Wednesday 18th December 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 18th December 2019

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 18th December 2019

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Poorest die most often from emergency surgery, research finds
The UCL team also concluded that the variation in patients’ risk of dying was not due to the quality of either the hospital they had their surgery in or the care they received around the time they underwent the operation. In fact many of the poorest patients had their surgery in large teaching hospitals in urban areas, which generally have good standards of care.

The academics also uncovered stark geographic differentials in patients having an emergency laparotomy. While just 7.6% of those who underwent it in south-central England were from the poorest fifth of the population, almost a third of those having it in the north-west came from that group.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I think that if Reeves, Creagh etc , not excluding Blair, really want the Labour Party to have a softer-left leader, dumping on JC is not the way to achieve it.

As counter-productive as it's always been.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Angela Rayner
@AngelaRayner
·
1m
Good morning to my trolls, bots #FakeNews accounts, you had a busy day yesterday but please spell my name correctly it is RAYNER not Raynor when trolling me. Oh and also make sure when algorithms are used get the programming correct as you look daft when trying to make a point
My apologies to Angela Rayner, I've made this mistake too. The spelling, that is, not the trolling!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Willow904 wrote:
Angela Rayner
@AngelaRayner
·
1m
Good morning to my trolls, bots #FakeNews accounts, you had a busy day yesterday but please spell my name correctly it is RAYNER not Raynor when trolling me. Oh and also make sure when algorithms are used get the programming correct as you look daft when trying to make a point
My apologies to Angela Rayner, I've made this mistake too. The spelling, that is, not the trolling!
Well, I keep having to stop myself from referring to her as "Claire Rayner". If I ever do that, please intervene! Will you do that for me, luvvie?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote:I think that if Reeves, Creagh etc , not excluding Blair, really want the Labour Party to have a softer-left leader, dumping on JC is not the way to achieve it.

As counter-productive as it's always been.
As was said of the Bourbons, they have forgotten nothing.......and learned nothing.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@HindleA

Well, hello to you. And, suddenly, goodbye.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Glad somebody has shown up, tbh.

As a footnote to last week - there were 34 local council byelections last Thursday, the vast majority of which stayed with the incumbent party (none of them were previously LibDem, strangely) There were two Tory gains from Labour (one by a very small margin) and a Tory capture of a previously Independent seat. Overall, though, the results were less disastrous for Labour than the GE result might have suggested - and thus maybe offer a crumb of comfort for the future.

Next contest (and the first of 2020) is all of four weeks away - Jan 16th, in Bristol.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Flushing away time: tilted toilet aims to increase employee productivity

StandardToilet estimates having staffers sit at a 13-degree angle will lead to a 25% reduction in time spent on toilets (Guardian)
This article is written as if this is a matter for joking. It bloody well isn't. I think it's a nasty, employee-bashing "invention". Not funny at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/ ... oductivity
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

"" One Labour staffer at risk of redundancy said: “Where there is real anger here is what’s happened with Karie and Seumas being put on permanent contracts with the Labour party. It’s not rare, it is unprecedented. It has never happened before.”

He added: “It’s one rule for some, one rule for the others.”

Last year, Milne was paid £104,000 while Murphy, a friend of the Unite leader, Len McCluskey, received £92,000. ""

All in it together , LP style .

ADDITION MsC thnks it's probably due to employment law limiting short -term contracts, but is checking .
Also of course what about those others being fired .

"Optics not good. "
Last edited by frog222 on Wed 18 Dec, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Andrew Neil ! ( don't know how to put up the vid )

Sorry Suella Braverman, the Tories have not increased health spending years on year.

Let's not mention

In 2010, health spending was 5.4%

It is now about 1.4%

This is a percentage change or Fall of - 74%

This is the lowest in 70 years - Say IFS
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening all.

I see Matt Hancock was still touting the 50,000 extra nurses despite the fact that everyone knows it's a lie.

Utterly shameless.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

[quote][code]
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
[code]