Monday 9th November 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 9th November 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 9th November 2020

Post by citizenJA »

Good morning, everyone.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

I have to say this letter starts badly talking of a Common Sense group of Tory MPs...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woke, snowflake, cultural Marxist - they're all here.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Two ways to greet the news about a potentially successful vaccine.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
STOCK MARKET UP BIG, VACCINE COMING SOON. REPORT 90% EFFECTIVE. SUCH GREAT NEWS!
12:31 PM · Nov 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
and
Mike Memoli
@mikememoli
NEW:
@JoeBiden
says he was informed of Pfizer vaccine development last night. "I congratulate the brilliant women and men who helped produce this breakthrough and to give us such cause for hope."
1:13 PM · Nov 9, 2020·TweetDeck
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes this is good news, "full" normality might still be a bit of a way off though and people need to understand that.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

They are the gift that keeps on giving... from the US live blog on the graun
A man featured at Rudy Giuliani’s Philadelphia press conference this weekend, focused on pushing baseless allegations of voter fraud, is a convicted sex offender who has repeatedly run for office in New Jersey. Trenton political insiders watched with bemusement as Brooks took the podium. Brooks was incarcerated in the 1990s on charges of sexual assault, lewdness and endangering the welfare of a minor for exposing himself to two girls ages 7 and 11, according to news accounts.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I mean, how long are they going to keep up this nonsense?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Based on what I've read on twitter, until the Rapture.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Weirdly quiet on the Brexit front. It really is now or never for some kind of deal. Surely someone in the media is talking about it.

If anyone has any links they'd like to post, it would be much appreciated. I haven't much spare time atm for trawling the internet.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Ah well, bang goes the idea that Lozza Fox's party might be calm and reasonable about everything...
Laurence Fox
@LozzaFox
Delingpole: Only Donald Trump Can Save Us from the Great Reset https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/01/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;delingpole-only-donald-trump-can-save-us-from-the-great-reset/ via
@BreitbartNews
:roll:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Incidentally I note one of his Lozza's chums - former teacher Calvin Robinson and scourge of BLM and Critical Race Theory is heading in a new direction.
It is not in my interest to write this article. I’m in my first half-term at seminary, training for holy orders. It could be counter-productive for me to stick my head above the parapet on this issue. But it’s impossible to sit by and watch our faith be tarnished in this way. Is it really too much to ask for, to expect our clergymen to stand up for our faith?

Calvin Robinson is a campaign champion of Defund The BBC. Follow him on Twitter: @calvinrobinson.
:?

He was a political campaigner last time I looked...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Willow904 wrote:Weirdly quiet on the Brexit front. It really is now or never for some kind of deal. Surely someone in the media is talking about it.

If anyone has any links they'd like to post, it would be much appreciated. I haven't much spare time atm for trawling the internet.
On an optimistic reading, its quiet because the government have realised the game is up and are desperately trying to finesse the coming climbdown?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/09/poli ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trump fires Secretary of Defense Mark Esper
:?:
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Genuine final days in the bunker stuff.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Landscaping:

I liked both "rake america great again" and "LAWN AND ORDER" equally.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Off topic (though with a tenuous link to landscaping).

For entertainment purposes I have been sorting out (in my brain) the anatomical distinction between taro, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and ginger. I can report that yams are taking the piss.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I noticed that John Redwood sent a bit of a snotty letter to the President Elect.

If Biden was a football fan, I know exactly the response he should have given it.

It starts with "Who the" and ends "are you"....you don't need me to fill in the gaps.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Why not?

[youtube]JJainEF4Zi4[/youtube]
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

or what about
[youtube]6ElC4UwYVuA[/youtube]
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am not liking how it's looking in America. From the G:
David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, the two Republican senators from Georgia, released a scathing statement criticizing the Georgia secretary of state, who is also Republican.

“The Secretary of State has failed to deliver honest and transparent elections. He has failed the people of Georgia, and he should step down immediately,” Perdue and Loeffler said in a joint statement.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]NrO3QrIRybM[/youtube]
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I especially liked the bit about turnips.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I thought you might.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am on a roll - kind of:
[youtube]qtLr2PXP7j8[/youtube]
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Announcing: carrots

[youtube]EWTd0BMdtvg[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm hearing that Donald Trump's son (Eric?) is claiming that the Covid vaccination announcement was held back untill after the election because etc etc . . .

At least Donald Trump isn't (yet) claiming that he personally developed the vaccine. Remember when he was saying how doctors were so impressed with his extensive medical knowledge?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

After the relieft of Trump not winning am gearing up for a bout of anxiety about what happens next. It's all getting a bit Crucible.

And i don't mean snooker.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Is it ergots again?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Major powers, including allies, criticized the United States for its human rights record today during a United Nations review, citing the use of the death penalty, police violence against African Americans and the separation of migrant children from their families at the US-Mexico border.

Activists also said that the UN Human Rights Council’s examination of the US, the first since May 2015, amounted to an indictment of the Trump administration’s policies and called for president-elect Joe Biden to usher in reforms, Reuters reports from Geneva, Switzerland.
(G live blog)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:I'm hearing that Donald Trump's son (Eric?) is claiming that the Covid vaccination announcement was held back untill after the election because etc etc . . .
I'm actually thinking that this might be the case - I could imagine the company's PR people thinking they don't want to be accused of influencing the election so left it until after it was all over*

* And yes I know it's isn't finished...
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote:Weirdly quiet on the Brexit front. It really is now or never for some kind of deal. Surely someone in the media is talking about it.

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 22.51.43.png
Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 22.51.43.png (194.89 KiB) Viewed 8973 times
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

David Henig
@DavidHenigUK
Replying to
@DavidHenigUK
Simultaneously government needs to tell backbenchers and the EU they are tough, while also preparing for a climbdown, tell the US and EU we care about Northern Ireland while telling unionists no sea border, tell the US we can do a deal and UK farmers it won't include food...

If UK government messaging gets a bit confused in the next few days it is because without a clear political steer from the top there is no way to prevent this. See also: Covid measures, trying to balance health and economy.

Growing Parliamentary frustration with Johnson + team.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I think that it's either kind of tin foil hat time in the states or it's just a matter of patience and time- I think there is no route back for Trump from other this unless THEY decide that now is TIME for THE COUP, which doesn't strike me as completely impossible but is very unlikely.

The situation is nothing at all like 2000 - although Bush shamelessly stole the election in 2000 it was all about the result in one state, and the official count figure ended up giving him a lead of 0.009%points -537 votes out of nearly 6million - there was a genuine issue to be dealt with (even if the dealing with it was, in the later private words of Scalia, 'bullshit').

This time, if the counts end as seems likely with Trump winning Alaska and North Carolina and Biden winning Georgia (and already-called Arizona), then Trump would need to overturn the results in three states, which each have their own laws and election rulebooks - it wouldn't be one federal case. The smallest Biden majority would probably be in Georgia where it's currently 0.2%points, or around 12,000 votes. Nevada is 2.7%points, around 35,000 votes. Pennslyvania (which is worth 20 electoral college votes and would have to be one of the three) is 0.7%points, around 45,000 votes. He's just flailing around hoping something comes along. Unless it's time for the coup.

I would hold to what I said last night, that I can't see him standing respectfully at Biden's inaugaration and I suspect he'll walk once the electoral college confirm the Biden presidency. The 'official' count of the college vote is January 6th but the states will have certified on December 14th and sent all of the votes by December 23rd. The deadline for states to resolve issues about results is December 8th. (Edit to add - interestingly some of Team Trump were talking today about 'a 30 day war').
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA