Monday 13th October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Monday 13th October 2014

Post by LadyCentauria »

The BBC is reporting that the Government are selling their Eurostar stake:
The UK government is seeking buyers for its 40% stake in the cross-Channel train operator Eurostar to help boost the public finances.
The RMT union and the Labour Party have voiced concerns about selling Eurostar
(George Osborne said) "Ensuring that we can deliver the best quality infrastructure for Britain and the best value for money for the taxpayer are key parts of our long-term economic plan."
Mary Creagh MP, Labour's shadow transport secretary, said: "The National Audit Office should urgently conduct a value-for-money enquiry before this sale proceeds.
"We must ensure that taxpayers are not ripped off again by bungling ministers and poor financial advice from the City,"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29588412

Those interested in buying this share in Eurostar have until the end of this month to express their interest to the Treasury.

Personally, I think this is crazy! How do you improve this country's infrastructure by selling off its existing infrastructure and then using the proceeds (almost bound to be sold for less than the true value) to pay down the national debt? For some of you, this will be proof that I'm no economist; but surely Eurostar, a thriving and growing service, returns profit to its three shareholders – of which the Treasury is one. And in further bad news, from the same article:
Other possible asset sales include the government's stake in the uranium enrichment company URENCO, legacy Royal Mail pension assets, and the government's student loan book.
The Treasury has decided against selling off the Royal Mint, principally because it would not raise enough money.
Recently, I read that Osborne was planning to sell off the UK's gas-storage facilities. And that strikes me as just about as crazy and short-term-ist as was closing down all those coal-mines both recently announced and back in the eighties and nineties. Yes, coal needs either phasing out completely or massive R&D efforts in pursuit of working carbon-capture technology. Investment, not sell-offs and sell-outs and loss of control over energy security. Unless the coal-mines have been moth-balled in the expectation that, in a few millions of years, the coal will turn into diamonds and our descendants will all be as rich as Croesus. Now, that would be a 'long-term economic plan'. And our descendants would most likely be the exploited miners whilst the descendants of our current masters remain the masters. /rant...
Edits: grammar and spilling-mastooks
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Mon 13 Oct, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Re: Monday 13th October 2014

Post by LadyCentauria »

P.S. Mornin' all :wave:

In other news, the London Ambulance Service's Unison Branch have called a strike today from 7am 'til 11am. There is a Live Blog dedicated to this NHS strike at: http://www.unison.org.uk/content/conNewsArticle/5470
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

The reaction on Twitter today to the NHS strike is surprisingly very supportive (so far). I say surprisingly because whenever there has been a strike by other public sector workers such as as teachers you usually get a lot of negative responses.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Jeremy *unt has just blamed not being able to give NHS workers a pay rise on Mid Staffs!!!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Morning.

Who needs satire.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning all.

The BBC are also reporting that the Treasury / Osborne's projected tax take is down (boo hoo hoo) - which is due to raising the income tax threshhold and the increasing number of very low paid jobs apparently.

Didn't see that one coming did we? What a terrible surprise. Totally unforeseeable consequences.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just to say I won't be around for a little while. Important business to attend to in an intensive way.

Catch up with you all soon.
Working on the wild side.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Have I woken up in some sort of alternative universe?

I hope AAW and HindleA don't mind me re-linking from last night...

https://twitter.com/politicshome/status ... 9527393280

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 90247.html

...WTF? That's the oddest thing I've ever seen - does this mean they're going to come clean and say 'we'll do better' next time 'while we try to put it back together'...or have the bigwigs/controllers decided they've had enough? So Dodgy & Gidiot admit they 'didn't understand the plan'...but went ahead anyway ('cos in Dodgys' judgement, Lansleys' a 'dashed good chap, dontcha know')

Either way, I think Ed's just won the election :clap: :clap:

Perhaps now we can see the Risk Register?

Sorry - aware it's a bit 'stream of consciousness' ranty, but I'm waiting for someone to wake me up - otherwise this is best thing I've hard in 4 1/2 years :dance:

..and Morning all...and HindleA - thanks for the link
Last edited by Lonewolfie on Mon 13 Oct, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Yes, Sarah Montague gave him a thorough grilling didn't she. :roll:

Re shed loads: isn't that a load that has been shed? I.e. dropped?

Morning all.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

frightful_oik wrote:Yes, Sarah Montague gave him a thorough grilling didn't she. :roll:

Morning all.
I'm so happy that Jeremy Hunt is willing to negotiate on our pay... and all we have to do is agree to give in to his attempt at blackmail and allow him to reduce our wages by thousands so they are more appetizing for US healthcare companies.

He can take a running jump off Beachy Head.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

refitman wrote:Jeremy *unt has just blamed not being able to give NHS workers a pay rise on Mid Staffs!!!
Yes, I rolled my eyes at him shoehorning that in again - the wording was, I think "We've just been though Mid Staffs"...right...more than 5 years ago and no, you didn't as you weren't in office.

Bit surprised that he didn't blame burnham as usual.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Good luck, @RR2 !

Yes, we have rather woken in an alternative universe. @Lonewolfie. Apologies for completely cocking up the NHS, and what amount to admissions by OGRFG and Gideon that they are neither 'good at' being PM, nor capable enough of understanding financial matters to be an effective Chancellor. They, or their spokesmanpersonwoman, say that they have made 3 mistakes in government. One being the NHS, the other two being minor/petty/irrelevant. But what are these other two small matters? Did they have anything to do with GIDS or Gove? The PM's lack of judgement in choosing the right person for the job? The Chancellor's lack of judgement in continuing to flog off 'the family silver' at a loss (provided it wasn't his family's silver, naturally!) and stifling growth by pruning public services' and local authorities' budgets too hard and at the wrong times? There are so very many things I think they've handled incredibly badly that I'll stop before I ruin my day with further bouts of anger... well, at least for the next half-hour...

Edit: neither>nor, not >or...
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Mon 13 Oct, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

frightful_oik wrote:Yes, Sarah Montague gave him a thorough grilling didn't she. :roll:

Morning all.
Yes, and a large number of them would be a shed load of shed loads.
Release the Guardvarks.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

Is it too cynical of me to think that from now until May will be taken up by a governmental sell off/scorched earth policy?
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Spacedone wrote:

Morning all.
I'm so happy that Jeremy Hunt is willing to negotiate on our pay... and all we have to do is agree to give in to his attempt at blackmail and allow him to reduce our wages by thousands so they are more appetizing for US healthcare companies.

He can take a running jump off Beachy Head.
Frankly, I think they're finished. To have the Health & Social (couldn't) Care (less) Bill termed 'a mistake' front and centre on one of Ruperts' fetid organs means they'll have to start answering questions - instead of using La-la-la Lansleys' 'I'm right and I can't hear you' they'll actually have to face people who've been telling them for years that it wouldn't work .

How much money have Lansley, his wife, the cook(-the-books Gidiot), the thief (Jeremy rhyming slang) and the specimen bottle-washers (Cleggs yellow tories) made from these changes?

I ask because of this...
mpoa1310a.JPG
mpoa1310a.JPG (108.54 KiB) Viewed 22360 times
...from here...

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... crules.htm

On Mid-Staffs, the only bit of QT I caught/could stand to watch last week was Fat Eric doing his best impression of a bloated walrus telling Harman to 'apologise for Mid Staffs'. Surely even they can see that after this they'll have to actually back up what they've been saying? He repeated the 'drinking from vases' lie...perhaps he could ask the Dunce of Downing Street...he seems to know all about it :o

Anyone know what the bookies odds are on them not lasting 'til Christmas? (and I know - someone's going to wake me up soon!)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

High Court has given permission for a Judicial Review into the Government's policy on legal aid funding for inquests #failinggrayling

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/challen ... ullarticle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

I've just been trying to work out Twitter...I think I'm going to need to wait for Wolflet No2 as she has her finger on the pulse and will be able to explain in a way I might understand :oops:

The reason is this...

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84

I used to quite respect his output - one of the few voices that wasn't trying to lump Miliband in with Tory Blur/Dodgy Dave and the Nose-in Troughers...so I wanted to ask what it was about Rustybodger at the Graun that's suddenly turned him into one of the 'they're all the same...they're all shit...UKIPs' their fault...blah blah blah' brigade.
Last edited by Lonewolfie on Mon 13 Oct, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Debates, wuhooh! Seeing as Miliband is wierd and useless, Cameron is prime ministerial and the Conservatives want May to be a presidential style election the Tories will be chomping at the bit presumably?

[/Sarcasm]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Broadcasters' proposals 're TV debates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest ... er-debates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Lonewolfie and Stephen Dolan. :D
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

StephenDolan wrote:Debates, wuhooh! Seeing as Miliband is wierd and useless, Cameron is prime ministerial and the Conservatives want May to be a presidential style election the Tories will be chomping at the bit presumably?

[/Sarcasm]
Why does Farridge get a place at one of the debates rather than, say the leading MP of the Greens, the SNP, the DUP, PC, SF, or any other parties who have MPs? And why Farridge when he is not the leader of UKIP in the House of Commons? And is unlikely so to be before May. All he is is a Prospective Parliamentary Candidate, after all.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Lonewolfie wrote:I've just been trying to work out Twitter...I think I'm going to need to wait for Wolflet No2 as she has her finger on the pulse and will be able to explain in a way I might understand :oops:

The reason is this...

I used to quite respect his output - one of the few voices that wasn't trying to lump Miliband in with Tory Blur/Dodgy Dave and the Nose-in Troughers...so I wanted to ask what it was about Rustybodger at the Graun that's suddenly turned him into one of the 'they're all the same...they're all shit...UKIPs' their fault...blah blah blah' brigade.
I did ask him once why the Guardian has a vendetta against Miliband, he replied that he's not responsible for editorial policies, I was going to reply "aah, so it is editorial policy then?" But I left it there as I was probably going after the wrong person?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Morning all.
Lonewolfie wrote:I've just been trying to work out Twitter...I think I'm going to need to wait for Wolflet No2 as she has her finger on the pulse and will be able to explain in a way I might understand :oops:

The reason is this...

Thank you, relieved that it is not just me who thinks that. All I saw yesterday on Twitter and elsewhere were people banging on about Jones writing "a brilliant piece in the Observer", usually accompanied by the words "as usual"; I found myself somewhat confused, as the piece I read (first time reading the Observer in a month) read almost like a Hodges piece.

Owen Jones seems to have an almost Messianic following who hang on his every word, which I just don't get; he (usually) writes well and he is certainly passionate but, like Russell Brand, at the end of the day I get the feeling he is happier being the maverick voice and rarely offers any constructive solutions. Happy to be educated on this, if somebody is able to convince me that Jones has any substance to go with the style.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Too many bloody articles on Farage for my liking; giving him the oxygen of publicity, and in the words of Linda Smith, I'm not that chuffed about him having the oxygen of oxygen, to be honest.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Morning all.

The reason is this...

Thank you, relieved that it is not just me who thinks that. All I saw yesterday on Twitter and elsewhere were people banging on about Jones writing "a brilliant piece in the Observer", usually accompanied by the words "as usual"; I found myself somewhat confused, as the piece I read (first time reading the Observer in a month) read almost like a Hodges piece.

Owen Jones seems to have an almost Messianic following who hang on his every word, which I just don't get; he (usually) writes well and he is certainly passionate but, like Russell Brand, at the end of the day I get the feeling he is happier being the maverick voice and rarely offers any constructive solutions. Happy to be educated on this, if somebody is able to convince me that Jones has any substance to go with the style.

I come across his book last week whilst browsing in a bookshop, Brand had a quote on the front "this generations Orwell" or something similar, I almost laughed.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

LadyCentauria wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Debates, wuhooh! Seeing as Miliband is wierd and useless, Cameron is prime ministerial and the Conservatives want May to be a presidential style election the Tories will be chomping at the bit presumably?

[/Sarcasm]
Why does Farridge get a place at one of the debates rather than, say the leading MP of the Greens, the SNP, the DUP, PC, SF, or any other parties who have MPs? And why Farridge when he is not the leader of UKIP in the House of Commons? And is unlikely so to be before May. All he is is a Prospective Parliamentary Candidate, after all.
Quite, they should invite Douglas Carswell, as a standing MP. Unless they're saying that the representative for Clacton is answerable to an MEP who doesn't even sit in the same house.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

LadyCentauria wrote:

[/Sarcasm]
Completely agree. I look forward to seeing the weasel words that've managed to shutout the greens taking part given they have an MP and poll close to the Lib Dems.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

The reason is this...

Tribalism - I think the complete lack of critical thought in the political/MSM discourse and the shallow 'I've made my mind up and you can't change it' attitude leads to people doing a 'La-la Lansley'.

I do have time for Russel Brand, however - when he skewered Paxo in that interview, his only error was not to have understood the logical progression of his argument ('what's the point in voting?' Insert any one of a number of reasons, all valid...my favourite would be the fact that I live in a constituency with over 50% voting Tory...so where does my vote count?). He is intelligent, has experienced some fairly difficult times (as any addict has) and seems to care. It was telling when the MSM reporting of the interview concentrated solely on the 'why vote' angle, thereby turning him to being another left-wing(ish) voice to be trashed and undermined.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

I see the Greens are being excluded from the final leaders debate, but UKIP are invited. :shock:
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

LadyCentauria wrote:

[/Sarcasm]
Ahh - clearly you don't 'get it'...'Friends of Rupert' get treated in a very special way
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

DonutHingeParty wrote:Too many bloody articles on Farage for my liking; giving him the oxygen of publicity, and in the words of Linda Smith, I'm not that chuffed about him having the oxygen of oxygen, to be honest.
There's a 30 min Panorama tonight about him too but could be interesting as it seems to question whether he's actually that different from the politicians he criticises.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Morning all. If anyone fancies going over to The Guardian, a poster called Parkin13 has posted a link to a non-Beta AS Blog:

http://discussion.theguardian.com/discu ... mentpage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

danesclose wrote:Morning all. If anyone fancies going over to The Guardian, a poster called Parkin13 has posted a link to a non-Beta AS Blog:

http://discussion.theguardian.com/discu ... mentpage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent ! How did he manage that ?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

danesclose wrote:Morning all. If anyone fancies going over to The Guardian, a poster called Parkin13 has posted a link to a non-Beta AS Blog:

Only the BTL/comments section but that is a heck of a lot better than nowt but a slap around the face with a wet halibut ;)
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Bl***y hell - I nearly bit then...nearly gave RC what for, for whining about 'I don't understand (insert daily anti-Ed/Labour line). Haven't been so close to commenting on there since I don't know when...thankfully, I saw sense :lol:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Lonewolfie wrote:

The reason is this...

Tribalism - I think the complete lack of critical thought in the political/MSM discourse and the shallow 'I've made my mind up and you can't change it' attitude leads to people doing a 'La-la Lansley'.

I do have time for Russel Brand, however - when he skewered Paxo in that interview, his only error was not to have understood the logical progression of his argument ('what's the point in voting?' Insert any one of a number of reasons, all valid...my favourite would be the fact that I live in a constituency with over 50% voting Tory...so where does my vote count?). He is intelligent, has experienced some fairly difficult times (as any addict has) and seems to care. It was telling when the MSM reporting of the interview concentrated solely on the 'why vote' angle, thereby turning him to being another left-wing(ish) voice to be trashed and undermined.
I quite like Russell Brand, as you say he is intelligent, he is a decent (his piece in The Graun when Amy Winehouse died was very powerful) and he articulates his points as well as his adopted persona lets him; but he isn't pretending to be anything more than what he is, and I respect him for that.

Whereas Owen does, he pushes himself as an authentic voice, part of that group who are "considerably more socialist than yow" * ....well, in their eyes at least. I understand he has been challenged to stand for Parliament on a number of occasions, but claims (somewhat sanctimoniously) that he can do more by remaining outside the tent; to my mind he has turned from somebody who genuinely was part of the solution to one who is now part of the problem. Like Hodges (more so probably) his comments can be used by the Right to legitimise some of their attacks on Ed and the Labour Party; the fact that he doesn't seem to care about it suggests he is either not as self aware as he claims to be, or he has decided the cult of Owen Jones must go on - the irony that his Observer article was built around criticism of opportunistic careerism certainly didn't pass me by.

* To be read in the voice of Harry Enfield's nouveux riche Brummie.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Another bl***y hell...I've been promoted...I feel a bit sorry for whichever Committee Chair has to deal with an old undeconstructed Marxist-collectivist grunt-futtock like me :lol:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I see we have a new poster at the Graun:

AMolliesWIz

https://id.theguardian.com/profile/amollieswiz/public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Style is familiar but can't work out any anagram so maybe not Hugo, this time.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

pk1 wrote:I see we have a new poster at the Graun:

AMolliesWIz

https://id.theguardian.com/profile/amollieswiz/public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Style is familiar but can't work out any anagram so maybe not Hugo, this time.
I think it is but as he's been spotted he's onto a new ID...BadDrainMildew. First post a few minutes ago.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Didn't Paxman come out as a tory a little while ago? Has Kay Burley ever given reason to believe she is not a tory?

What wonderful lack of bias in our media! Two tories are to chair the debate between Cameron and Miliband. No problems there of course.

Re Owen Jones - I expect like me he felt a sinking in his guts as Miliband seemed yesterday to continue the failed policy of appeasing fascists and the modern BUF by announcing new 'tough' rules on immigration, all the while supporting the EU's over-arching policy that allows migration in the EU.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Lonewolfie wrote:Another bl***y hell...I've been promoted...I feel a bit sorry for whichever Committee Chair has to deal with an old undeconstructed Marxist-collectivist grunt-futtock like me :lol:
Don't worry as a chief :whip: I'm used to keeping old undeconstructed Marxist-collectivist grunt-futtock's in line :lol:
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Just to say I won't be around for a little while. Important business to attend to in an intensive way.

Catch up with you all soon.
Be careful "out there" and know how much I appreciate all that you and Mr Riots do for all creatures, great and small.
:clap:
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Parkin has given this explanation about the Graun thread:
You can dig around in the HTML for a "data-discussion-key", simply bung that after the discussion/ in the link above. Should work for any beta comments page.
I plan on posting one each day I'm about until Beta is good enough, I get bored, or it stops working.
I have no idea what he's talking about however.......
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

Morning all. Still trying to keep up with everyone's posts but until I'm settled with my PC again have all but given up posting as I can't figure out linking on a tablet!

I read the posts on GM yesterday which brought back some of the not too pleasant times when my ex-boss Hon John Fellowes (Lord de Ramsey of Environment Agency infamy) was deeply involved. Google GM and Lord de Ramsey - you'll also see LibDem opposition links! How times change!
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

I bought a Peterborough Evening Telegraph last week to see what was being said by/about Stewart Jackson MP where someone had said he was a possible UKIP man.

That wouldn't have surprised me at all! What say you Lonewolfie? Did you read the article about £3m energy park cost with Jackson bashing the Tory Leader, Marco what'shisname?
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

Will the UK have any State Assets left by 2015 if the #ToxicTories keep going at this rate of trashing and give away to their mates?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

giselle97 wrote:I bought a Peterborough Evening Telegraph last week to see what was being said by/about Stewart Jackson MP where someone had said he was a possible UKIP man.

That wouldn't have surprised me at all! What say you Lonewolfie? Did you read the article about £3m energy park cost with Jackson bashing the Tory Leader, Marco what'shisname?
Marco Cereste. I wouldn't trust Stewart Jackson any further than I could throw him, but I'd want to be sure I could throw Marco the same distance; when I lived in Peterborough I used to have a lot of friends who were active members of the 'official' Italian community, so met Marco on a good few occasions - superficially a nice guy, but there was always something about him ......

Ah, the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, classic exemplar of why local news papers are in so much trouble, don't miss that, or much else about Peterborough; about the only things I do miss are the touristy bits (cathedral, museum and Flag Fen) and that brilliant Italian deli on Gladstone Street right next to my son's old nursery school.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
giselle97 wrote:I bought a Peterborough Evening Telegraph last week to see what was being said by/about Stewart Jackson MP where someone had said he was a possible UKIP man.

Marco Cereste. I wouldn't trust Stewart Jackson any further than I could throw him, but I'd want to be sure I could throw Marco the same distance; when I lived in Peterborough I used to have a lot of friends who were active members of the 'official' Italian community, so met Marco on a good few occasions - superficially a nice guy, but there was always something about him ......

Ah, the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, classic exemplar of why local news papers are in so much trouble, don't miss that, or much else about Peterborough; about the only things I do miss are the touristy bits (cathedral, museum and Flag Fen) and that brilliant Italian deli on Gladstone Street right next to my son's old nursery school.
Bloody hell; you, me, Rebeccariots - did everyone here live in Peterborough at sometime?

Also, nice typo from Andy Sparrow: Number 10 confirmed that, if the Commons does vote in favour of tonight’s motion saying the government should recognise the state of Israel, it will ignore it.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

RobertSnozers wrote:I've been dipping in and out for a while, so sincere apologies if this has already been posted, but it's probably worth another listen even if you've heard it already - James O'Brien skewers a Ukip supporter on LBC:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/10/passionat ... w-4900910/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James OB is good stuff! I had a brief couple of days of hope when he hosted Newsnight but then they seem to have chosen that Evan chap...
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

When we meet on the streets of Peterborough or another venue Stewart Jackson always says "Good morning Miss ..... [my surname] accompanied by a really slimey smirk! Total tosser!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Does he still have that risible combover?? :lol:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"