Friday 11th October 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 11th October 2019

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The publication of the green paper was originally expected in summer 2018 but has faced several delays due to Brexit and other government issues.

In fact, Mr Hancock had previously blamed the lack of cross party consensus on social care for the delay when he said the green paper hadn't been published because the government wasn't able to find a way to get the "sort of cross party support that is hugely helpful for projects like this".
Shocked etc.

So basically they never actually got round to writing the Green Paper but are now going for a single option which will be written up on a single side of A4. A few hours before it's presented to Parliament.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

As I boringly repeat,this area competes with social security in the Ministers/politicos haven't a scooby do what they are talking about which doesn't help in the coming to a resolution of problems that don't actually exist and ignoring problems that do stakes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

On assumption that people living longer,indeed surviving at all compared to previously is wholly a bad thing and not equally an opportunity .Mention of a "final solution" puts me at ill-ease for some reason.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Or indeed "project" given it's connotations and historic euphemistic usage.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Basically anything a Tory says or doesn't say,or even more basically Tories.