Thursday 30th May 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 30th May 2019

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... aims-50000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:People are getting rather aerated here, but about what exactly?

Corbyn has also said no deal shouldn't be on the ballot, so another referendum would be between whatever Labour negotiated and........well??
That isn't what this looks like at all. If we have an election this autumn, and I think it's more likely than it used to be as the tories seem likely to elect an extremist as leader and it seems possible that some of their number will vote the government down, then whatever the labour party (or anyone else) wants to talk about, it will be en election about the EU. As i said, it clearly and specifically casts Labour following Farage and the Tories as the third choice for people who want to vote to leave. It will be interesting to see what happens in Peterborough next week, especially if what Corbyn is saying today is cemented and gets more air time. It's difficult to even start to imagine Labour holding the seat. They have always been first or second here, and they outpolled the LIb Dems by about 45 percentage points last time. Not impossible to imagine finishing behind them next week.

I moan about all of this, obviously, because I want to see Labour win a general election and if they stand as the third choice for leave voters I think they will face disaster.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I still think the next GE isn't as certain to be an early one as some think.

(and yes I very much want one soon, whatever the polls claim to say)

But there is of course the question of what goes in the manifestos then, especially if we have one before Brexit has happened.

I would say there is little chance of Labour's not committing to some sort of referendum in those circumstances.

In the meantime, these are chaotic times but we need to hold our nerve and remember what we believe in.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

This must be a record of number of candidates for leader of the Toryshit Party?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

(Autocorrect)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Where to start on the DWP/Rudd as pimps offering up of the sick/disabled?FFS.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

As if the evidential misanthropic talentless know anything about talent
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Same pitch,more "nicely"reframed and dishonest.
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 31 May, 2019 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And iteratively hypocritical.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Indeed there is a problem with perception,I wonder where the fuck it relentlessly came from?