Friday 2nd August 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 2nd August 2019

Post by HindleA »

I've turned over a new leaf(as if)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Repeatedly playing my singing LUFC bottle opener,I'm easily pleased
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RogerOThornhill wrote:One appointment to No 10 that I missed is in here...

The RCP's long march from anti-imperialist outsiders to the doors of Downing Street

http://brockley.blogspot.com/2019/07/th ... -anti.html
This week it was announced that Munira Mirza would be joining new prime minister Boris Johnson's team as head of Number 10’s policy unit. Mirza, mis-identifed by the Independent as "an academic at King’s College London" (her actual job there is running their "cultural strategy"), was Johnson's Deputy Mayor for Culture and Education during his City Hall tenure. Last month, the new crop of Brexit Party MEPs taking up their well-paid if "stupid" jobs in Brussels included Claire Fox, professional BBC talking head with a reputation as a contrarian libertarian.
Ex-Policy Exchange and long-time writer for Spiked.
Remember the RCP presence at my uni in the 1980s, even the other far left grouplets regarded them as cranky oddballs and kept their distance.

They stood a few candidates in the 1987 GE as "Red Front" - the hopeful in Newcastle spent the local hustings I attended ranting on about Pol Pot and shreiking abuse at the Labour candidate (and soon to be MP) He always seemed much happier attacking them than the Tories - maybe a small sign of things to come?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I didn't know doctor's had their own party.
" " "Car park companies " " " "

Etc.
Well it is an evening contribution (of sorts)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... ry-funding" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49198 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 02 Aug, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

During the thoroughly decent IDS DWP era,there was an arrangement between it and the Wail for "fraud"propaganda purposes,"block ""cases were presented as a daily occurance.Not infrequently the chosen "fraudsters",usually also with a rascist element were actually entitled to more than they received.Of course they weren't presented as such but given the details ,or more correctly what must have been not mentioned you could work it out.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:I didn't know doctor's had their own party.
" " "Car park companies " " " "

Etc.
Well it is an evening contribution (of sorts)
We obviously got the same search results!

(I got the CP bit but the R had me beaten. But I suppose it makes sense that Rs and Claire Fox go together.)

See also: reinforced concrete pipes; Rochester Community Players.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.carersuk.org/news-and-campa ... -allowance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Revolutionary Cleverfree Pillocks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Marching on Together,
We're going to see you fuck it up again"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Apart from the Brecon business, two local council byelections yesterday:

Huntingdonshire DC - LibDem hold in a ward which returned three councillors for them in last years all out elections after boundary changes (and also meant a move towards elections every 4 years after previously doing so by thirds) with slightly under half the vote this time after getting just over half in 2018. The small swing to the Tories this represented still left them well short of the dominance they used to have in this area, however (they regularly won the main predecessor ward until the LibDems finally won in from them in 2014) Independent third with 17%, not much different from what a Labour candidate scored here a year ago.

Stockport - LibDem hold with 45% of the vote, a slight drop from this May when they made it a full slate here by taking the last Tory seat. They had won all 3 seats fairly comfortably in the 2004 all-out elections, but the Tories had always retained a decent presence and took one of the LibDem seats in 2011 and then another in 2014 - before the LibDems won both back in the last two contests. Tories increased to close to 40%, likely helped by the absence of a UKIP candidate this time round - and also possibly by the appalling weather conditions locally that have caused significant flooding and put at least one regular polling station in this ward out of action, despite that turnout was still pretty reasonable at over 30%. Both Labour and Greens little changed on earlier this year, the latter scoring just under 5%.

Three contests next week.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Thankyou,as detailed as ever.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/indeve ... -content-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carers: provision of support for adult carers
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Harass those in receipt of inadvertent ill-gotten "gains" that we were aware of and did fuck all about"
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 02 Aug, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Tory rebels threaten Boris Johnson after majority cut to one

Prime minister faces losing control of parliament after Lib Dem byelection win (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... parliament
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Tough on the people effected as a consequence of our ineptness,weak on responsibilty"
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 02 Aug, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The concept and imagery of a "Johnson' majority"I find particular emetic,regardless of measurement.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Constance playing darts.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Blindfolded.
Is there no end to her talents,although having varying results.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

She won't stop.

[youtube]6nimS21HiUo[/youtube]
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote:snippity snip snip Mind you, the Tories could have won in Brecon if they'd got the Brexit Party vote. Farage won't risk splitting the right wing, leave vote in a GE like that. There would almost certainly be some kind of pact.
Obviously who knows, but it seems likely to me that if we have an election before the 'leaving the EU' bit of the EU clusterfuck is resolved, then Johnson will be doing it on a 'do or die now or never' basis and I imagine Farage will say' job done' and stand his private candidates down. There's a good piece from a week or so ago in the guardian from Peter Kellner which I might have posted a link to already explaining why the idea of an electoral pact with the tories does Johnson no favours.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

adam wrote:
Willow904 wrote:snippity snip snip Mind you, the Tories could have won in Brecon if they'd got the Brexit Party vote. Farage won't risk splitting the right wing, leave vote in a GE like that. There would almost certainly be some kind of pact.
Obviously who knows, but it seems likely to me that if we have an election before the 'leaving the EU' bit of the EU clusterfuck is resolved, then Johnson will be doing it on a 'do or die now or never' basis and I imagine Farage will say' job done' and stand his private candidates down. There's a good piece from a week or so ago in the guardian from Peter Kellner which I might have posted a link to already explaining why the idea of an electoral pact with the tories does Johnson no favours.
That was actually the kind electoral "pact" that I had in mind. The Brexit Party would surely struggle to win any seats, but could deny the Tories of several. I can't see Johnson going for a pre-Brexit GE unless they are safely out of the way, one way or another.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

HindleA wrote:Blindfolded.
Is there no end to her talents,although having varying results.
It's amazing the number of 180s and 9 dart finishes you can call for yourself whilst playing blindfold.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote: I can't see Johnson going for a pre-Brexit GE unless they are safely out of the way, one way or another.
I can't see him seeking an election in the near future unless it's to change the arithmatic in parliament to force something through.