Monday 20th July 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 20th July 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 20th July 2020

Post by frog222 »

Trade Bill being debated today --
Examples of ISDS cases include the Canadian government being forced to pay damages to a toxic waste treatment company, and being forced to pay damages to the manufacturer of a gasoline additive thought to pose a risk to public health.

Other examples include an unsuccessful bid by tobacco company Philip Morris to sue the Uruguayan government for introducing anti-smoking legislation, arguing that the policies devalued its cigarette trademarks and investments. The tribunal took six years to find in favour of the government.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 26461.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Liveblog 8.22
The test and trace programme is central to easing the lockdown and getting the economy growing again. The ICO should have taken action but did not. We were forced to threaten judicial review to ensure that people’s privacy is protected.

The ICO and parliament must ensure that test and trace is operating safely and lawfully. As we have already seen individual contractors sharing patient data on social media platforms, emergency remedial steps will need to be taken.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... a9868ec99d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, Serco can hire people off the street to do the job done by my GP and local career public servants who are already routinely trusted to maintain confidentiality ... what could POSSIBLY go wrong ?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One of Serco's tracing call centres is in Motherwell, despite working for England, and guess what, there's a virus outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... anarkshire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this it's run by Sitel, who they?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

gilsey wrote:One of Serco's tracing call centres is in Motherwell, despite working for England, and guess what, there's a virus outbreak.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... anarkshire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shit-useless management at a US $bn Co.
A number of workers from the contact trace team, who worked on the ground floor where they carried out coronavirus tracing on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care, have been infected with the virus the girl claims.

She believes that there were not enough safety measures put in place by the call centre giant and that her team were freely able to move throughout the building.

The whistleblower, from East Kilbride, is now awaiting her own test result and fears it may also be positive.

She said: “This is the most hypocritical thing ever, for the place to get it to be the Track and Trace people.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... s-22381514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Basically the only precautions Sitel had taken were sending half the people to work from home. But they then brought more staff in anyway.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222 wrote: Shit-useless management at a US $bn Co.
Yes, but did we know they were involved?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Re my posts yesterday, good to see cJA appearing in the early hours.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Apart from the usual stereotyping of pensioners, which as a left-leaning pensioner I find very annoying, this is worth a read.

https://averypublicsociologist.blogspot ... sness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This collapse in class consciousness on the part of millions of working class people who've entered into retirement over this last decade was a long time in the works. It was assiduously deconstructed, deracinated and deposited in the receptacle of history.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

My parents carried on voting Labour so of course universal stereotypes are wrong as ever, but older people won it for both the Tories and Brexit.

(given that they are also the likeliest to both rely on and believe the papers/BBC for their news, it should be even less surprising)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:One of Serco's tracing call centres is in Motherwell, despite working for England, and guess what, there's a virus outbreak.

citizenJA wrote:Post subject: Re: Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th July 2020
July 11th, 2020

NHS Test and Trace
Privacy Information
About infectious diseases contact tracing
---
The number of contact tracers needed for COVID-19 is unprecedented so the Department of Health and Social Care has instructed the following organisations to help:
The NHS Business Services Authority, an arm’s-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care, which is managing the contracts with NHS Professionals, Serco UK and SITEL Group
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NHS Professionals, a limited company owned by the Department of Health and Social Care, which is recruiting and managing registered medical professionals to trace and provide public health advice to the contacts of people with COVID-19
https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Serco UK, a private company, which is providing additional staff to call the contacts of people with COVID-19 and provide advice on self-isolation
https://www.serco.com/uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SITEL Group, a private company, which is also providing additional staff to call the contacts of people with COVID-19 and provide advice on self-isolation
https://www.sitel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amazon Web Services, a private company, which is providing the secure storage location for the information collected by NHS Test and Trace
https://aws.amazon.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These organisations are only permitted to use information collected by NHS Test and Trace to help with the COVID-19 contact tracing. They are data processors acting on the instructions of the Department of Health and Social Care and cannot use the contract tracing information for any other purpose.

https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/help/privacy-notice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I took a look at this and balked. I don't guess Thatcher expected people to run away frightened from private sector, from businesses, during a pandemic but here we are. Did she really believe big private businesses would be trusted by people? Serious question.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:My parents carried on voting Labour so of course universal stereotypes are wrong as ever, but older people won it for both the Tories and Brexit.

(given that they are also the likeliest to both rely on and believe the papers/BBC for their news, it should be even less surprising)
A wet December election won it for Tories. That and their miserable campaigning. Crooked as hell. I've been looking at the numbers again. It's scary, what passes for democracy.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:
Does everyone know the track & trace thing is illegal?
No privacy assessments.
I saw that ten days ago.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@gilsey
check out those company websites
None of government's slapped together horseshit comes across as professional, secure, or organised. It's a half-dozen separate companies with separate websites, confusing and uncoordinated.
The use of the letters NHS is supposed to reassure in their half-assed track & trace thing. It doesn't.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I got an invite for a COVID-19 test in the mail.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor? Constance? Mr citizen?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Anyone else notice there's all kinds of work needing doing?
How can there be unemployment when there's all kinds of work needing to get done?
Up and down the country, in all countries, work needs doing.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:My parents carried on voting Labour so of course universal stereotypes are wrong as ever, but older people won it for both the Tories and Brexit.

A wet December election won it for Tories. That and their miserable campaigning. Crooked as hell. I've been looking at the numbers again. It's scary, what passes for democracy.
Which makes it all the stranger why the LibDems in particular effectively forced one on that particular date.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:Apart from the usual stereotyping of pensioners, which as a left-leaning pensioner I find very annoying, this is worth a read.

https://averypublicsociologist.blogspot ... sness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This collapse in class consciousness on the part of millions of working class people who've entered into retirement over this last decade was a long time in the works. It was assiduously deconstructed, deracinated and deposited in the receptacle of history.
Property ownership and/or counting on income from a couple properties? Is that more precise, more accurate? Or no. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

Which makes it all the stranger why the LibDems in particular effectively forced one on that particular date.
Their polling was good. Look at all the votes they got. It's really quite outrageous so many votes can end up somehow saddling so many with a Tory MP most people didn't vote for.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Anyone know of anyone chosen randomly for a COVID-19 test?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Synairgen shares soar 300% on COVID-19 treatment, but caveats abound
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/s ... ats-abound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is this economic horseshit the best we can do, people? I mean the economic system generally.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Don't misunderstand me about the LibDems. No one should've gotten inveigled into that GE.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Is there a royal wedding thing going on?
Everyone keep an eye out for what's really going on, please.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:
I had to go searching for it.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:
gilsey wrote:
I had to go searching for it.
Sub-header of the article-
Local cases confirmed by Sitel, the US firm that runs the affected site in Scotland
I still find it amazing that my (very) smalltown hardware and agricultural supplier has gels, masks, screens at the till, one-way systems, disinfected trolleys , and the US-privatised NHSC T&T callcentre has none of those . :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:Don't misunderstand me about the LibDems. No one should've gotten inveigled into that GE.
Chuka Umunna told Jo Swinson they could win 200 seats, though.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Don't misunderstand me about the LibDems. No one should've gotten inveigled into that GE.
Chuka Umunna told Jo Swinson they could win 200 seats, though.
I was being charitable.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

"Everyone should stay at home"
"But TfL revenues have fallen through the floor. Can we have a loan?"
"Sure. But we'll tell everyone it's your fault. And we'll stick 2 of our people on your Board. Oh, and tell you to stick the congestion charge up. But that's your fault too."

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... ing-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am pleased to also announce the appointment of the two government Special Representatives to attend the TfL Board; Andrew Gilligan and Clare Moriarty. They will also be able to attend TfL’s Finance and Programme Investment Committees. These positions required a specific skillset and have therefore been made through direct Ministerial Appointment.
From simply being a cheerleader for Johnson before he was Mayor, you have to admit that Gilligan has done well for himself.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wasn't there supposed to be an investigation as to who leaked Ofsted reports to Gilligan when the Trojan Horse issue was around?

I guess that might have slipped their mind...I wonder what damage that did to the reputation of the 20+ schools who had nothing to do with it?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-on-china" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

psycho-raab-confused-at-being-the-biggest-dove-in-the-commons-on-china
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

How to see Comet NEOWISE

You have to be up pretty late though, it needs to be properly dark.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

From tomorrow's DT...

Russia report: Kremlin 'tried to meddle in Scottish independence vote' - but did not target Brexit

In which case, why was Arron Banks so worried about it he was trying to stop publication?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
I love you dearly.
cJA