Friday 5th July 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 5th July 2019

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Time for PTO already?

We've been busy today.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The benefit of not giving a fucking toss about obvious consequences
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Gerard Batten
@GerardBattenMEP
·
3m
An unbelievable verdict at the Old Bailey. Tommy Robinson found guilty on three counts of contempt of court. Sentencing next Thursday. This is a travesty of justice. A political verdict on trumped up charges. What kind of country are we now living in?
Ooh, I know this one!

We're living in a country where the far right don't appear to understand that actions have consequences and that there is such a thing as contempt of court.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Incidentally, given that Batten is no longer an MEP, should he not change his Twitter handle?
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Fri 05 Jul, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon - GUILTY 8-)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Early night for me, everyone.
Goodnight.
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Watching Gauff turn it round from 5-2 down to level the match and then take a 3-1 lead.

Make that 4-1...

Incredible for her age.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Latest poll shows that only 10% want to re-legalise fox/deer/hare hunting.

Rhyming Slang really in touch with the zeitgeist there :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cal-racism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hunt by name,Hunt by nature.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Missed Question Time last night because I upgraded my graphics card and was testing it out on the latest Tomb Raider game. Mostly I was busy amusing myself getting Lara Croft killed in as many hilarious ways as I could find. Getting her eaten by what appeared to be giant cave foxes was a particular highlight. I'd like to see Hunt and his chinless toff mates try and take those fuckers on.

I can't remember the last time I've just not bothered watching Newsnight or Question Time or even the Daily Politics for a week. Until this ludicrous Tory leadership fiasco grinds to its sordid conclusion I just don't see any point. The sheer arrogant self indulgence of it all is infuriating, as if we should all be on tenterhooks enthralled as the party of power decide on our behalf what glorious course this country should take. When in reality half of the imbecilic 160,000* would happily have Nigel Farage as their leader, if indeed the party still existed as they're overwhelmingly in favour of seeing it destroyed as long as they get their act of national self harm over the line. Along with the Union of course, both Scotland and Northern Ireland can burn on the altar of Brexit as far as they are concerned.

We've never seen the Tory Party in such a state of frankly existential crisis, being eaten alive from within by entryist parasitic kippers, while what remains indulges in delusional fantasies of bringing a country together while simultaneously shitting their costly (bought on expenses) underwear at the thought of facing said country in a general election.

An easy target for any even remotely competent opposition one would have thought?

Ummmm....

If an election were to be held tomorrow I'm not even sure Labour would end up being the official opposition, never mind winning it in any meaningful sense.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Forgot about *

I'd love to know where this 160,000 Tory membership figure comes from. I keep hearing it being repeated despite the Tories being very tight lipped about what their membership numbers actually are. We've been hearing for years from alarmed activists that it had dropped well below 100,000 and that, not to put a fine point on it, their membership was dying faster than it could be replaced given the average age. And yet journalists keep repeating the 160,000 figure without question.

So this would suggest either,

A: Entryism from Ukip has been enormous.

or,

B: The estimate is total bollocks.

If I were a betting man I'd probably put my money on a little of A but mostly B.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I seem to have an increasing number of small brown moths appearing, at first I thought it was because I had the windows open but closing them has made no difference whatsoever, I've checked all my flour and such like to make sure they aren't coming from my food but I keep it all in jars or plastic boxes, so the culprit would seem to be clothes moths. I've searched the back of the wardrobe, under the bed, hung up winter coats, everywhere I can think of and nothing, yet they seem to be reproducing exponentially.

I'm all for creatures being allowed to do their own thing but just glancing across I can see four of them stuck in the web a spider's made between my uplighter lamp and the wall. Even a spider is just leaving them there because it's full.