Thursday 2nd October

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 2nd October

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Here's the link

http://jackofkent.com/2014/10/exclusive ... of-rights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh apparently it's embargoed. Does that mean I should delete the quote? Or are we like him OK?

This got me "People who do not fulfil their responsibilities in society should not be able to claim so-called “qualified rights” in their defence in a court of law."

According to who and on what basis?

Once again. Who judges the judges...
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

HindleA wrote:

http://jackofkent.com/2014/10/exclusive ... of-rights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh apparently it's embargoed. Does that mean I should delete the quote? Or are we like him OK?

This got me "People who do not fulfil their responsibilities in society should not be able to claim so-called “qualified rights” in their defence in a court of law."

Presumably those people are undesirables, and will be defined by the state. They may have to wear little badges on their clothes
Release the Guardvarks.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Ed Miliband when asked about Cameron's NHS faux-outrage, responded by saying ''I judge the Tories on their deeds not their words''

Right on brother! :rock:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
HindleA wrote:

Presumably those people are undesirables, and will be defined by the state. They may have to wear little badges on their clothes
They'll be easily identifiably by their benefits cards I reckon :evil:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Suzanne Moore: I clipped the hair from pensioners’ ears and prepared to insert the pink goo
How I became a Trainee Audiology Technician. In an actual hospital. I wore a white coat and everything.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2014/09/i-c ... t-pink-goo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tory Minister: Labour Party is dying because it’s “full of queers”
Thursday
Oct 2014
Posted by Tom Pride in pettiness ≈ 2 Comments
Tagsgay, Tories
(not satire – it’s the Tories!)

There’s an essential website if haven’t already seen it called ‘Politwoops’. It monitors and saves all tweets deleted by UK MPs.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Heywood & Middleton by-election, from Survation released at 10pm, mean as it's from the Sun I doubt it will be too favourable to Labour..

Otherwise why would they do it?
Survation have done most by-election polls in this parliament, with a decent record overall.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Can't get the piccy's up :( have tried re sizing, cutting and chopping um but this is what I get -
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tory politician caught snorting meow meow at party conference

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... z3F0dqURVm

Oooops :shock:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
HindleA wrote:

What,another one?I've got two already. :D
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

ohsocynical wrote:Tory politician caught snorting meow meow at party conference

He should have had a word with Osborne, he might have had some pointers for him ....... about the dangers of drugs, obviously. ;)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

From Jack Of Kents blog:
Limit the use of Human Rights laws to the most serious cases. They will no longer apply in trivial cases.
So things like the right to a fair trial, freedom of association (to form groups such as Trade Unions), the prohibition of discrimination and freedom of expression should only be protected by law in "the most serious cases".

As someone pointed out BTL on the blog, legislation to protect people's rights are meant to protect you from your own government and not, as the Tories are attempting to do, trying to strip us of our right if the Government deems we're not worthy.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Some LDs are spiteful little fuckers & I hope to god we don't have to have a coalition in 2015 !

http://www.libdemvoice.org/favourabilit ... 42624.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perusing the enemy borders though does occasionally throw up something of interest:
Why Vote Labour in 2015, written by Dan Jarvis & others.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies for the Amazon link - I haven't looked anywhere else :oops:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

ohsocynical wrote:Tory politician caught snorting meow meow at party conference

I LOL'd at this particular para:
Still in his suit, he chopped the powder into thin lines with a card and snorted it through a banknote, boasting: “I’ve got a massive tolerance.”
Never heard it called a 'tolerance' before :lol:
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

pk1 wrote:Some LDs are spiteful little fuckers & I hope to god we don't have to have a coalition in 2015 !

http://www.libdemvoice.org/favourabilit ... 42624.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perusing the enemy borders though does occasionally throw up something of interest:
Why Vote Labour in 2015, written by Dan Jarvis & others.

Apologies for the Amazon link - I haven't looked anywhere else :oops:
I saw earlier that Clegg had said "God help us" if we get any kind of Government that doesn't involve Nick Clegg. What a massive :toss:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Can't get the piccy's up :( have tried re sizing, cutting and chopping um but this is what I get -
How about using something like Photobucket (it's free), uploading the pics there then just posting the link ?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

David Cameron's Three Card Trick

http://touchstoneblog.org.uk/2014/10/da ... ard-trick/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

HindleA wrote:David Cameron's Three Card Trick

http://touchstoneblog.org.uk/2014/10/da ... ard-trick/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very much like Bush in the US. There's a very good section about it in Al Franken's book Lies (and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them).
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

You'll enjoy this. Tim Fenton on DFH :twisted:

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... lunch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Have we seen this one?

@UKELECTIONS2015 @LordAshcroft
@YOUGOV
AGED 18-24 voting intentions
LABOUR 46%
CONSERVATIVES 29%
GREENS 13%
UKIP 5%
LIBDEMS 5%
SNP / PC 2%
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Francesca "this is a morally disabled Government"Martinez has a segment on This Week tonight on the proposed benefit freeze.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:You'll enjoy this. Tim Fenton on DFH :twisted:

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... lunch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha ha, got it in one.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

pk1 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Can't get the piccy's up :( have tried re sizing, cutting and chopping um but this is what I get -
How about using something like Photobucket (it's free), uploading the pics there then just posting the link ?
I've never used any "share" programs (or pages) not sure how to keep things private whilst letting those I want to share with see them
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Thu 02 Oct, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
pk1 wrote:
I've never used any "share" programs (or pages) not sure how to keep things private whilst letting those I want to share with see them
:)

I did it! Over to the Pub! file named Ed Middleton :) :) :dance: :dance:
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Hi all

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mentpage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got a bit abusive in my post.....couldn't help myself

Will be in premod or banned now.....luckily I still have some more emails I can use

Said what I felt though - pricks!
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Re the Hancock retweet, I'm sure I saw somewhere that when "accidentally" retweeting it he added an approving comment.

If that's the case, then it must have been an extraordinarily convoluted "accidently" retweet. Anyone got access to the original exchange? Would make his apology look utterly insincere.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Hobiejoe wrote:Re the Hancock retweet, I'm sure I saw somewhere that when "accidentally" retweeting it he added an approving comment.

If that's the case, then it must have been an extraordinarily convoluted "accidently" retweet. Anyone got access to the original exchange? Would make his apology look utterly insincere.
I dont think the 'i like it comment' was related to the tweet.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Temulkar wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:Re the Hancock retweet, I'm sure I saw somewhere that when "accidentally" retweeting it he added an approving comment.

I dont think the 'i like it comment' was related to the tweet.
That's a shame. Would've made a nice little smoking gun.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Simon Wren Lewis on "Mediamacro" again, and anti-Labour bollocks by supposed left-leaners.

http://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... ently.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mentioned last week the drubbing the supposedly left leaning Channel 4 news gave Ed Miliband because he forgot to mention the deficit. As anticipated, John Snow’s interview with Cameron was an altogether more friendly affair. But today their economics editor Paul Mason, whose journalism can be very good, was forced to acknowledge that this unfunded tax give away broke from the recent tradition where particular fiscal pledges were fully costed. But no fear, even Mr. Mason lives in mediamacro land. His final thought on this unfunded tax pledge - it puts Labour in a very difficult position!?! Unbelievable.
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Simon Wren Lewis on "Mediamacro" again, and anti-Labour bollocks by supposed left-leaners.

http://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... ently.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mentioned last week the drubbing the supposedly left leaning Channel 4 news gave Ed Miliband because he forgot to mention the deficit. As anticipated, John Snow’s interview with Cameron was an altogether more friendly affair. But today their economics editor Paul Mason, whose journalism can be very good, was forced to acknowledge that this unfunded tax give away broke from the recent tradition where particular fiscal pledges were fully costed. But no fear, even Mr. Mason lives in mediamacro land. His final thought on this unfunded tax pledge - it puts Labour in a very difficult position!?! :D Unbelievable.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

“We got rid of tuition fees because we do not want higher education which depends on the wealth of the parents,” said Gabriele Heinen-Kljajic of the Green party, the minister for science and culture in Lower Saxony
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Didn't Germany a few years ago think it had too many students because of its low (free?) fees? Very interesting change.

I'd rather spend the money on early years education, and have (some) fee for those who could pay. I prefer the Welsh position to Scotland's "flagship, which has involved pissing all over FE.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

But better than England's shit.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Via Richard Blogger.

Hinchingbrooke not sounding too clever. Am I muddling things up, or wasn't the hospital basically OK before, just over budget?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Hinchin ... 7utyM8Q.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard is pro-Labour, and was relatively kind to Burnham about Hitchingbrooke. Says the quango was basically out on a limb.

Anyone seen Chris Skidmore talking about Hitchingbrooke?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Didn't Germany a few years ago think it had too many students because of its low (free?) fees? Very interesting change.

I'd rather spend the money on early years education, and have (some) fee for those who could pay. I prefer the Welsh position to Scotland's "flagship, which has involved pissing all over FE.
For once I can say the Welsh Education system is doing good things in Primary. Sadly there is a lot wrong with secondary.
ChrisDean
Backbencher

Post by ChrisDean »

:oops: @Tubby Isaacs

Don't know what I did wrong there. Was trying to link "Unbelievable" with EMF.

Ne're mind. I'll see myself out..
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Via Richard Blogger.

Hinchingbrooke not sounding too clever. Am I muddling things up, or wasn't the hospital basically OK before, just over budget?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Hinchin ... 7utyM8Q.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard is pro-Labour, and was relatively kind to Burnham about Hitchingbrooke. Says the quango was basically out on a limb.

Anyone seen Chris Skidmore talking about Hitchingbrooke?
There's a story on the HSJ.

http://www.hsj.co.uk/news/exclusive-hin ... ntID=15303

Unlike our permanently shouty troll, I haven't got a sub so can't read all the way down.

There was also one the other week about their finances which didn't sound good either- I can see them walking away soon.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Awwwwww
Won't someone say they like my Ed piccy's ?
Took me ages to get them loaded as well ...
(kicks floor - and stubs toe...)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 22 secs23 seconds ago
A big boost for CON in the YouGov daily poll? Sun Tweeting to say numbers "interesting". 1st full poll after Dave speech
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 22 secs23 seconds ago
A big boost for CON in the YouGov daily poll? Sun Tweeting to say numbers "interesting". 1st full poll after Dave speech
Will not be surprising seeing the media has fawned over it.......we will have to wait and see how it works when the questions start coming and the Tories continue to dissemble about how it can be done and paid for

Labour needs to stick the boot in though....starting tonight. Stop being polite and show this bunch of crooks, charlatans and liars for what they are

Edited

'ynad' for 'and' - looks Welsh so will have to ask the missus what it means!
'lairs' for 'liars'
:wall:
Last edited by howsillyofme1 on Thu 02 Oct, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Temulkar wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Didn't Germany a few years ago think it had too many students because of its low (free?) fees? Very interesting change.

For once I can say the Welsh Education system is doing good things in Primary. Sadly there is a lot wrong with secondary.
That's what I've heard. Is it worse though than NE England, an area with similar incomes and problems?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Could be a big boost fr the Kippers.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This another of those "gamechangers" is it?

Like the EU Veto, the return of growth, the Olympics, Osborne's pension plans.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Douglas Carswell praising the plans.

What a thinker he is.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Ed Miliband visits Middleton to support Liz McInnes

[youtube]Aa24N57zSeg[/youtube]

We were in front and to the left (looking at the screen) of ED. Press in front of us.
(I'll bet the embed doesn't work so here's the link
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Last edited by refitman on Thu 02 Oct, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin: video added
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HuffPostUKPoliticsVerified account
‏@HuffPostUKPol Farage in bizarre bacon challenge to Miliband, does not look any less weird

HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Ed Miliband visits Middleton to support Liz McInnes

[youtube][/youtube]

We were in front and to the left (looking at the screen) of ED. Press in front of us.
(I'll bet the embed doesn't work so here's the link
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Thanks for pics and vid.