FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Fri 06 Dec, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

PorFavor wrote:
PTO

No, shan't.

Bugger.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 8:46 pm 
Prime Minister

No HindleA today (except in the very early hours).

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:03 pm 
Prime Minister

So the "fully costed" Tory manifesto is nowhere near fully costed .

And the 50,000 nurses are nowhere near 50,000.

And that's just day one.

At this rate if a Tory actually manages to make a pledge that turns out to be true an entire nation is going to faint.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:24 pm 
Backbencher

Hello everyone.

Re that 19% gap:

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2019/11/24/why-the-observers-opinion-polling-is-wrong/

Not saying he is right or wrong. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:35 pm 
Prime Minister

AFinch - thanks. I might even overlook the cat reference.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

I notice the Graun opened comments on its editorial for the Labour manifesto, but not the Tory one :roll:

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:42 pm 
Prime Minister

refitman wrote:
I notice the Graun opened comments on its editorial for the Labour manifesto, but not the Tory one :roll:

Yes - I noticed that, too. I imagine their excuse will be "not enough staff of a Sundy".

Edited to add - of course, there was no way of knowing in advance that something politically significant was going to happen . . .

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:45 pm 
Speaker of the House

Missed the chance to review the leaders Question Time because I went axe throwing with my brother and suffice it to say I'm not going to be invited on any Viking raids anytime soon. History would have been very different had it been me who landed on Lindisfarne in 793, the only chance the monks would have had of dying would have been laughing themselves to death as I threw my weapons away in random directions while swearing loudly.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 9:55 pm 
Speaker of the House

So anyone want to give me a brief idea of how that leaders QT went?

I've heard Swinson had a nightmare and Sturgeon wiped the floor with the lot them but that was from a somewhat biased source.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:00 pm 
First Secretary of State

I missed most of Sturgeon. Otherwise, it very clearly revealed that Swinson and Johnson really do have nothing at all to offer.

The audience were mostly good, not at all like the usual QT mob.

JC did ok after a shaky start with the tory plant.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:02 pm 
Prime Minister

Literally everybody, save for the most blinkered LibDem partisans, can agree that Swinson was bad. Maybe very bad.

Johnson was his usual self, for better or (mostly) worse.

I am of course biased, but most reasonably objective observers think Corbyn did well (and maybe a bit better than on Tuesday)

As did Sturgeon, but she was always going to have a bit of an easier ride in this one for fairly obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:05 pm 
First Secretary of State

There's a theory doing the rounds that BJ was wearing a tiny earphone for prompts.

When I saw him today I found myself thinking, he's waiting for a prompt, that's why he can't string a sentence together.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:07 pm 
First Secretary of State

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

As did Sturgeon, but she was always going to have a bit of an easier ride in this one for fairly obvious reasons.

After the tory plant it was the ScotNats giving JC the hardest time.

Should also say Fiona Bruce was mostly ok, although she could have let the Russia report lad carry on a bit further, he was a star.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:13 pm 
First Secretary of State

AFinch wrote:
Hello everyone.

Re that 19% gap:

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2019/11/24/why-the-observers-opinion-polling-is-wrong/

Not saying he is right or wrong. Hope this helps.

Interesting point from the comments btl, that we haven't seen any polling on people's judgement of the QT special, except in Wales.

Quote:
hasn’t it been a surprise that 48 hours later the big pollsters have not pipped a squeak yet ?

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:23 pm 
Speaker of the House

Went to the launch and shouted noisily as they all went by. The bus stormed through with himself hidden somewhere away from the widows and then parked across the door about 200m away on the far side of the carpark so he couldn't be seen by any of us as he walked in. There were lots of labour people, a visible green presence and a big group from XR and a couple of Lib Dems in plain clothes. The police were friendly.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

gilsey wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

Should also say Fiona Bruce was mostly ok, although she could have let the Russia report lad carry on a bit further, he was a star.

Not a tsar?

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:39 pm 
Speaker of the House

Also

Quote:
Responding to a question from the Shropshire Star at the launch of the Conservative manifesto at the Telford International Centre, Mr Johnson said: "I'm looking at Matt Hancock here because I know that we have kept the A&E open and we will ensure that it is open and I will absolutely insist on that and I know that Matt will be very happy to give you more details afterwards."

We are at the end of a long and often restarted consultation process that has decided that the Telford A&E will be closed - sorry, downgraded to 'an A&E Local' (which appears to be something they have made up). And the tories had to clarify straight afterwards that Johnson's 'absolute insistence' was completely meaningless and the plans were going ahead as before.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:52 pm 
Speaker of the House

Thanks folks.

How strange, usually when I watch QT weird sci-fi stuff happens. Maybe Jo Swinson was replaced by her counterpart from the universe where she's shit. Oh wait that's this one.

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 10:55 pm 
Prime Minister

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov, 2019 11:30 pm 
Speaker of the House

gilsey wrote:

Given Labour's parlous state in Scotland a cheap Tesco haggis in a kilt could give JC a hard time, still at least we don't have the Scottish Labour leader encouraging people to vote Tory this time round now that Kezia Dugdale's gone after failing to win I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Honestly where do you get these people?

I'm old enough to remember Scotland being a Labour 'heartland'. And then came Douglas Alexander. He lost Scotland to the SNP with two disastrous campaigns north of the border then Ed Milliband, for some unfathomable reason, put him in charge of his entire GE strategy. I mean what the fuck?

I'm essentially neutral here when it comes to the new Labour/Corbyn thing but from a Scottish perspective this idea that new Labour were some kind of election winning machine is laughable. They lost Scotland, a place they used to say Tories were rarer than pandas, and now it looks like Labour are rarer than a decent version of War of the Worlds.

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov, 2019 12:51 am 
Speaker of the House

AFinch wrote:

While I agree Opinium are not to be remotely trusted, were made to look like fools at the last GE, and can't understand why the Guardian persist in using them I'm afraid I can't agree with this guy's view that Labour are going to win by a landslide.

I mean he does have a valid point about their methodology favouring the tories but I do seem to be having a problem loading the Excel data he's provided into either Libre office or Windows own Excel viewer. This of course could be entirely the result of me being a drunk idiot so I'll have another go tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov, 2019 1:38 am 
Speaker of the House

Anyone else want to join the waiting for a letter from an American insurance company employed by our government to decide your future club?

We have games like see how much tinned food you can fit in the cupboard before your benefits get stopped.

Or let's see what bizarre symptoms extreme anxiety has to offer. Honest to god my face went numb, I was shitting myself thinking I had multiple sclerosis or something.

Then of course we have that fear of an unsympathetic state fucking us over.

Membership is ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶...oops no actually an entry fee of £5000 is required in Skycoin because if you give me that I'll double your money within a month because I can predict sunstorms as I have a friend working at a radio telescope in Chile. Sunstorms create a magnetic field which slows electrons allowing a brief period of time to insert information into a blockchain. You've heard of a blockchain haven't you? And you understand what a blockchain is? Well no matter, Skycoin is so awesome it doesn't need one. Skycoin has evolved beyond the blockchain. Skycoin loves you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3