Tuesday 22nd October 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 22nd October 2019

Post by citizenJA »

If, as expected, Brexit is delayed until the end of January, a general election would have to follow, the Press Association reports; citing an unnamed No 10 source.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... 498cfb285b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that a law? Brexit delayed until the end of January a GE must follow? All we've got here is an unnamed No 10 source for this pronouncement. It may or may not work out that way but I weary of attributions from who knows who issuing ukases.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I may have read it haste and missed something.
Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

PTO-5.jpg
PTO-5.jpg (166.65 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
This is fairly astonishing even for them (fb), and him (clegg).

UK queries Facebook decision to exempt political statements from fact-checking
The UK parliament has demanded to know why Facebook has decided to exempt political statements from its fact-checking programme – removing all bars on political candidates lying in paid adverts.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Also, in the world of 'it's all going swimmingly' (from the gruan's US live blog)
Russia has won joint control of formerly Kurdish territory in Syria, marking a crucial victory for Vladimir Putin after the withdrawal of US troops.
I still believe in a town called Hope
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Not sure I understand Kate Hoey
I'd be worried if you could.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Another Day, Another Brexit Delay

Liked this from btl.
Things in Britain have come to a pretty pass when John Major braving the bloodthirsty hordes of Luton from atop his trusty soapboax starts to seem like a shining example of political authenticity.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

"Boris Johnson said he'd die in a ditch but his Brexit timetable is dead from a glitch"
(Grace)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/co ... m-a-glitch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

http://www.eureferendum.com/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There was absolutely no need for Johnson to insist on truncated proceedings in the Commons on the Withdrawal Agreement Bill (WAB). Since the European Parliament is nowhere near ready to give its consent – needing at least a couple of weeks – the prime minister in office had nothing to lose by giving MPs more time. Even before yesterday evening's voting, his 31 October timetable was already unachievable.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

adam wrote:Also, in the world of 'it's all going swimmingly' (from the gruan's US live blog)
Russia has won joint control of formerly Kurdish territory in Syria, marking a crucial victory for Vladimir Putin after the withdrawal of US troops.
What with this, the Envoy confirming that state aid was withheld from Ukraine for home political reasons, and his use of "lynching" to describe the impeachment process. it's been...just an average kinda day on Don World...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.