Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November 2019

Post by gilsey »

WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
The belief that a big fiscal expansion would run into trouble was reasonable once. But people often hold onto ideas long after they’ve ceased to be valid.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Now, here I part company with many on the left who like to blame media bias. Yes, this might well amplify these sources of hostility to Labour’s economic plans. But as Daniel Kahneman showed, people often go wrong without any prompting from the media. Cognitive biases matter in politics, as they do in all other walks of life.
This is probably true to a degree. Most people will only process the primary effects of a particular policy because weighing up all the myriad impacts is too complex. Weighing up things such as the bureaucratic cost of means testing against the savings of providing a perk just to the poorest, for instance, involves thinking far more deeply and comprehensively about political policy than the average person tends to care to.

Which is why trust is so important. People don't need to understand how spending can be afforded if they trust the politician who is telling them it can be done.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Dent Coad talking legal action against Gyimah over his Grenfell comments.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The town’s[Woking's] Pizza Express listing on Google has been inundated with fake reviews since the duke’s[Prince Andrew's] interview aired last night. “It has been 18 years since I visited, but I remember it like it was yesterday,” wrote someone using the name David Branwood.

“I was sweating profusely. So were all the other customers. It was hot. But one man, one mysterious man, was ice-cool, sweat-free,” it continued, a dig at the duke’s claims that he lost the ability to sweat following an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands war. (Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

We are due one of Sky's nocturnal visits soon. Maybe.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As if by magic.

I passed two spice zombies on my way to catch the bus. They were in the entrance to House of Fraser and they were vertical.

This was new and impressive so I attempted to communicate and eventually one of them very slowly raised his thumb so obviously he was ok and I went on my way without disturbing them further.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

None of us can predict anything.

We're all helpless clinging on to whatever makes us feel better.

Hoping for the best.

Not fun is it?

Sounds a bit like being mentally ill.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]qTFi1_580iU[/youtube]