Friday 10th October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Friday 10th October 2014

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AngryAsWell wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Should FTN retweet this?

Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin 9h9 hours ago
Ed Miliband has ordered Labour MPs to vote to recognise the State of Palestine in Monday's vote. Retweet if you think he made right call...
Belfast, Belfast
I think this is one of the reasons the press are so anti Ed, given the make up of the press ownership that is.
Even the President of the USA is frightened of upsetting the - what do they call it over there - is it the Jewish vote or Israeli vote?

This vote could precede the re shuffle, and may dictate who is shuffled. Some in the shadow cabinet oppose recognition of Palestine, particularly those in Labour Friends of Israel, like RR.
Thanks AAW. Of course it would be better if there were a single secular state in the Israel / Palestine region. But getting from where we are now to that endpoint seems an impossibly huge leap currently. In which case I personally feel it would be right to recognise an independent Palestine.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Right that's probably pretty much it from me for the weekend. I'll be enjoying the fabulous Marsden Jazz Festival. Maybe see some of you there?

http://www.marsdenjazzfestival.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Ed Miliband has ordered Labour MPs to vote to recognise the State of Palestine in Monday's vote. Retweet if you think he made right call...
Belfast, Belfast
I think this is one of the reasons the press are so anti Ed, given the make up of the press ownership that is.
Even the President of the USA is frightened of upsetting the - what do they call it over there - is it the Jewish vote or Israeli vote?

This vote could precede the re shuffle, and may dictate who is shuffled. Some in the shadow cabinet oppose recognition of Palestine, particularly those in Labour Friends of Israel, like RR.
Thanks AAW. Of course it would be better if there were a single secular state in the Israel / Palestine region. But getting from where we are now to that endpoint seems an impossibly huge leap currently. In which case I personally feel it would be right to recognise an independent Palestine.
I'd go with all of that.

Curiously enough, you're the only other person I've come across who believes (as I do) in a single state solution. The other guy was a bloke I met at a party in Derbyshire, and he was quite adamant about it. I hadn't thought of it until that point, but as I did, I realised that it was the best - perhaps the only - solution there.

It's just depressing that Israel as a whole seems to have lurched to the right in the last 20-30 years, and is effectively held to ransom by a small but apparently influential clique of doctrinaire (and somewhat racist) religious fruitcakes.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dan Hodges ‏@DPJHodges 6m6 minutes ago
Watching all these people criticising Ed Miliband is making me feel a bit odd. I've got this sudden urge to write a piece defending him.
Smack him round the face repeatedly with a stinking rotten fish - please, someone. (Preferably one Dave pointed at in Portugal or Cornwall many weeks ago.)
Working on the wild side.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:He "denied" that it will happen - that's all right, then :lol:

Latest review of yesterday's (other!) byelections up in the other place, btw :)
Hi Anatoly, any chance of posting the roundup here? Perhaps first in future, and leave a link at the Graun to guide readers here?
Here's this weeks:
Away from the by-election excitement, five local council vacancies yesterday:

Chelmsford DC - Tory hold in a super safe two member ward (they were last seriously challenged by an Independent back in 2003) though their winning percentage was well down on both 2011 and 2007 as UKIP (who also polled decently in the Essex CC division here last year) took second with 31% in their first outing at this level. Labour thus relegated to third with their share also well down on last time, whilst the Greens tried their luck here and got just 3% - though they pipped the LibDems (who were second here in 2007) for the wooden spoon by a single vote.

Rushmoor DC - UKIP hold with half the vote, a slight increase on this May; this will please them even more given the circumstances of the poll (the incumbent had to resign after being convicted for arson following a domestic dispute) Before recent boundary changes this was a safe Tory area, but UKIP sprung a surprise when they took all three seats in the 2012 all-outs here (and then won one of the Hants CC divisions covering this area last year, whilst narrowly missing out on the other) Tories beaten 2 to 1 here now as they saw their share drop further, whilst Labour in 3rd were almost unchanged on May but a bit up compared to 2012. LibDems last, up slightly on this year but down on the all-outs (when they finished 3rd)

Crawley DC - Labour gain from Tory in this "bellwether" council (and constituency) though the incumbent had defected to UKIP before his resignation. This seat had originally elected 3 Labour councillors at the "all out" post boundary change polls in 2004, but they lost them to the Tories in the next three elections and the latter held on in both 2011 and 2012, despite Labour gains elsewhere on the council - they only made the breakthrough here in May when they won back majority control, so they will be pleased to have augmented their position now. As in most elections in the past decade, the (pro-Labour) swing here was modest in what is evidently a highly polarised ward - both Labour and Tory gained some ground since May whilst third placed UKIP declined (the swing was a bit bigger since 2012) Last placed was the local perennial one-man "Justice Party" with less than 1% (worse than the LibDems in Clacton!)

Essex CC - talking of which, this division - which is partly in the Clacton constituency - gave local Tories a morsel of cheer today as it saw them gain the seat from UKIP. The previous incumbent here was, of course, one Roger Lord - who achieved his 15 minutes of political fame just after Carswell's defection. Tories came from third last year to win, with a 9% increase in share, whilst UKIP (who caused a surprise when taking this previously safe Tory division in 2013) remained almost unchanged. Despite an endorsement from Lord, the LibDems dropped from a close second then - and a more distant runners-up spot in 2009 - to third (though their candidate still quite possibly polled as many votes in the Clacton bit of the seat as their hapless parliamentary hopeful did in the whole constituency) Labour - second here in 2005 - drifted down a tad further, whilst the Greens in last place were little changed.

Blackpool - Tory hold in a ward which split 1Lab/1Tory in 2011 and this time saw a close 3 way finish as UKIP - which has polled increasingly strongly in a series of by-elections here in the last few years - came closer than ever to winning their initial seat on the council, scoring over 31% in their first appearance here. Labour will be disappointed to have been edged into third given that they topped the poll here last time (though Tories won both seats here in 2007 and narrowly won most votes when it again split in 2003, so this is on the whole one of their better areas) This has also in recent years been one of the stronger LibDem parts of the town, but their vote collapsed to less than 3% this time - that they still managed to beat the moribund BNP into last will likely be cold comfort.

No fewer than ten contests next week.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Retweeted by Guido Fawkes
fleetstreetfox ‏@fleetstreetfox 5m5 minutes ago
Dear @Ed_Miliband: Just go. Please just go.
Now that makes me angry, very angry.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Retweeted by Guido Fawkes
fleetstreetfox ‏@fleetstreetfox 5m5 minutes ago
Dear @Ed_Miliband: Just go. Please just go.
Now that makes me angry, very angry.
Doesn't bother me, the right wing don't like him. Fuck them.
Release the Guardvarks.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Meh - Susie Boniface has never liked him.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote::lol:
The Cameron picture sent shivers down my spine. It's so clear that at the heart of it, that is who - and all - he is. A sinister thug who couldn't have survived 5 minutes in a normal primary school playground.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

CanThisPictureBeTrue.jpg
CanThisPictureBeTrue.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 17669 times
Retweeted by Adam Boulton
Nick Pisani ‏@nickpisani1 21m21 minutes ago
Can this picture really be true? Astonishing if it is, but I'm not convinced. Yet.
I'm not sure what that picture would represent - even if it is 'true'. Could be open to several interpretations?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: I think this is one of the reasons the press are so anti Ed, given the make up of the press ownership that is.

I'd go with all of that.

Curiously enough, you're the only other person I've come across who believes (as I do) in a single state solution. The other guy was a bloke I met at a party in Derbyshire, and he was quite adamant about it. I hadn't thought of it until that point, but as I did, I realised that it was the best - perhaps the only - solution there.

It's just depressing that Israel as a whole seems to have lurched to the right in the last 20-30 years, and is effectively held to ransom by a small but apparently influential clique of doctrinaire (and somewhat racist) religious fruitcakes.
Single state would never work. Never. There is far to much hate, resentment and cruelty to overcome. Spend a little while reading Breaking the Silence to understand just how deep the resentment and hurt runs. I'm a forgiving person, but could never pardon some of the daily hurts and humiliations inflicted over the years as detailed on those pages. Never mind the fact that their homeland had been bombed back into the last century.

http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two state solution for me is the way forward, with Israel shrunk back to its pre 1967 border.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Wow, Andrew's blog has less than 700 comments today. Normally I would expect it to be 1000+, for a day like today. Looks like the Beta's working wonders. :toss:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

refitman wrote:Wow, Andrew's blog has less than 700 comments today. Normally I would expect it to be 1000+, for a day like today. Looks like the Beta's working wonders. :toss:
I simply can't look at the blog bit of it - let alone the comments. They've made it out of bounds for those not on smart phones or tablets.

I'm not wanted anymore. Boo hoo hoo hoo .... hoo.

But I've got over it surprisingly quickly.
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF
Night PF :)
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

Did I just hear right? 35% turnout for the Greater Manchester byelection? That means that 65% is totally disinterested. That is worrying.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 1h1 hour ago
@AndrewCooper__ looks like they're briefing against you...sadly par for the course #nasty

Retweeted by Mehdi Hasan
Andrew Cooper ‏@AndrewCooper__ 39m39 minutes ago
@LordAshcroft And I never thought or said any of what is attributed to me. Nasty, dishonest, cowardly smear.

Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 33m33 minutes ago
@AndrewCooper__ .@ConHome is there should you wish to respond...
I think this is about gay marriage (?) .... not sure who is doing the briefing but sounds like it may be the uber Tories given the #nasty.

How depressing. It's as though UKIP winning Clacton has opened the floodgates ... no shame or caution needed anymore.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

51A wrote:Did I just hear right? 35% turnout for the Greater Manchester byelection? That means that 65% is totally disinterested. That is worrying.
You mean the H&M ?
Being told Labour have up to 50% lead the day before the election tends to make people complacent and perhaps not vote if they are busy, by-elections tend to have lower turn outs - esp this close to an GE.
...and it was raining most of the day.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Talking of the AS blog...whatever happened to that belligerent UKIP member who disappeared for a year and turned up worse than ever - he seems to have vanished again. You'd think he'd be all over it like a rash right now.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

In the chemist getting my prescription yesterday. A woman I've spoken to occasionally although I don't know her name...
The last time we spoke we got on to politics and she was obviously Tory. On and on about immigration. Embarrassingly so.
Yesterday she was speaking to another couple and I heard her saying Rich boy Tories, don't have a clue, and the other couple were nodding vigorously in agreement.

No need to ask who they're going to vote for in 2015 :(
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Talking of the AS blog...whatever happened to that belligerent UKIP member who disappeared for a year and turned up worse than ever - he seems to have vanished again. You'd think he'd be all over it like a rash right now.
What, laverda?
:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

RobertSnozers wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Talking of the AS blog...whatever happened to that belligerent UKIP member who disappeared for a year and turned up worse than ever - he seems to have vanished again. You'd think he'd be all over it like a rash right now.
What, laverda?
:clap:

Yeah, that's him.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

AngryAsWell wrote:
51A wrote:Did I just hear right? 35% turnout for the Greater Manchester byelection? That means that 65% is totally disinterested. That is worrying.
You mean the H&M ?
Being told Labour have up to 50% lead the day before the election tends to make people complacent and perhaps not vote if they are busy, by-elections tend to have lower turn outs - esp this close to an GE.
But on the day that came down to 617 votes, far too bloomin' close for my liking. My local polling station, instead of being in one of the many community buildings down by the shops is in another building way out of anyone's way. I've wondered for ages why they have it there and I'm going to suggest to our sitting Labour MP (safe Labour here too, I want to keep it that way) that it's moved to the Communities First building or the Community Centre down there, where people actually go and the bus passes. Off to email him. Back in a min.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RobertSnozers wrote:
What, laverda?
I think he detests the new format as much as we do, tbf......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

51A wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
You mean the H&M ?
But on the day that came down to 617 votes, far too bloomin' close for my liking. My local polling station, instead of being in one of the many community buildings down by the shops is in another building way out of anyone's way. I've wondered for ages why they have it there and I'm going to suggest to our sitting Labour MP (safe Labour here too, I want to keep it that way) that it's moved to the Communities First building or the Community Centre down there, where people actually go and the bus passes. Off to email him. Back in a min.
I do agree, but at the GE it will improve :)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RobertSnozers wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: What, laverda?
Didn't he leave over nesting?

Did he come out as a Kipper then? I thought he was always cagey about his allegiences, being chiefly anti-Labour but taking the 'they're all as bad as each other' line when his position became indefensible
It was virtually his first post on return, "I have joined ukip and Nigel is our saviour".
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

RobertSnozers wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: What, laverda?
Didn't he leave over nesting?

Did he come out as a Kipper then? I thought he was always cagey about his allegiences, being chiefly anti-Labour but taking the 'they're all as bad as each other' line when his position became indefensible
Oh yes, when he came back he was a full blown kipper. From memory he disappeared during the run up to the referendum. Possible he's looked at it since and like more than a few* thought he'd not bother.

* Apart from Spinning Hugo who seems to be mod-proof even thought here's been pointed remarks as to his previous ID.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Best political news of the day. It's John Hemming.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... ay-7915999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Problem with fly tipping after charges introduced for green waste. Captain Bellend is rightly keen to sort it out. Takes the Council to court to clean it up, which is standard grandstanding.

Court says the law he's relying on applies to particular bits of land. He's tried to use it for the whole of his constituency.

Court awards the council their costs. £13k. Against Captain Bellend personally.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Kevin Brennan retweeted

Cllr Ralph Berry ‏@CllrRalphBerry · 52m52 minutes ago
Exclusive: Police pass Bradford free school ‘fraud’ file to prosecutors - Yorkshire Post http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/mai ... -1-6890207" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @KevinBrennanMP #donorgate
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AngryAsWell wrote:Kevin Brennan retweeted

Cllr Ralph Berry ‏@CllrRalphBerry · 52m52 minutes ago
Exclusive: Police pass Bradford free school ‘fraud’ file to prosecutors - Yorkshire Post http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/mai ... -1-6890207" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @KevinBrennanMP #donorgate
The question of how come they managed to have no chair of governors for their first year is still to be answered. Maybe it'll come out in questioning.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Night PF

Belfast, Belfast
During my heated conversation on Twitter this morning, I was told this would never happen because Miliband's Masters would not allow it; oddly, when I asked for clarification as to exactly who those 'Masters' are, things got a little garbled. :D I have problems with being told that Miliband is a disappointment, and I am not recognising reality, by people who insist on peppering their tweets with "Bilderberg", "Tory-lite", "Red Tories" .....

BTW, re. Laverda, I've seen him posting a lot at the Telegraph (aka Kipper News) of late, his natural habitat presumably.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
51A wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: You mean the H&M ?
I do agree, but at the GE it will improve :)
This says it far better than me :)
Middleton & Heywood means nothing like the media/UKIP are saying

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com/2014/ ... re-saying/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Oh here we go.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88395.html

Bunch of Z listers the lot of them. If they don't turn up sack the lot and replace them with charismatic MPs.

None of them would be missed, and none of them have a support base. A great little opportunity.
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Oh here we go.

Bunch of Z listers the lot of them. If they don't turn up sack the lot and replace them with charismatic MPs.

None of them would be missed, and none of them have a support base. A great little opportunity.
I think this is what I was saying further up there /\ about the (alleged) coming reshuffle, if shadow cabinet ministers ignore the whip it may well be a blood letting. There is no urgency at this point in time to force this vote.....unless it makes it easier to shift some people..... ?
Rachel Reeves, the shadow Work and Pension Secretary, and Michael Dugher, the shadow Cabinet Office minister, are both officers of Labour Friends of Israel.
The shadow Chancellor Ed Balls and shadow Cabinet ministers Caroline Flint, Liam Byrne, Ivan Lewis and Jim Murphy are all listed as supporters.
Note : Never play chess with EdM...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

And now for a fine example of why the UK has laws about what animals you can keep.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvid ... neeze.html

Cute, yes. But scale up a guinea pig to the size of a very large dog and ask yourself how big its teeth are.

If the owners piss it off I imagine it could easily kill them with a single bite.
Release the Guardvarks.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:

I think this is what I was saying further up there /\ about the (alleged) coming reshuffle, if shadow cabinet ministers ignore the whip it may well be a blood letting. There is no urgency at this point in time to force this vote.....unless it makes it easier to shift some people..... ?
Rachel Reeves, the shadow Work and Pension Secretary, and Michael Dugher, the shadow Cabinet Office minister, are both officers of Labour Friends of Israel.
The shadow Chancellor Ed Balls and shadow Cabinet ministers Caroline Flint, Liam Byrne, Ivan Lewis and Jim Murphy are all listed as supporters.
It is a high risk strategy as it will add to the disgruntled brigade which I think is currently:

Stringer, Danczuk, Byrne and Murphy.

On the other hand he can bring in AJ and Darling; the question is who does he have up and coming to add to the mix. We could really do with a recognised disability rights campaigner lining up against IDS.

I actually doubt Balls will rebel, too invested in an election victory.
Release the Guardvarks.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AngryAsWell wrote:

I note this...
One senior pro-Israeli Labour MP said: “To say that there is a row going on it putting it very mildly. People are furious. This is an attempt to rip up 13 years of carefully calibrated policy. It total madness and makes the prospect of peace less rather than more likely.”
...which has got us precisely...er...nowhere.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

From my FB feed...

"I voted UKIP. The Tory MP has done nothing for years" Clacton voter on BBC. Brilliant "

:lol:
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Friends of Israel, and other similar lobbies (including Friends of Palestine), should not be permitted within the Labour Party. Irrespective of the merits of their various causes they are entryist and corrupting organisations.

Miliband should make this very clear to the SC.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

It is a high risk strategy as it will add to the disgruntled brigade which I think is currently:

On the other hand he can bring in AJ and Darling; the question is who does he have up and coming to add to the mix. We could really do with a recognised disability rights campaigner lining up against IDS.

You're right, it is a high risk strategy, which is why I think this is another MSM attempt to muddy the waters; after the hard work of the past 4 years I really don't see Miliband throwing things away on a whim (his name is Ed, not Dave), there will have been a lot of meetings behind closed doors before this was announced. The people who matter will stay onside (and that includes the likes of Balls and Reeves) the rest are, as you said earlier, irrelevant Z-listers.

Time to clear out some dead wood, and this is the opportunity to do it. Isolate Straw and Field (who facilitated Smith's crimes at DWP imo, so can go do one), bring Darling back into the fold (if he wants to), strengthen the existing team and cement alliances. Steady your nerves mon braves, I don't think this is an icipient car crash - however much the press would like it to be!
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Very risky I do agree, but - lets face it - how many times have we here expressed frustration that the shadow team just don't get behind Ed? Perhaps its time to "go for broke"
If Lucy Powell gets the bit between her teeth she would be a brilliant match for IDS - I've seen her angry about issues she cares about - and she can handle herself well on TV.
http://www.labour.org.uk/people/detail/lucy-powell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But maybe I'm wrong and he's just filling parliamentary time....? 8-)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

RogerOThornhill wrote:From my FB feed...

"I voted UKIP. The Tory MP has done nothing for years" Clacton voter on BBC. Brilliant "

:lol:
I do wonder sometimes if there should be some kind of test before you are allowed to vote....... :rofl:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A List of "Labour people" either MP's or candidates
http://www.labour.org.uk/people#main-content" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Kate Green, who works for Reeves, worked in the area for years. Hopeful of this area.

Teresa Pearce is centre-left, and also a former senior manager in a Big 4 accountants. Surprised she hasn't been put in a decent job. Would have worked with hundreds of businesses.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Cameron faces a triple whammy..
Can't read it, behind pay wall, but look ...interesting ?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/poli ... 2014_10_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Looking at that Times article and seeing Osborne to the side...I bet he's getting worried now.

By the time of the election the first quarter's growth figures will be out - if growth slows in the next few months he could be looking at not only no real increase in wages but no growth in the economy as well.

Labour should jump straight in if he starts a "But...it's all because of the EU!" given that the last recession was all due to Labour.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Looking at that Times article and seeing Osborne to the side...I bet he's getting worried now.

By the time of the election the first quarter's growth figures will be out - if growth slows in the next few months he could be looking at not only no real increase in wages but no growth in the economy as well.

Labour should jump straight in if he starts a "But...it's all because of the EU!" given that the last recession was all due to Labour.
Just accidentally caught a glimpse of Osborne on the news, lost so much weight now he's looking ill - and has almost as many wrinkles as me!! ( :lol!: )
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

We have a new member
Hi SophiaLake :)

Night all :) :sleep: