Wednesday 5th February 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 5th February 2020

Post by gilsey »

How is Johnson allowed to get away with spouting this crap about the economy growing by 73%?
Full Fact reckon you'd have to go back to 1990 to get that figure.
Under Conservative-led governments since 2010, the UK’s GDP has grown by around 20% (depending on exactly when you start counting), not 73% as Mr Johnson said. We’ve asked his office for more information.

73% is how much the economy grew between 1990 and 2017, which comprised 13 years of Labour government, more than 10 years of Conservative government and five years of the Coalition.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

gilsey wrote:
17:31
People's PMQs - Snap verdict
Boris Johnson has many faults, but he is not stupid. He is also an accomplished performer who, like most good performers, can tell when he is losing his audience. By the end of this session he looked like someone finding it increasingly hard to pretend that what he was doing was anything other than utterly pointless.

And he was right; it was.
Sparrow.
Yes he is. He's stupid. He may possess a certain degree of low cunning and an overabundance of white male upper class privilege but he lacks any real understanding and ability. He acts like a bumbling fool because he is a bumbling fool. He's a puppet. He actually makes David Cameron look credible.

What I said previously about the media enabling by pretending he's not a complete joke. Am rather disappointed with Andrew Sparrow. He's better than this.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote:
gilsey wrote:
17:31
People's PMQs - Snap verdict
Boris Johnson has many faults, but he is not stupid. He is also an accomplished performer who, like most good performers, can tell when he is losing his audience. By the end of this session he looked like someone finding it increasingly hard to pretend that what he was doing was anything other than utterly pointless.

And he was right; it was.
Sparrow.
Yes he is. He's stupid. He may possess a certain degree of low cunning and an overabundance of white male upper class privilege but he lacks any real understanding and ability. He acts like a bumbling fool because he is a bumbling fool. He's a puppet. He actually makes David Cameron look credible.

What I said previously about the media enabling by pretending he's not a complete joke. Am rather disappointed with Andrew Sparrow. He's better than this.
Getting in even though the next day has started - I often thing we need better words than 'clever' or, indeed, 'not stupid' in order to be accurate about these things. Johnson is not an idiot, in that he knows he can get away with anything and is very happy to take advantage of that, but I completely agree that he's stupid, if for no other reason than that he keeps treating everybody else as though they must be stupid to let him get away with it. And, overwhelmingly, they do.
I still believe in a town called Hope