Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October 2019

Post by HindleA »

I waved at the Commission building as I "ran"past ,Iwad 't there long enough to get a reply.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And yet poll collating sites like Britain Elects have the tories 8 points ahead.

I'm not saying this can't be caught up I'm just saying it's real and you need to understand that.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Runners from 105 Countries causing absolute mayhem by shutting roads for a few hours on a pissing down with rain Sunday,shouldn't be allowed really.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes, that's the average.

Lower than YouGov (who do more polls than anyone else currently) and Opinium, higher than other pollsters.

Its nice to chat with you btw, I'm normally otherwise occupied come your late night musings. And we've got to another page :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Yes, that's the average.

Lower than YouGov (who do more polls than anyone else currently) and Opinium, higher than other pollsters.

Its nice to chat with you btw, I'm normally otherwise occupied come your late night musings. And we've got to another page :)
We're not talking about averages here though are we? Were talking about tweaking different methodologies after a couple of disastrous electoral predictions. And yes hello, nice to meet you, fancy a game of chess?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

HindleA wrote:Runners from 105 Countries causing absolute mayhem by shutting roads for a few hours on a pissing down with rain Sunday,shouldn't be allowed really.
Curiously you didn't say the same thing when your silly race meant I couldnt get a bus for about 3 hours in Leeds.

You people are a menace.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:And, moreover, a v significant proportion of our ‘elected represenatives’ have stemmed from the aristocratic end of the spectrum. Cameron and Johnson being particular cases in point. There are profound problems with our political system, stemming at least in part from profound problems with our educational system, including, but not restricted to the (effectively) two-party option, FPTP and the way candidates are selected.
(cJA bold)
Education inequalities in childhood in countries calling themselves United are shameful
One nation, one people
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:So the question is what are the options to at least getting the silver lining of complete political overhaul from the nightmare that is Brexit?
It occurred to me earlier destruction and peace following the second World War was a time of meaningful changes
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Absolutely, equality of opportunity.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
citizenJA wrote:I'm a human being equal to every other and inferior to none.
Fuck yeah!

Well besides Kurt Gödel or Paul Dirac or other people much smarter than us.

It's no shame to be dumber than a mathematical genius who proved our existence and all its struggles were pointless.
"The fluency and ornaments of the finest poems or music or orations or recitations are not independent but dependent. All beauty comes from beautiful blood and a beautiful brain. If the greatnesses are in conjunction in a man or woman it is enough … the fact will prevail through the universe … but the gaggery and gilt of a million years will not prevail. Who troubles himself about his ornaments or fluency is lost.

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul; and your very flesh shall be a great poem… ."
- Walt Whitman
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Runners from 105 Countries causing absolute mayhem by shutting roads for a few hours on a pissing down with rain Sunday,shouldn't be allowed really.
Shutting down roads for runners everywhere should happen as frequently as possible
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Yes, that's the average.

We're not talking about averages here though are we? Were talking about tweaking different methodologies after a couple of disastrous electoral predictions. And yes hello, nice to meet you, fancy a game of chess?
I acknowledge AK has expertise and experience I don't have.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:I waved at the Commission building as I "ran"past ,Iwad 't there long enough to get a reply.
I'm happy Sky, you and AK are still awake and we're here together
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Walt Whitman was Edward Miliband's favourite poet, I think
I remembered that after reading the poem again
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Some of the kids my age went to a private school 'Longridge towers' mostly because of the military subsidies, lots of tax free allowances.

And yet it went bust and our sixth form had to accept the detritus.

One lad, Jamie got 4% in a maths exam he'd apparently passed previously, it was the worst exam result anyone had ever got and he went on to become a drug dealer whom I might have done some business with and taken advantage of.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Nice to see you CJA.

What the hell are you doing up at this time of night?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"...have patience and indulgence toward the people..."
This, tinyclanger2, is the hardest work. Accepting what is, the faults of ourselves and others and continuing to love where it's impossible to like at all. I've got some talent and experience in my way but I'm no leader or orator. The men and women who are, like Miliband and Corbyn, for example, are tremendous people. It's unbelievable how shitty they're treated even by the people they're working for! Can you imagine? Being Labour party leader in the UK now?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Nice to see you CJA.

What the hell are you doing up at this time of night?
Spoiling for a fight
Winner by right of conquest
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Love attack
no one gets hurt
everyone wins
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You know you'd kick my ass. :D
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've been awake for about thirty-six hours
I can't stop working, writing, thinking
It's how I cope with stress

I like Mr citizen a lot
Not just love him, I like him
That's a miraculous gift

My hair has all kinds of white in it that wasn't there two years ago

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Hmmm...as an insomniac myself I think it's best we all wake up tomorrow and make a fuss about CJA because she's great.