Thursday 12th September 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 12th September 2019

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

That estimable genius Brandon Lewis on Question Time said brexit was what 'everybody voted for'.

Now I confess my memory isn't the best but that doesn't seem to be my recollection.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oops I believe convention required a PTO.

Ahem...deep booming voice...PTO.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Please watch QT !

I actually cannot, but am not at all sure I would if I could ...
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Oops I believe convention required a PTO.

I've been refreshing page 1 for ages. I've only just PTOd. So, you see, some of us need the help.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Question time review.

I hope nobody minds but this may become a thing again now that the Summer's over and I'm no longer out wooing fair maidens, offering them the service of my firm, unyeilding lance. It doesn't like the cold.

Brandon Lewis, Conservatives: To sit smug and grinning while having it explained to you that your own government has voluntarily brought about a constitutional crisis second only to a king having his head cut off is quite an impressive display of sangfroid or a catastrophic level of stupidity. My impression was the latter was more likely.

John Healey, Labour: Functional. The very kind of person I would like to see running this country. He'll have been through hundreds of meetings with thousands of members and trade unionists and will know how to compromise. Like an adult. He spent most of the programme with his head in his hands and I couldn't blame him.

Jeffrey Donaldson, DUP: They don't matter anymore so who gives a fuck.

Catherine Barnard, professor of European Union employment law: Was asked wholly about constitutional law so was only able to give hand wavy answers.

Afua Hirsch, Guardian columnist: Brilliant. Went straight for Johnson's jugular and never let go. Be it his lies or the legal reality of the situation he finds himself in.

As for the audience in Norwich one guy claimed if parliament and the courts defied brexit then we should get rid of both of them.

So who knows, fascism from the low country.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor wrote:
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Oops I believe convention required a PTO.

I've been refreshing page 1 for ages. I've only just PTOd. So, you see, some of us need the help.
Yes I'm sure you do.

Good British help.

Just make sure you appreciate it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I invite you to the pub.