Wednesday 1st October 2014.

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Re: Wednesday 1st October 2014.

Post by ErnstRemarx »

pk1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Otto English ‏@Otto_English 28m28 minutes ago
"Offensive" Banksy scrubbed off Clacton wall by council, immediately halving the value of the town. #ukip #carswell
What? You've got to be kidding us - hasn't he?
It's true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29446232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find it astonishing that a) somebody would complain it was racist & b) that the council would have painted over it within 24 hours !
Tory/UKIP council is it? I have to agree with the tweet - how typical of somewhere as crass as Clacton (the Blackpool of the south east) to destroy a work of political art. I expect they burn books down that way as well.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

pk1 wrote:Paul Mason reckons today's speech makes things tricky for Labour because it covered Labours issues.
Don't they want him on those issues?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Fair play to Danny Finkelstein. Just been a bit rude to him. He replied politely.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
pk1 wrote:Paul Mason reckons today's speech makes things tricky for Labour because it covered Labours issues.
Yes they do, Labour would happily take an election fought on the NHS and the cost of living.

Cameron has zero credibility on both ( and it doesn't matter how many times Sam cries (aka Lady Sheffield)) you can't get away from No Top Down Reorganisation of the NHS.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Wonder if, in a funny way, the Miliband gaffe forced them to talk a lot about the NHS. Ooh, look at me, I'm not avoiding anything!

Except, the environment. Which if Jim Pickard is right, will be dealt with tmrw. So that cuddly Cameron doesn't have to be associated too much with it.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Not everybody can see the damage this govt has done so him bellowing & banging the lectern about Labour telling lies on the NHS might distort their view.

Labour need to be vocal about the uncosted tax cuts & I hope they are repeating their complaint to UKSA about the PPB lie.

Crick also said Ukip claim they are getting a good response in Heywood & Middleton and are switching campaigning away from Clacton to H&M.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

That Dan 'fucking' Hodges piece is so delusional as to have come from another planet. So Cameron's nailed on for winning the GE next year eh? Doesn't get out much, does our little Danny?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Yes they do, Labour would happily take an election fought on the NHS and the cost of living.

Cameron has zero credibility on both ( and it doesn't matter how many times Sam cries (aka Lady Sheffield)) you can't get away from No Top Down Reorganisation of the NHS.
If I was a wife, which I am not, or if I was a mother, I am not, and my husband brought up my dead child, again, and the raw grief it drags up I wouldn't have been sitting there, I wouldn't have allowed him to bring it up, I appreciate everyone is different, but he's played this too often to be comfortable with it. And I speak as someone coming from a family where a young boy died in childhood.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 8m8 minutes ago
So I think I just heard @benatipsosmori saying to adam "if Cameron doesn't get a poll lead after this he's stuffed

I damn well hope so!
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Nick Griffin expelled from the BNP for calling a staffer ''a fat, lazy twat''
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Don't they want him on those issues?

If I was a wife, which I am not, or if I was a mother, I am not, and my husband brought up my dead child, again, and the raw grief it drags up I wouldn't have been sitting there, I wouldn't have allowed him to bring it up, I appreciate everyone is different, but he's played this too often to be comfortable with it. And I speak as someone coming from a family where a young boy died in childhood.
Agree totally. My baby brother died when I was twelve. I can't believe someone would use a disabled or dead child to spread such blatant lies. That's the bit that sticks in my craw.
He's also made tacky remarks about the Queen which I know many people won't care about, but it highlights a serious flaw in his character. He is seriously off kilter.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Nick Griffin expelled from the BNP for calling a staffer ''a fat, lazy twat''
Was it his own reflection?
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

ohsocynical wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: Yes they do, Labour would happily take an election fought on the NHS and the cost of living.

Agree totally. My baby brother died when I was twelve. I can't believe someone would use a disabled or dead child to spread such blatant lies. That's the bit that sticks in my craw.
He's also made tacky remarks about the Queen which I know many people won't care about, but it highlights a serious flaw in his character. He is seriously off kilter.
The Queen thing showed a remarkable lack of respect for a woman in her 80s, Queen or not, to me, and maybe I am wrong but to describe a woman ''purring'' is sexual, crass and creepy.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 8m8 minutes ago
So I think I just heard @benatipsosmori saying to adam "if Cameron doesn't get a poll lead after this he's stuffed

I damn well hope so!
But it comes down to policies and the ComRes results on policies are awful for the Tories.

So even if they get a post conference boost it won't last beyond a week or so. The sales pitch is hopeless.
Release the Guardvarks.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Spacedone wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Nick Griffin expelled from the BNP for calling a staffer ''a fat, lazy twat''
Was it his own reflection?
Possibly, wonder if UKIP will take him?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Paul Mason is, of course, talking out of an orifice that is not his mouth. Today's speech, coming so soon after Gideon's "shhhh! Don't talk about the NHS" just demonstrates that they are all over the shopl rget can't even maintain a consistent message for 48 hours ffs! :D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Evening all, been out most of the day and just catching up :)
Spammer id back - ugg boots this time
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 8m8 minutes ago

I damn well hope so!
But it comes down to policies and the ComRes results on policies are awful for the Tories.

So even if they get a post conference boost it won't last beyond a week or so. The sales pitch is hopeless.
Exactly. Their three main announcements were:

1) Many more years of cuts (for poor people)
2) You can trust us with the NHS (that ship has sailed)
3) Massive tax cuts for everyone (just don't ask us where the money comes from or where most of it will go)

The first point might have worked in 2010 when we'd only just returned to positive growth figures after a really bad year or so but in the last year we've been fed an unending diet of "the economy is BOOOOOMING!" through the media and people are already asking why they aren't feeling it. The appetite for more pain has waned.

The second point... any unearned credibility the Tories had over the NHS has been more than washed away by their actions since 2010 and the noticeable deterioration in the NHS since.

The third point ignores their own rhetoric for several years. They spent last week attacking Labour for promising £3billion for the NHS, saying that it was unfunded, and then a week later they promise a tax cut that requires at least 5 times as much money to be found and they can't/won't tell anyone where that money is coming from.

Someone said it earlier (possibly on Twitter) that it's questionable as to whether the Tories will have any new policies to announce for the election because this Conference has been barrel-scraping. Damn right. There's nothing inspirational about anything they announced. The gloss has worn off.
Last edited by Spacedone on Wed 01 Oct, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AngryAsWell wrote:Evening all, been out most of the day and just catching up :)
Ta, zapped.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Did I mention I'm off to see Ed tomorrow? How 8-) is that ...
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Evening all, been out most of the day and just catching up :)
Ta, zapped.
The whac-a-mole continues...

TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:Did I mention I'm off to see Ed tomorrow? How 8-) is that ...
Tell him to replace Ed Balls with Alastair Darling, and to hammer Cameron on uncosted tax cuts and his track record of lies on the NHS.

Other than that tell him to keep going, he is a decent man with a reasonable plan.
Release the Guardvarks.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Tut, I'm 'well-jell' as the yoof say.

We want photos & make them good ones or Por Favor will never forgive you. :lol:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Diary of a Benefit Scrounger
Sue not very well at all :(
I don't know her, but she has done so much work for so many, wishing her all the best that things work out for her brighter than they look at the moment.

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspo ... l?spref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@Sun_Politics: Flashheart Dave leaves the ladies purring: http://t.co/E0fYcZM1Sc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:sick:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

pk1 wrote:
Tut, I'm 'well-jell' as the yoof say.

We want photos & make them good ones or Por Favor will never forgive you. :lol:
I'm so daft I never even though of photos! will do ! (runs to put phone on charge....)
(I might not get near though - its an outdoor meeting I think)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tell him to replace Ed Balls with Alastair Darling, and to hammer Cameron on uncosted tax cuts and his track record of lies on the NHS.

Other than that tell him to keep going, he is a decent man with a reasonable plan.
Hope I get near enough, will do if I do :)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not sure where this is from (which poll that is.)
Britain Elects ‏@britainelects · 2 mins2 minutes ago
National Opinion Poll (YouGov):
LAB - 38% (+2)
CON - 31% (=)
UKIP - 15% (=)
LDEM - 7% (=)
GRN - 5% (=)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Not sure where this is from (which poll that is.)
LAB - 38% (+2)
CON - 31% (=)
UKIP - 15% (=)
LDEM - 7% (=)
GRN - 5% (=)
It says YouGov - Derh (face palm) ...a bit giddy at the moment... lol
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jeremy Browne ‏@JeremyBrowneMP 14m14 minutes ago
I favour a dynamic, low-tax economy but I fear the Conservatives are promising more spending and lower taxes as if the deficit didn't exist.
He's right.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:

Tell him that you don't let your enemy choose your battlefield. Make them fight on yours. Enough of this "we'll be tougher on benefits claimants" shit. Give them something to hope for.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Not sure where this is from (which poll that is.)
LAB - 38% (+2)
CON - 31% (=)
UKIP - 15% (=)
LDEM - 7% (=)
GRN - 5% (=)
It says YouGov - Derh (face palm) ...a bit giddy at the moment... lol
It is YouGov for the Sun. Looks like young Dan was right, a really bad conference has finally done for Ed ...... nope, I can't keep it up! :rofl:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Apparently, David Skelton, who is part of a group trying to broaden Tory appeal, has told Cameron not to keep bashing unions, and therefore people in them.

They can't resist it though.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@Sun_Politics: YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by seven points: CON 31%, LAB 38%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%, GRN 5%
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:Diary of a Benefit Scrounger
Sue not very well at all :(
I don't know her, but she has done so much work for so many, wishing her all the best that things work out for her brighter than they look at the moment.

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspo ... l?spref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fair broke my heart when I read it earlier. But typical Sue, she is looking at the positives of a situation that would make many of us(me, certainly) give up. I only really know her through her blog & through Twitter (where I try to offer as much support as possible), but I consider that association to be a real honour.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 22m22 minutes ago
Basic argument FT editorial: caught between tack centre for votes & chase UKIP right, sacrificed fiscal credibility
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Spacedone wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:

Tell him that you don't let your enemy choose your battlefield. Make them fight on yours. Enough of this "we'll be tougher on benefits claimants" shit. Give them something to hope for.
Well said.
Release the Guardvarks.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 22m22 minutes ago
Basic argument FT editorial: caught between tack centre for votes & chase UKIP right, sacrificed fiscal credibility
He was claiming the FT were positive about Cameron's proposals earlier.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ouch.
beatonthedonis • 2 hours ago
"How dare they suggest that I would put that (the NHS who treated my son) at risk?"

I genuinely think Cameron didn't mean a word he said about the NHS, and I genuinely think he would use his dead son's memory to win votes.

This is going on his previous promises of no top-down reforms of the NHS, and his utter cynicism when it came to 'hugging a hoodie' and leading 'the greenest government in history.'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Is everyone looking forward to the Lib Dem Party Conference?

Yes, of course you are. Silly question. I bet you've got your tongues hanging out with anticipation. How will Clegg out pledge Cameron? Will there be double Ds - defection and doom - or even triple Ds - defection, doom and delusion - in evidence?
Working on the wild side.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Ouch.
"How dare they suggest that I would put that (the NHS who treated my son) at risk?"

I genuinely think Cameron didn't mean a word he said about the NHS, and I genuinely think he would use his dead son's memory to win votes.

This is going on his previous promises of no top-down reforms of the NHS, and his utter cynicism when it came to 'hugging a hoodie' and leading 'the greenest government in history.'
And not the only person who thinks he could be that cynical. There are times when I really feel for Samantha Cameron, she is stuck with the loathsome creature for life.

http://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2012/03 ... bout-ivan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

POLL: The BIG bribe – Cameron promises tax cuts for 30 million people; the deficit and public services can go hang
Mike Sivier - Vox Political
Scroll down to poll

http://linkis.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/FBjro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

World Tonight. Who gave the better speech, Milliband or Cameron. Let's ask Nick Watt and Isabel Hardman. :wall:
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Spacedone wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:

Tell him to vote Green :rock:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

And not the only person who thinks he could be that cynical. There are times when I really feel for Samantha Cameron, she is stuck with the loathsome creature for life.

http://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2012/03 ... bout-ivan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't feel much for her ... she chose him ... they must be suited in some way. I'd rather not think about it - and I suspect she doesn't much.
Working on the wild side.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Nicky Morgan said that the government have a strong track record on cutting the deficit.

:lol:

Unfortunately Evan Davis had already said that they've missed their target of getting rid of it by 2015...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Temulkar wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: Tell him to replace Ed Balls with Alastair Darling, and to hammer Cameron on uncosted tax cuts and his track record of lies on the NHS.

Tell him to vote Green :rock:
Will do :dance: ;)
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Can't feel much for her ... she chose him ... they must be suited in some way. I'd rather not think about it - and I suspect she doesn't much.
It is my caring Lefty liberal nature! :D

Night all.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Graffiti removal guy comes back to discover image of himself in the same spot
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This is supposed to be the *real* Banksy account - worth checking the piccy's on it )
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Night all - full report tomorrow :) :dance: :dance: