Tuesday 7th January 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 7th January 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 7th January 2020

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Labour must ditch 'ideological purity', says Rosena Allin-Khan

Exclusive: shadow minister[Sport and MP for Tooting] launches deputy leadership bid with a unifying pitch
(Guardian)
Can't say as I've ever heard of her before now.

I do agree with this, though, when she says -
“There’s no regional distinction to hunger. Loss of hope lives across the UK. London is used to mean ‘metropolitan elite’ but we also have some of the highest levels of deprivation."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... allin-khan
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Hard to see past Rayner for deputy really, and tbh I am not unhappy about that.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I hope Angela Rayner gets it.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Decent piece by RLB last night, in particular breaking the omerta about Labour's 2014 referendum campaign in Scotland (long overdue)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Decent piece by RLB last night, in particular breaking the omerta about Labour's 2014 referendum campaign in Scotland (long overdue)
I'm very slightly warming to her. She gives the impression that she's now been let off the leash.

I had no problem with most of Jeremy Corbyn's policies. But the delivery was dreadful. And I never warmed to him as a personality. I feel that if we ever met, we'd fall out fairly quickly.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

My take on him was always slightly different - always came across as a really nice guy to me (which made the media demonization all the more woeful) but never really a *leader*, in the broadest sense of that word (ie not just the fairly glib Blair/Johnson "charisma" thing) Starmer, to take a contrasting example, does have that quality even if he isn't massively charismatic; I'm maybe reminded of John Smith as much as anybody.
MsChin
Backbencher

Post by MsChin »

I think Corbyn is a really nice bloke but he definitely wasn't a leader and looking at his office, had no management skills because he never reined in his so-called advisors. I do think the merciless attacks from the media must have been an awful thing to bear and I admire him for his resilience in that. Frankly, whoever becomes leader, I still feel that the divisions in the party aren't going away anytime soon.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

He was just teasing!
In an interview before Christmas Dan Jarvis refused to rule out standing for the Labour leadership. But he has finally ruled it out now. (Politics Live, Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Realised he had no chance of getting the backers, more like. Though the support from Jason "Scruton" Cowley was maybe his kiss of death?