed that, during Theresa May's performance, Amber Rudd and Rory Stewart were very pally.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
And also moving that little bit closer to Labour endorsing another vote, it is claimed.

I've not heard about that. Who's making the claim?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

They are spending 8,333 week's worth of removed ESA(WRAG) helping the bereaved to get into debt.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 22 May, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Obvious tactic to counter the complete myth that significant numbers have died with the DWP witholding legitimate monies and such like,which can't have happened because they weren't fictitious or actors.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I thought Amber Rudd was Rory Stewart?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF in what way did this "palliness"express itself ...on second thoughts.

That spelling is legitimate before you get your red pen out.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

HindleA wrote:I thought Amber Rudd was Rory Stewart?
:lol:
It would take the wind out of Farage's sails a little if May resigned tonight.

Just saying....
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I thought Rory Rudd was Amber Stewart?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/w ... -backfires" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The DWP’s “Universal Credit Uncovered” newspaper advert backfires
A four-page “advertisement feature” in Metro attempts to bust myths – but simply reinforces the welfare system’s problems.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

There should be a

"No ,I'll chip naff all in and no point endlessly asking me "option in Labour party e-mails.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Rudd will argue that Alston is politically biased and did not do enough research.
... [T]he government said his report was “a barely believable documentation of Britain...".
Government agrees with the report findings.
The Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, Philip Alston...

Although the United Kingdom is the world’s fifth largest economy, one fifth of its population (14 million people) live in poverty, and 1.5 million of them experienced destitution in 2017. Policies of austerity introduced in 2010 continue largely unabated, despite the tragic social consequences. Close to 40 per cent of children are predicted to be living in poverty by 2021.

Food banks have proliferated; homelessness and rough sleeping have increased greatly; tens of thousands of poor families must live in accommodation far from their schools, jobs and community networks; life expectancy is falling for certain groups; and the legal aid system has been decimated. The social safety net has been badly damaged by drastic cuts to local authorities’ budgets, which have eliminated many social services, reduced policing services, closed libraries in record numbers, shrunk community and youth centres and sold off public spaces and buildings.

- Visit to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Report of the Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights PDF
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm not surprised government can hardly believe the findings. They're as oblivious as they are malicious.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

At a push I could chip in a chip.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Those that are shits and don't care.
Those who equally enacted but care about perception of being a shit.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

I've not heard about that. Who's making the claim?
Ah, just people on Twitter. As I said, didn't see it myself but most seem to think JC was effective. And our PM got very little support from her "own" side (or anybody else)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Cathy Newman

@cathynewman

BREAKING: @heidiallen75 tells me she offered to quit as @ForChange_Now leader after a row over whether Remainers should back @LibDems outside London/south east. She & colleagues like @sarahwollaston are for it, others like @Anna_Soubry against it. Full interview on @Channel4News

4:54 PM - May 22, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardan)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

BBC News is reporting that Theresa May is refusing to see callers (at Number 10)!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

If we're really lucky, we'll end up with two Conservative Prime Ministers at this rate!