Thursday 16th October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Re: Thursday 16th October 2014

Post by Hobiejoe »

pk1 wrote:Bugger, I've started a new thread but maybe car discussions should stay on this one ?
Don't mind me, I was just unwinding after work, and am very much off home now because it's way too late o'clock!

Night all.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: Thursday 16th October 2014

Post by LadyCentauria »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote: The QT summary is brilliant.

That description of David Cameron should be engraved on his tombstone (and maybe one day it will be).

As for cars, if you want a toy I am afraid you have the insurance costs. I used to love driving cars with 240 bhp like a granny. I always believed in driving at the speed limit, I just don't see why I should wait to get there. I have ambitions after a few more years of driving tanks to get one with 280bhp - used of course.

Besides if you want a bundle of joy you can get a nice Mx-5 for not much. The only issue is the rear wings rust, so you need one that hasn't (or has been done). I am afraid though your 9-3 is gone forever - much like the original MR-2 I always wanted but never got.
I'm not having that. The one I'm after is the interim car. We've got a very sound (if dull and utilitarian) Mazda 323 as the main transport, and this next one is to tide us over until we can afford a family car and daddy's toy (at least I've admitted it). And I fancy a 9-3 Convertible, thank you very much, and if the numbers are favourable, I will prevail...

Your big problem is there probably won't be any 9-3 convertibles left in the country.

Nice car, but unlike legacy Rovers parts will be an issue. What GM did to SAAB was a crime.
No help here but, as an ex-biker who never-learnt-to-drive-no-four-wheeled-vehicle (apart from ones pulled by horses) you have prompted me to think of the few cars I've ever seen, or been in, that I have secretly wished to own. First lust was the Jensen Interceptor, superseded by the Jensen Interceptor III. Second, the BMW E9 -but sort-of-doubling with the Saab 900 Turbo. Later, any nice polite sporty BMW with a seat-belt handover – I always said thank you to them, after all, returning their impeccable good manners might just stop the handover from packing up. Recently, the Bentley Continental Supersports – a beautifully comfortable, smooth-riding car. Most recently, the Bugatti Veyron – any Bugatti Veyron, or even just to stroke one, with gloves on...

The full name of my mobility-scooter is Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse – stable name, Bramble :)
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...