Thursday 16th April 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 16th April 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 16th April 2020

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

What's "a new technology that doesn't yet exist"? (Matt Hancock on testing.)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Not a cheerful opener, but WTH .

Fewer people dying in hospital, the curve plateauing and the pressure easing off ?

As the Guardian reports concerns about a sharp rise in the number of deaths at home during the pandemic, a paramedic with the West Midlands Ambulance Service describes the changes he has seen on his shifts.
""Lots more people are dying at home and being discovered dead at home. Some of them are people who tested positive for Covid-19 and were sent home as there was no clinical benefit in helping them; they are more elderly people. People are being sent home, essentially, to die there.

“We are going to people in their late 60s and have been told before we get there that they have tested positive for Covid and have a DNR, do not resuscitate[order], that’s been put in place by a doctor, so they are not for resuscitation. We arrive and they have oxygen levels of 85% or below and they are not going to recover. ""
(Uh huh, but what if they are at say 90%?)

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... are_btn_fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, when people are still alive in an ambulance outside a hospital and a doc says "STOP!" they are just unloaded to (very probably) die inside, depending on how busy it is. In other cases the ambulance crew already know it's Covid19 with DNR, so they just cart away the written-off person to do it in hospital.

For those already dead at home, the crew can certify 'Recognition Of Life Extinct' , but do they define the cause ?
--------------------------------------------------

There's a NHS points system to decide who gets what treatment when arriving in hospital . Score 8 and you possibly get little more than 'palliation'. I would score 4 purely for being over 70 .

There is spare capacity for the moment in Lower Normandy, but I'm doing my best not to test it . Just emptied two pump-action soap containers to fill with hand gel at the chemists , one for me, one for the 83 year old neighbour . He's still full of life, busy with his livery of trotting racehorses, and not ready to 'go' either , but he would 'achieve' 6 points in the NHS.

https://www.ft.com/content/d738b2c6-000 ... 5e6b333684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuller details -- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tient.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep up with the precautions, mask-making etc ! xx
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Anyone take a peek at the Starmer/Rayner thing last night? I've heard that our new deputy came across very well.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.
David__Osland

@David__Osland
32m32 minutes ago
More
I've got a better idea than Matt Hancock. Just this once, let's give care workers bonuses worth several times their annual salary, and reward investment bankers with a nice shiny badge instead
Quite.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Been out shopping this morning, things definitely busier than last week (though still well below "normal")
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Parody Boris Johnson

@BorisJohnson_MP
5h5 hours ago
More
Angela Merkel is playing a dangerous game - making it look as though politicians can explain things in an honest, clear and concise way without any bullshit.
#COVID19 #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/bkQEkFB7F5
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

F*** business is still the order of the day according to the No10 spokesperson.
He told journalists:

We will not ask to extend the transition. And, if the EU asks, we will say no. Extending the transition would simply prolong the negotiations, prolong business uncertainty, and delay the moment of control of our borders. It would also keep us bound by EU legislation at a point when we need legislative and economic flexibility to manage the UK response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Plenty of scepticism around, but I fear they just can't accept that our govt really is that stupid.
David Henig
@DavidHenigUK
4/ The government genuinely believes we get the better deal from the EU by saying December and no more. That it is the EU that needs a deal and not us. Incidentally many in the EU will believe the opposite, that they shouldn't ask as the UK will be forced to fold...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lewis Goodall
@lewis_goodall
...but it’s just to say that if we’re at 3 million unemployed by the middle of the year, if the world is in a depression, or we’re looking at a second wave, if they and Brussels change tack, no one will care about briefings made yesterday or today.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Darren McCaffrey
@DarrenEuronews
BREAK: 5.2 million more Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week

Takes the total to a staggering 22 million in the past four weeks - numbers that are getting closer to the depths of the Great Depression
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The government don't want to *ask* for an extension, but they will accept one being forced on them?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Into the tomb ...

some Crace --

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -heartbeat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yeah, glad that somebody posted!

Night all, if there is indeed anybody there......
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Anyone take a peek at the Starmer/Rayner thing last night? I've heard that our new deputy came across very well.
Mr citizen especially liked Rayner's contributions
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.
David__Osland

@David__Osland
32m32 minutes ago
More
I've got a better idea than Matt Hancock. Just this once, let's give care workers bonuses worth several times their annual salary, and reward investment bankers with a nice shiny badge instead
Quite.
Doing that makes everyone better off. Everyone would benefit. Too much and too little isn't healthy for the whole thing.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:The government don't want to *ask* for an extension, but they will accept one being forced on them?
Johnson will sign whatever is put in front of him and UK press will either not mention it or will hail the event as victory.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Yeah, glad that somebody posted!

Night all, if there is indeed anybody there......
I got here as soon as I could.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Everyone all right?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Office of the Governor of California
@CAgovernor
Grocery workers, restaurant workers, farmworkers, food delivery workers are essential, not expendable.
Today, Governor Newsom signed an executive order to extend 2 weeks of paid sick leave for food sector workers. #StayHomeSaveLives #CaliforniaForAll
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

citizenJA wrote:Everyone all right?
Good!

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
PorFavor
Prime Minister