Wednesday 29th July 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 29th July 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 29th July 2020

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Quiet again, there must be something going on?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Quiet again, there must be something going on?
Everyone's busy, out dancing in the streets because "it'll all be over by Christmas" ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Talking of "over by Christmas", that new Brexit advert :sick:

I'm sure switching over/muting the channel when it comes on must be at near record highs.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

There's some great stuff on the bbc, for example one of homeless people being housed in a Holiday Inn yesterday, and social services, charities and police all working together to help them.

On Toady and Wato I'm always ready to switch off .

A very few days ago brandon lewis insisted the Russian kleptocrats paying millions to Tories were 'British', so that's alright then. As though most people may surely know by now that they bought their way into the City of Londongrad ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

frog222 wrote:There's some great stuff on the bbc
And some awful stuff, not least almost their entire politics coverage (at Westminster anyway, the regional output is actually often much better)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Great news from my old mate BeautifulBurnout --
It was announced today that Rachael Riley and Tracey Ann-Oberman have withdrawn legal actions against Barrister Jane Heybroek, and agreed to cover legal costs after the tv star’s libel case fell apart.

Jane Heybroek, Voice Britannia and everyone else covering this story is ALL asking that people DO NOT use this story, and this court defeat as a reason to troll or attack Rachael Riley, Tracey-Ann Oberman, Lawyer Mark Lewis or any of their online supporters.

Please, let’s RISE ABOVE HATE! It’s not worth it and only leads to more pointless exercises like this!
https://voicebritannia.co.uk/riley-and- ... backfires/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Was mispelling both the claimants first names there a deliberate insult, I wonder? Or just accidentally on purpose ;)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Interesting that in the Jewish Chronicle Most Read box, the May article about Riley and Oberman winning the first round is there...they haven't yet got round to issuing a story about today's setback for them though.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

When Johnson warned of a second wave of COVID-19 infections in Europe, he meant the UK.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:Good afternoon, everyone.
Evening Citoyenne, wotcha think about this one ??
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/2020-07-2 ... isemitism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Along the same lines , we have Peter Oborne on the EHRC --
https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/u ... ed-muslims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The LP Shenanigans are desperately grasping for a new low , where I’m afraid to note that SKS is more and more revealing himself as an Organisation Man of the Blair/Mandelson stripe.

I had hopes .

One of the many great fictions of UK life is to pretend that some Four-Lettered acronym of an ORG therefore has ‘meaning’ . An example is the IPCC, which since 2004 has never, EVER, decided that any ‘deaths in custody’ were due to police action … amazing !

On the international level the “IHRA’s” pronouncements have been treated and accepted as Holy Writ, despite the opinions of serious jurists, and the literal fact that they are no more "INTERNATIONAL" than an assortment of we people ! Careless thinkers came aboard , including several governments.

After today’s GoodNews from our BB, attention may now be turning to the “EHRC” .

“” Equality and Human Rights Commission “” sounds LUVLY ……………. until you look at who is running it .
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Been up visiting the parents and camping in the Scottish borders.

This was last night...

A place called Hermitage Castle which was first founded by William de Soulis who was alleged to be a dark Wizard who preyed on children for their blood. He was supposed to have had an evil magical assistant called 'Redcap sly' and he couldn't be harmed by steel weapons or bound by rope, so they eventually bound him with lead and boiled him alive in a brass cauldron at a stone circle nearby.

In actual fact he died in prison at Dumbarton Castle after plotting against Robert the Bruce.

It's supposed to be the most haunted castle in Scotland but all I saw were a pair of Barn Owls, lots of bats and a prodigious number of midges.

(If you ever go camping in Scotland buy a midge net to cover your head. Without one your experience will be one of endless torment and misery).
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:.

(If you ever go camping in Scotland buy a midge net to cover your head. Without one your experience will be one of endless torment and misery).
Yes, been there, done that, never again.

Good to hear you've been able to see your parents.

I'm meeting up with most of my family in Leeds on Friday, we picked a good day for it weather-wise.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@frog222
I've read nothing current about the topics of your last post.
The range of issues causing me concern is narrowing and my curiosity truncated.
I'm sorry.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:@frog222
I've read nothing current about the topics of your last post.
The range of issues causing me concern is narrowing and my curiosity truncated.
I'm sorry.
Nothing understood from that ! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

gilsey wrote:Yes, been there, done that, never again.
They really are relentless little bastards. You get somewhere, set your tent up and think 'hmmm...there appear to be no midges', but as soon as any breeze dies down they instantaneously appear in their multitudes. And bug spray is essentially useless because you can lather yourself in the stuff and they'll still go in your eyes, ears and up your nose. But the midge nets do actually work as long as you wear a hat under it with a brim to keep it away from your skin, as they will still bite through the net if it's touching you. Though it must be said my attempt to drink wine through the net wasn't entirely successful.
I'm meeting up with most of my family in Leeds on Friday, we picked a good day for it weather-wise.
I hope you have a good day, it's supposed to be boiling hot, a friend and I will be cooling down in the woods with beer if you need to get away from the folks for a while ;)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

It's been quite interesting crossing back and forth over the border when it comes to Covid19 over the last week, before setting off here in Leeds hardly anyone was wearing a mask in shops but when I got up to Berwick (still in England) and went to Tesco nearly everyone was, and that was before they became mandatory. When I asked my dad about it he said most people up there had been following the Scottish government's advice, even including the pubs which had stayed closed until they opened in Scotland. But there was still a noticeable difference. On the English side only a few pubs, restaurants, cafes etc were still closed, but over the border there were lots. Driving through rural Scotland this morning we couldn't get a coffee and a bacon sandwich anywhere until we crossed the border into a little town in England and all of a sudden the little cafes were open. Although of course Johnson said there was no border between England and Scotland so I'm not sure how that disparity has occurred.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Been up visiting the parents and camping in the Scottish borders.

This was last night...

A place called Hermitage Castle which was first founded by William de Soulis who was alleged to be a dark Wizard who preyed on children for their blood. He was supposed to have had an evil magical assistant called 'Redcap sly' and he couldn't be harmed by steel weapons or bound by rope, so they eventually bound him with lead and boiled him alive in a brass cauldron at a stone circle nearby.

In actual fact he died in prison at Dumbarton Castle after plotting against Robert the Bruce.

It's supposed to be the most haunted castle in Scotland but all I saw were a pair of Barn Owls, lots of bats and a prodigious number of midges.

Your hand is enormous.
I still believe in a town called Hope
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:It's been quite interesting crossing back and forth over the border when it comes to Covid19 over the last week, before setting off here in Leeds hardly anyone was wearing a mask in shops but when I got up to Berwick (still in England) and went to Tesco nearly everyone was, and that was before they became mandatory. When I asked my dad about it he said most people up there had been following the Scottish government's advice, even including the pubs which had stayed closed until they opened in Scotland. But there was still a noticeable difference. On the English side only a few pubs, restaurants, cafes etc were still closed, but over the border there were lots. Driving through rural Scotland this morning we couldn't get a coffee and a bacon sandwich anywhere until we crossed the border into a little town in England and all of a sudden the little cafes were open. Although of course Johnson said there was no border between England and Scotland so I'm not sure how that disparity has occurred.
Only the Little People eat bacon sandwiches ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:Your hand is enormous.
Or that bottle of Rioja is very far away.

Ok so here's a hiking/camping tip if you want to drink alcohol.

First of all don't drink cans of beer. They're heavy and you have to drink a lot of liquid, which is not good when you wake up at 3am dying for a piss and have to fuck about with the dodgy zip on your sleeping bag, get semi-dressed and put your boots back on then hope when you go outside you'll not get eaten by the monsters you've already heard rustling your tent for a laugh.

An entire bottle of wine, or any other large bottle of your choice is again a large heavy object, whereas a number of smaller bottles spread around various pockets with their weight distributed evenly across your rucksack is fine, and due to having to imbibe less liquid you're less likely to wake up as a result of bladder pressure.

It's apparently common practice to take a bottle to piss in, at least for men obviously, but that's not happening for me.

I don't want wee on my sleeping bag.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]57PENuNVapc[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]waEoKZIa0S4[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut