Wednesday 22nd October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 22nd October 2014

Post by HindleA »

A fucking (I think the judicious usage is completely acceptable but apologies to others if they disagree)dangerous moron.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

HindleA wrote:A fucking (I think the judicious usage is completely acceptable but apologies to others if they disagree)dangerous moron.
A good and justifiable use of the English language to the full......
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Priceless, from the FT.

Mr Duncan Smith defended the decision to scrap targets, though he said he “hoped” to complete the rollout by the end of the next parliament.
Targets and arbitrary figures are one of the problems about government programme rollouts which actually don’t allow you to achieve what this is all about which is . . . improving the life chances of people on this programme.
They're not supposed to be arbitrary, you fucking (sorry) moron.

They're supposed to be based on what's best to get it done most efficiently.

And they don't stop anyone achieving anything.
Having just seen the fucking moron on Channel 4 +1 - you can add in any other expletive you think necessary. He says he is PROUD of what he has done .... PROUD.
Working on the wild side.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

howsillyofme1 wrote:They could do which is why it is not going to happen......would say that they could start by trying to get the British Government to reign in the overseas dependencies and their even more nefarious practices (and the City of London - the Money Laundering Capital of the World)
Yep, when it comes to tax avoiding scams the British overseas dependencies are shocking. Maybe we could convince Argentina to stop bullying the Falklands and invade our tax havens instead.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Mr Duncan Smith defended the decision to scrap targets, though he said he “hoped” to complete the rollout by the end of the next parliament.
Targets and arbitrary figures are one of the problems about government programme rollouts which actually don’t allow you to achieve what this is all about which is . . . improving the life chances of people on this programme.

Somebody ought to explain the difference between the word "target" and the word "aspiration" to that numpty; they could also explain the term "corporate manslaughter" to him at the same time and watch the blood drain from his face.

What ho peeps. I'll try to be a good boy tonight. ;)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Having just seen the fucking moron on Channel 4 +1 - you can add in any other expletive you think necessary. He says he is PROUD of what he has done .... PROUD.
And so he should be.

He is a minister of State, an incredible achievement for a man as thick as pig shit (but with less charm).
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Brian Wernham, who is very good, sees a certain softening up of expectations before Selec Comm and NAO report on Universal Credit.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“Targets and arbitrary figures
That literally made my blood run cold. So dumb he has no idea what he's just revealed.

Terrifying.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Glad we've seen the back of that old politics by media management of the New Labour era.

No targets to fail and get criticized for.

There must be internal "milestones" as I recall from my Project Management course. Are these going to be kept secret?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Don't know how credible these lawyers are, but still...

http://blogs.channel4.com/michael-crick ... ester/4541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Judges could overturn a Tory victory in Rochester, lawyers say
Oh man, that I almost want the Tories to win it now.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Grim - as a by the way. On your general message vis a vis cowering, mortals and hamsters, how do the hamsters respond? In general.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Wahayyy, I am now a Committee Member

Can someone tell me how I get on the Affordable Homes Bill Committee so I can help Rees-Mogg with his dilemma by shoving one of the clocks that arebothering him up his privileged and pampered arse?

Thank you to HindleA for the earlier link

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2014 ... -Rees-Mogg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:whip:

PS The emoticon is his nanny.....
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

tinyclanger2 wrote:Grim - as a by the way. On your general message vis a vis cowering, mortals and hamsters, how do the hamsters respond? In general.

Ever dealt with a pissed off hamster?

Think swearing, spitting biting ball of spite.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

tinyclanger2 wrote:Grim - as a by the way. On your general message vis a vis cowering, mortals and hamsters, how do the hamsters respond? In general.
They live fast and die young, a way of life that has much to commend it.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:

Ever dealt with a pissed off hamster?

Think swearing, spitting biting ball of spite.

Is Philip Davies a hamster then - perhaps we can put him in a cage (of course McNasty should go in as well so Phil doesn't get lonely....mind you there will be loads of offspring so I guess we should scrap that idea..
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects · 9m9 minutes ago
The ComRes poll of Rochester and Strood was funded by a UKIP donor.

Not seen it but think it shows a hefty lead for ukippery
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AngryAsWell wrote:Britain Elects ‏@britainelects · 9m9 minutes ago

It does, by 13%
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

UKIP 43%
TORY 30%
LAB 21%
LD 3%
GREEN 2%
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 11m 11 minutes ago

UKIP-donor funded ComRes poll on Rochester by-election has
UKIP 43: CON 30: LAB 21: LD 3: GRN 2
28% of those backing Mark Reckless in the UKIP-donor funded ComRes poll were non-voters at the 2010 general election.
Unlike ICM which discounts the views of non-GE10 voters by 50% ComRes counts them all.
For perspective, Reckless took 49.2% of the vote in 2010, Labour were on 28.5%, the Lib Dems 16.3%, the English Democrats 4.5% and the Greens 1.5%. The results of tonight's poll should be viewed with a certain amount of circumspection; the non voter weighting and the (presumed) push polling may well have distorted the figures, but they won't make great reading for Dave and Lynton. And, interestingly, Mike Smithson suggests that Naushabah Khan may be worth a flutter; he contends that she is a much more effective candidate than Reckless or either of the two Conservative prospects and, having seen her in action on the doorstep myself, I wouldn't disagree with him.

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index. ... ut-labour/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

HindleA wrote:

UKIP 43%
TORY 30%
LAB 21%
LD 3%
GREEN 2%
Snap! :D
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 10m10 minutes ago
I wonder whether the cost of the 1500 sample ComRes Rochester poll will have to be included in UKIPs election expenses return

Pass the big stirring spoon please.... :lol:
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Unfortunately the ''gobshite'' is reasonably safe, I'd laugh my head off if I was proved wrong though.

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_r_s.html#Shipley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour won in '97 and '01, the tory's squeaked it in 2005 by about 600 votes and then consolidated in 2010. That all suggests that it's a possible, especially if there's a bit of ukippery going on there.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

YouGov for the sun steady as she goes

Lab 33
Con 31
UKIP 17
LibDem 7
Greens 6
I still believe in a town called Hope
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AngryAsWell wrote:Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 10m10 minutes ago
I wonder whether the cost of the 1500 sample ComRes Rochester poll will have to be included in UKIPs election expenses return

Pass the big stirring spoon please.... :lol:
Spurtles!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

adam wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Unfortunately the ''gobshite'' is reasonably safe, I'd laugh my head off if I was proved wrong though.

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_r_s.html#Shipley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour won in '97 and '01, the tory's squeaked it in 2005 by about 600 votes and then consolidated in 2010. That all suggests that it's a possible, especially if there's a bit of ukippery going on there.
CON 24,002 48.56% 41.75%
LAB 14,058 28.44% 36.91%
LIB 9,890 20.01% 2.89%
OTH 1,477 2.99% 4.93%
UKIP 0 0.00% 13.51%

Depends where Ukippers take the vote from, and where Liberals defect to... tender hooks for 2015 ! :lol:
Night all :)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Would UKIP stand against Davies?

He could defect....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lord Andrew Phillips writes…Reflections from the campaign trail in Clacton
http://www.libdemvoice.org/lord-andrew- ... 43008.html
... In particular, it is clear that a lot of people do like to see parties co-operating rather than just beating the hell out of each other. Others recognise that we had stabilised government at a time of economic peril. So, too, many were ready to accept, firstly, that we have destroyed the power of the Tory right wing and, secondly, that we forced critical policies onto the government agenda. I sense that increasing the tax threshold may have been the most important and popular.

Although, for the first time in 45 years door-stepping, I had the door shut in my face at three consecutive houses. I sensed that it as an aspect of a generalised disillusion with not only politics, but with a distant metropolitanism which embraces big business, big media, big celebrities, etc. But I am sure that if I had been wearing a UKIP rosette it would have been different. That is because they appear to the public to understand their feelings better that we do (and Labour and the Tories were bad mouthed no less)...
Fantasticus LibDemicus. Only from LDV. :lol: (and there's more of it ...)
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

You've got me going on there again!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Labour and the Tories got rather more votes.
Still, it's the "badmouthing" that counts.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
“There would be little cost to bring that under control if Neets and low level criminals were required as part of their contribution to the society which finances them, or which they have abused … to uproot this weed.
So he's not even bothering to hide the fact that he equates the unemployed with 'low level criminals' - doesn't mind his slip showing at all - after all it's a Toryan slip. Many of them think that but are too careful to say it ... he just blasts it out.
Tch! (Most polite word I can think of!) There would be little cost to it if people were employed, trained, and paid properly, to get rid of the bloody stuff. It is officially a Noxious Weed. If it is on your land you have a legal duty to see to its eradication and to prevent it from spreading to anyone else's land, and can be (but rarely are!) prosecuted for failure to do so. It has to be done carefully and thoroughly and the clearing has to be repeated, before it can set and disperse seed, more than once a year for years and years and years.

But that aside, unemployed people should never be criminalised for their plight nor expected to work for less than the relevant minimum wage. Doesn't surprise me that Tebbit (IDS' mentor) regards them in that light, though. I'd like to see him trying to live on seventy-something pounds a week and managing to pay his bills, eat, clothe himself and support going out and doing a full-time back-breaking job out of it, too! :Tosser:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Over a third of people with degenerative conditions have been placed in the ESA(WRAG) group subject to sanctions,possible summary removal of income due to timelimit,unlimited workfare
70% of people with degenerative conditions have been reassessed at least twice over the last five years

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11910.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tory councillor sorry for saying travellers should be executed
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-22/tory ... ravellers/
Conservative councillor Alan Mellins has apologised after he suggested "execute them" as a solution to evicting travellers in the Maidenhead area more quickly.
Mellins, the councillor for Cox Green, made the remark during a local planning meeting, the Maidenhead Advertiser reported.
When the panel was asked for suggestions on how the eviction process could be sped up, Mellins said, "Execute them"...
What is this - Nasty Tory Wednesday?
Looks like it :(

Solution to evicting is not to need to in the first place by providing the bloody sites that councils have a duty to provide but don't! There are far too few permanent sites and hardly any transit sites. There's one 11-pitch permanent site in this borough and none in the next three boroughs along. £129 pw rent (plus rates and metered electricity) for each 23' pitch with electrical hook-up, wash-block and day-room. A waiting list a mile long and no transit sites at all.

But as for what he said. If he'd said that about any other group of people he'd be hauled across the coals, probably suspended at least. He says he didn't expect it to be taken seriously and that he didn't mean it. But he said it and it should be taken seriously. If not, it is no wonder that the impression is given that anti-gypsy/Romany/traveller sentiment is the last acceptable form of prejudice – but, on the receiving end, it's just as bad as any other. Back to the old give a dog a bad name and hang him! I might be sensitive about this :fire:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...