Friday 3rd July 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 3rd July 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 3rd July 2020

Post by frog222 »

13 earlier Brrrr ! ( Masks compulsory at the med centre )

VIDEO -- " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charge sheet with more detail, and linkies — https://timeline-of-failure.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wed 12/2 MI5 chief leaves briefing, implements pandemic plan, orders hand gel ASAP.

Fri 14 to 22/2 ‘Working holiday’ to finalise one’s divorce negotiations.

Sat 29/2 announce engagement and pregnancy

Sat 14/3 Baby Shower with Carrie’s friends

Mon 16/3 Johnson asks Britons not to go to pubs but allows them to stay open

The government requests that the public avoid non-essential contact and travel, but the measures stop short of a lockdown and mass gatherings are still allowed. (Fortune)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another organisation distances itself from Starkey.

If historians can have Ratner moments, this was his...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HIDDEN COVID-19 DATA is Vote Leave Government's Political Weapon
Molly Scott Cato 2 July 2020
" It can only be speculated why the Prime Minister, his chief advisor Dominic Cummings and the Health and Social Care Secretary Matt Hancock decided to deprive local communities of the data they needed to keep their populations safe. Was this driven by an ideological loathing for local government; a Big Data driven obsession with knowledge as power; or a desire to hand lucrative data management contracts to private companies?

Whatever the motivation, it has left the country – as it emerges from protective isolation – groping in the dark for any sense of how safe we are. It means that the choice about whether to go shopping or to the pub has become more about an individual’s personality type and their innate level of caution than any kind of rational decision-making. "
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/07/02/hidd ... al-weapon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The statutory requirement for the notification of certain infectious diseases first came into being with the Infectious Disease (Notification) Act 1889," " Since 1968 clinical suspicion of a notifiable infection is all that is required to report a case of a disease. The attending doctor must notify the proper officers, " (COVID 19 is on the list)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_statut ... ion_system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the theory, I wonder how many GP's report suspected cases ? Plus of course under the Bozo régime they are also very unlikely to have any test results !
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I think sky's post last night deserves a wider audience, let's hope he's right.
I kinda sense a turning of the tide.

Monbiot in the Guardian today was warning about the rise of a new kind of fascism but I'm not so sure.

Starkey's stupidity is emblematic of the right's 'culture war' that's been allowed to run riot on social media and been facilitated by the traditional media since the turn of this century. But now, through the concerted efforts of American campaign groups given a boost by the 'Black lives matter' movement, look what's happenning. Even Zuckerberg is shitting his pants because major businesses don't want their adverts being displayed next to neo-nazis. Youtube has rid itself of David Duke and a swarm of other assorted white nationalist gadflies, Reddit got rid of the 'The Donald' subreddit amongst a lot of other far right guff and Twitter is editing Trump himself.

It's not like me to be optimistic but it's pretty obvious there's a change going on with American social media companies and their tolerance of the kind of views the right relies on for its culture war to continue for much longer.

Some argue that to deny these right wing headcases a platform will drive them underground and make them more dangerous.

To them I say Milo Yiannopoulos. Remember him?

With Katie Hopkins soon to follow him into obscurity.

I think the right has lost this culture war, they don't know it yet and they've done a shit load of damage, but their tantrum is close to being over.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

What on earth has Johnson got against cricket? Did he never get picked for the team at school?
Theo Usherwood
@theousherwood
Boris Johnson says it is the "teas, changing rooms and other stuff" that makes cricket a greater risk for Covid-19 transmission than tennis.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes, that was an interesting take from Sky and one that I instinctively think might have something to it.

One thing about the left is its tendency towards pessimism, even more marked since the last election. This may not always be justified.

But as ever, we must be fully vigilant. No complacency :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

" Just one in three pubs, bars and restaurants in Newcastle city centre will reopen for business on Saturday, a council spokesman said. "

So there is a Fifth Column of non-openers ?

Name and shame the traitors !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

A staged opening makes more sense anyway.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A few pubs full to bursting ?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

That was my thought when I saw some pubs in Newcastle and Sunderland weren't opening, worse for the rest.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Well said.
Daniel Howdon
@danielhowdon
This is 100% a case where the correct answer to the question "is this causal??" is "probably but also I don't care" because all the ways in which the relationship can be confounded are exactly the same thing: treating staff better and taking more care for residents.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Everybody vanished preparing to go to the pub tomorrow?