Wednesday 1st October 2014.

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 1st October 2014.

Post by HindleA »

frightful_oik wrote:World Tonight. Who gave the better speech, Milliband or Cameron. Let's ask Nick Watt and Isabel Hardman. :wall:
Followed by who do you think can piss up the wall highest,sorry for coarseness.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Night all - full report tomorrow :) :dance: :dance:

Look forward to it,gnight to you and all else still about.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AngryAsWell wrote:Did I mention I'm off to see Ed tomorrow? How 8-) is that ...
Me too, with a bit of luck. I've got a job interview in Oldham at 11am, but a fellow councillor and mate of mine (a sound bloke and well left) is going, so I'll be able to turn up - suited and booted for once as it happens - to do a bit.

If you want to meet up, just ask people at the event if the Bury Labour Group are in attendance. If we're there as a group, then you should have no problem tracking down the Tottington councillor (me!). I shall be honoured to meet you (I'm reading Pride and Prejudice at the moment).

PM me if that makes more sense.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

ErnstRemarx wrote:. I shall be honoured to meet you (I'm reading Pride and Prejudice at the moment).
If I were to be there (and I won't be) I would rip your noble head from your shoulders and feast upon your insides. (I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at the moment).
I still believe in a town called Hope
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Obviously rhetorically speaking Cameron gave the better speech but Miliband's was the one that had deliverable policy.

The next election will be charming wide boy vs. geeky but smart and caring.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
pk1 wrote: It's true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29446232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find it astonishing that a) somebody would complain it was racist & b) that the council would have painted over it within 24 hours !
Tory/UKIP council is it? I have to agree with the tweet - how typical of somewhere as crass as Clacton (the Blackpool of the south east) to destroy a work of political art. I expect they burn books down that way as well.
I come from near there and I'm ashamed of this (and a little bit facepalming as well). Yes, it's a right wing area but that doesn't mean everyone living there is. Blame the councillors, not the postcode
Get you Robert, that's why I was asking the political makeup of the council. I'll bet it's right wing, and they're never good with subversion, art or protest. Wasn't a crack about the undoubted lefties down there. But sheesh, what a shitty, philistine thing to do. You'd have thought that if they had an ounce of this so-called Tory 'common sense' they'd have frozen it in aspic and flogged it for a fortune.

What they've done simply makes them look mean, cheap, despicable and, well, a bunch of tiny minded philistines who basically need a pineapple stuffing up their jacksies.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Private Eye have a scandal at Herefordshire Council.

You'll be amazed some independents went along with the Tories...