Wednesday 22nd October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 22nd October 2014

Post by HindleA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Paul Mason points out that Universal Credit was supposed to save £38bn by 2022.

I might be wrong but so far all we've heard is about the actual costs of work done. Wasn't Labour's NHS IT scheme talked of in terms of both costs and money it didn't save?
Govt claims a saving of 9 billion from getting more people into work and an overall saving of 35 Billion(it came down 3 billion)

As regards your question about current claimants on Twitter
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... o-sep-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There will be an avalanche of evidence concerning these cases,because it can be argued that what they claim.for UC is true,of course once it gets more complicated that certainly is not the case for many.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AndrewSparrow @AndrewSparrow · 42m 42 minutes ago
Red Cross refuses offer of profits from sale of Ukip Calypso song. Ukip says it is 'staggered' by decision - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... 6bd4f7ed4c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Well as Mike Read has apparently withdrawn the single from sale ... and apologised for any offence caused .... it's not going to be raking in profit anyway.

But how daft does this make Farage and that other bloke Winston McKenzie look for defending this crap?
Working on the wild side.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Isn't utter daftness Winston McKenzie's normal state of being?? :lol:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

According to Smithson there's an 80% chance of Kippers taking Rochester, goes against the grain, but part of me wants them to win, to put pressure on The Empty, in the hope his party further implodes, I can't believe a party can get elected when it is losing it's head?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Isn't utter daftness Winston McKenzie's normal state of being?? :lol:
This was my first exposure to him. I hope it was enough to confer full immunity from the UKIP Surge as I don't want to repeat the experience.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

As Richard Osman would say:

"Hiya"

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/s ... eyRrppCdLg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; particularly special pic of his Farageship and the happy news that even Tories on balance want to stay in (Europe).
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Isn't utter daftness Winston McKenzie's normal state of being?? :lol:
This was my first exposure to him. I hope it was enough to confer full immunity from the UKIP Surge as I don't want to repeat the experience.
Look up his Wikipedia entry :)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: How the hell can she not stand down now? Committee not satisfied with her answers - more details emerged since she went before them. Survivors definitely not satisfied - nor anyone else not in thrall to the Establishment. A legal challenge underway. And long delays already experienced - and more to come doubtless - because of her other commitments and all this stuff going on now....

Get someone else in NOW. Someone with no connections to the Establishment. Someone with experience of abuse cases.

If nothing else - being assured by Cameron that she has his full confidence should be enough to immediately disqualify her from the position.
I said before, funny how Cameron wanted a no nonsense American to sort out the blacks in London, but doesn't want one to look into allegations against the establishment.

The Welsh Government has to threaten its own inquiry into North Wales.
The Establishment would be able to run rings around a no nonsense American IMO. It would be a Sir Humphrey field day. They need someone who knows about the Establishment and how it operates .... but very definitely isn't part of it.
I think they could cut through it. America has more of an established FOIA culture than we do.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Paul Mason points out that Universal Credit was supposed to save £38bn by 2022.

I might be wrong but so far all we've heard is about the actual costs of work done. Wasn't Labour's NHS IT scheme talked of in terms of both costs and money it didn't save?
Govt claims a saving of 9 billion from getting more people into work and an overall saving of 35 Billion(it came down 3 billion)

As regards your question about current claimants on Twitter
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... o-sep-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There will be an avalanche of evidence concerning these cases,because it can be argued that what they claim.for UC is true,of course once it gets more complicated that certainly is not the case for many.
Thanks very much for this.

Worth telling Paul Mason it came down by £3bn?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@ TubbyIsaacs,he knows given he has mentioned the 35 billion figure in his blog ,I did tweet to him about it.I think it depends where you look.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Boxing promoter daftness, yes.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tory MP accuses Jon Snow of being a lefty who should think of retiring
Philip Davies asked to leave Channel 4 News offices by Krishnan Guru-Murthy after row with veteran presenter

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/o ... uru-murthy
Jeez, there must be something in the waterworks at CCHQ - the nastiness is just bursting out of them at every opportunity. It can't be contained anymore .... If this is the effect of the dreaded UKIP Surge (ghastly new affliction) then it may have an upside - they are showing themselves up more and more, and it's really not attractive.

But the sneaky guillotine knitter in me wishes this report had more detail - what did Snow say, if anything, to set Davies off? Who shouted first? Who got the last word in? .....
I read they had a lengthy argument, but then Davies got personal so was asked to leave.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:@ TubbyIsaacs,he knows given he has mentioned the 35 billion figure in his blog ,I did tweet to him about it.I think it depends where you look.
I looked at your link.

I get the distinct impression they are all single and don't have children...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Philip Davies asked to leave Channel 4 News offices by Krishnan Guru-Murthy after row with veteran presenter

Jeez, there must be something in the waterworks at CCHQ - the nastiness is just bursting out of them at every opportunity. It can't be contained anymore .... If this is the effect of the dreaded UKIP Surge (ghastly new affliction) then it may have an upside - they are showing themselves up more and more, and it's really not attractive.

But the sneaky guillotine knitter in me wishes this report had more detail - what did Snow say, if anything, to set Davies off? Who shouted first? Who got the last word in? .....
I read they had a lengthy argument, but then Davies got personal so was asked to leave.
It sounds as if they weren't actually working but Davies was being shown around - he's a nasty little gobshite - good to see C4 putting their foot down.

He may be an MP but there's no excuse for rudeness - he'd probably say they were being politically correct by not allowing him to say what he thought.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Noticed a pattern with Hodges, Miliband has a few reasonable hours/days/weeks and it's him who he attacks.

Farage and his bunch of assorted cretins start biting Cameron's ankles and he turns his attention to them.

Labour tribalist my arse.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Round of applause from me for Krishnan Guru-Murthy!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

No idea what this is about. But it's very scary.
ScaryHuhne.jpg
ScaryHuhne.jpg (55.72 KiB) Viewed 23579 times
Krishnan Guru-Murthy retweeted
Grayson Perry @Alan_Measles · 4h 4 hours ago
Me and Chris Huhne get smashed tonight 10pm channel4
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Noticed a pattern with Hodges, Miliband has a few reasonable hours/days/weeks and it's him who he attacks.

Farage and his bunch of assorted cretins start biting Cameron's ankles and he turns his attention to them.

Labour tribalist my arse.
Yep, nothing must stand in the way of a Cameron victory next year so he can be proved "right" (as well as Right, which he very obviously now is)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
HindleA wrote:@ TubbyIsaacs,he knows given he has mentioned the 35 billion figure in his blog ,I did tweet to him about it.I think it depends where you look.
I looked at your link.

I get the distinct impression they are all single and don't have children...

Yes.They even had to change how they counted claimants to bump up the figure to 14,000.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Unfortunately the ''gobshite'' is reasonably safe, I'd laugh my head off if I was proved wrong though.

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_r_s.html#Shipley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Channel 4 News ‏@Channel4News 21m21 minutes ago
IDS: UK probably spends more on disabled and sick "than almost any other developed country"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Channel 4 News ‏@Channel4News 21m21 minutes ago
IDS: UK probably spends more on disabled and sick "than almost any other developed country"
And is that meant to be bad - or good? What is it a pre emptive justification for? As a stand alone statement it's almost meaningless .... in his mouth it's terrifying.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:According to Smithson there's an 80% chance of Kippers taking Rochester, goes against the grain, but part of me wants them to win, to put pressure on The Empty, in the hope his party further implodes, I can't believe a party can get elected when it is losing it's head?
To be honest, with the implosion of the Tories, it may be better for them to get well beaten in R&S - is there much difference between a UKIP and a Tory now? I don't think so anymore

Cameron's performance today was despicable and I want to see his face when UKIP win! I would love Labour come throught to take it but I don't realistically see that happening

It also seems that UKIP are actually helping to harden the pro-Europeans with, apparently, the most pro-European poll since pre-Maastricht (but I haven't seen the details though to be honest)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Parliament’s New Chainsaw – The Infrastructure Bill
http://saveourwoods.co.uk/articles/infr ... ture-bill/
DID you know legislation is currently being pushed through Parliament that will allow any public land to be transferred by a Government agency, all rights of way extinguished, to private developers?

Did you know the same law – the Infrastructure Bill – will allow any substance whatsoever to be dumped under any land, and that it will become a legal objective to frack anywhere where there is the potential of shale gas, or turn any coal seam into gas?

Did you also know that the same law gives the potential go-ahead to exterminate barn owls, red kites, goshawks, wild boar, and a great many other species not deemed as ‘native’?

You’d be forgiven for not knowing because incredibly – despite its massive implications for nature, the environment and also our rural and urban spaces – the Infrastructure Bill has almost entirely not made the news.

There are no celebrities crying ‘foul’ or any politicians who are supposed to be opposed to the Government. It’s almost as if all parties want this law to be passed under the radar, because whoever gets in after May 2015 will have carte blanche to hand over our countryside, urban public spaces, and the ground we walk and live on, to multinational companies...
Well - we knew they hadn't given up on getting their mitts on our forests ... it seems they've found a way of grabbing just about any and everything they want from our land and environment.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

More on the filibustering antics of the Tories during the committee looking at Andrew George's Affordable Homes Bill.

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2014 ... -Rees-Mogg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Parliament’s New Chainsaw – The Infrastructure Bill
http://saveourwoods.co.uk/articles/infr ... ture-bill/
DID you know legislation is currently being pushed through Parliament that will allow any public land to be transferred by a Government agency, all rights of way extinguished, to private developers?

Did you know the same law – the Infrastructure Bill – will allow any substance whatsoever to be dumped under any land, and that it will become a legal objective to frack anywhere where there is the potential of shale gas, or turn any coal seam into gas?

Did you also know that the same law gives the potential go-ahead to exterminate barn owls, red kites, goshawks, wild boar, and a great many other species not deemed as ‘native’?

You’d be forgiven for not knowing because incredibly – despite its massive implications for nature, the environment and also our rural and urban spaces – the Infrastructure Bill has almost entirely not made the news.

There are no celebrities crying ‘foul’ or any politicians who are supposed to be opposed to the Government. It’s almost as if all parties want this law to be passed under the radar, because whoever gets in after May 2015 will have carte blanche to hand over our countryside, urban public spaces, and the ground we walk and live on, to multinational companies...
Well - we knew they hadn't given up on getting their mitts on our forests ... it seems they've found a way of grabbing just about any and everything they want from our land and environment.
I said the other day that I wasn't convinced by the "we're not selling off the forests now" myth. Can't remember what it was in connection with now.

I find this chilling - but thanks for drawing it to my notice.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Badgers demand human cull to prevent spread of Ebola
http://eveningharold.com/2014/10/21/bad ... -of-ebola/
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

my kind of badgers (not that there are any other kind)

edited to add other and avoid being incomprehensible
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Wed 22 Oct, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
And is that meant to be bad - or good? What is it a pre emptive justification for? As a stand alone statement it's almost meaningless .... in his mouth it's terrifying.
It's certainly meaningless. He's the bloody Minister in charge of the DWP and he uses the word "probably"? That's practically screaming "this is not a fact".
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 2h 2 hours ago
Rumours of new Rochester poll coming out. Judging by the betting it's good for the purples.

Rochester betting move very sharply to UKIP. Now an 80% chance on Betfair up from 70%. Somebody knows something.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Just read Davies's Wikipedia entry. Sounds as if he and Esther McVey are well matched.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Another coalition defeat .The Lords voted for an amendment stopping under 15's being placed into secure colleges.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Jeez, there must be something in the waterworks at CCHQ - the nastiness is just bursting out of them at every opportunity. It can't be contained anymore .... If this is the effect of the dreaded UKIP Surge (ghastly new affliction) then it may have an upside - they are showing themselves up more and more, and it's really not attractive.

Just read Davies's Wikipedia entry. Sounds as if he and Esther McVey are well matched.
Uugh, what a thought. Imagine how shrill that household would be.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rumours of new Rochester poll coming out. Judging by the betting it's good for the purples.

Rochester betting move very sharply to UKIP. Now an 80% chance on Betfair up from 70%. Somebody knows something.
Frankly if I lived in Rochester I would give serious consideration to voting for the racist scum.

Cameron may not survive this, and BoJo isn't an MP.
Release the Guardvarks.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory councillor sorry for saying travellers should be executed
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-22/tory ... ravellers/
Conservative councillor Alan Mellins has apologised after he suggested "execute them" as a solution to evicting travellers in the Maidenhead area more quickly.
Mellins, the councillor for Cox Green, made the remark during a local planning meeting, the Maidenhead Advertiser reported.
When the panel was asked for suggestions on how the eviction process could be sped up, Mellins said, "Execute them"...
What is this - Nasty Tory Wednesday?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

'night pf.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Spacedone wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
It's certainly meaningless. He's the bloody Minister in charge of the DWP and he uses the word "probably"? That's practically screaming "this is not a fact".

Some facts

http://lartsocial.org/disexpintrnl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 22 Oct, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
PorFavor wrote: Round of applause from me for Krishnan Guru-Murthy!

Would save the MoD a bomb though!

Oope - probably now being monitored by the thought police!

Just a bit of Swiss info as well - next referendum aims to reduce the number of immigrants to 0.2% of the Swiss population (from the current 20% or so) based on sustainability reasons. Don't see this one passing though......
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

howsillyofme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Just read Davies's Wikipedia entry. Sounds as if he and Esther McVey are well matched.

Just a bit of Swiss info as well - next referendum aims to reduce the number of immigrants to 0.2% of the Swiss population (from the current 20% or so) based on sustainability reasons. Don't see this one passing though......
How are they going to do that then?

And what is their definition of an immigrant? Are they including EU citizens?
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Just read Davies's Wikipedia entry. Sounds as if he and Esther McVey are well matched.

Wouldn't there be a bit of a circular reference effect if that got passed - the population would dwindle as immigrants surplus to the 0.2% had to leave ... so then they would have to ask more immigrants to leave .... and so on and so on? Maybe that's the plan - get rid of all the immigrants by many many steps.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Night PF :)
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Uugh, what a thought. Imagine how shrill that household would be.

The joy of the referendum system....there doesn't have to be any detail on 'How' - that is left to the Federal Government. It does include EU and this is emphasised in saying any treaties that prevent it should be declared null and void. As I said there is very little chance of it passing but it shows how this sort of nonsense is gaining traction

The big news of course was the referendum on limiting Free Movement of People from 2016 - the SVP/UDC proposed it but gave no details and since then have been laying it at the feet of the Federal Government who, of course, are trying to limit the damage. The EU has reacted quickly though and are not happy....we will see what pans out. This referendum passed with support from the rural Germanic cantons who have hardly any immigrants. There was also support from Ticino as there is a big problem there with Italian immigration. The main cantons with high immigration though all voted against - despite the immigrants themselves not being allowed to vote

There is a split between the Germanic Cantons (except Zurich, Basel) and the French ones - this is becoming more obvious over time as the Frenh cantons are seen to be more progressive. This even includes Valais (the home of Mr Blatter) which, for those who know the area, is a special case......
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The FT on IDS UC and the relaxing of the roll out.He wants to ban EU migrants from being able to get it .I was going to say he's lost the plot,but he's never really had it to start with.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d4e1dfa4-5a02 ... z3GtxY2156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:The FT on IDS UC and the relaxing of the roll out.He wants to ban EU migrants from being able to get it .I was going to say he's lost the plot,but he's never really had it to start with.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d4e1dfa4-5a02 ... z3GtxY2156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How on earth can you have no targets to measure progress on something lasting 6 more years?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

howsillyofme1 wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

The joy of the referendum system....there doesn't have to be any detail on 'How' - that is left to the Federal Government. It does include EU and this is emphasised in saying any treaties that prevent it should be declared null and void. As I said there is very little chance of it passing but it shows how this sort of nonsense is gaining traction

The big news of course was the referendum on limiting Free Movement of People from 2016 - the SVP/UDC proposed it but gave no details and since then have been laying it at the feet of the Federal Government who, of course, are trying to limit the damage. The EU has reacted quickly though and are not happy....we will see what pans out. This referendum passed with support from the rural Germanic cantons who have hardly any immigrants. There was also support from Ticino as there is a big problem there with Italian immigration. The main cantons with high immigration though all voted against - despite the immigrants themselves not being allowed to vote

There is a split between the Germanic Cantons (except Zurich, Basel) and the French ones - this is becoming more obvious over time as the Frenh cantons are seen to be more progressive. This even includes Valais (the home of Mr Blatter) which, for those who know the area, is a special case......
I guess the EU can shut down all trade and introduce massive tariffs for financial services. Here is hoping.
Release the Guardvarks.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

They could do which is why it is not going to happen......would say that they could start by trying to get the British Government to reign in the overseas dependencies and their even more nefarious practices (and the City of London - the Money Laundering Capital of the World)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Swiss banking is already being squeezed by the EU.

That old "leave us alone or we're off to Zurich" line won't wash any more.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Priceless, from the FT.

Mr Duncan Smith defended the decision to scrap targets, though he said he “hoped” to complete the rollout by the end of the next parliament.
Targets and arbitrary figures are one of the problems about government programme rollouts which actually don’t allow you to achieve what this is all about which is . . . improving the life chances of people on this programme.
They're not supposed to be arbitrary, you fucking (sorry) moron.

They're supposed to be based on what's best to get it done most efficiently.

And they don't stop anyone achieving anything.