Thursday 23rd October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 23rd October 2014

Post by HindleA »

Harry Leslie Smith

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

HindleA wrote:Harry Leslie Smith

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grrr Hindle, first time I've looked at the Guardian in weeks. :fire:

Wonderfully coruscating article from Mr Smith, as ever; he does write awfully well. I'm part way through "Harry's Last Stand", that book should be required reading for all the unthinking trolls BTL at the Telegraph, Mail and Guardian - and a copy of it (attached to a brick) should be thrown at the thinking trolls, the ones who know full well the consequences of destroying the welfare state).
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

adam wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Mason retweeted
philip mcginley @philipmcginley · Oct 21
Get your Northern Soul name using your Gran's name + town you were born + (& the) + first car plural.
MOLLY HAYDOCK & the BRAVAS
That sounds fun. I'm going first.

MINNIE WILLESDEN & the RAVS
With apologies for being a miserable git, you should never do these - you are being asked to publically post information that can be used by other people to answer security questions to reset your email or give you access to accounts. Don't do them.
Quite. Did you know that there's a security filter on this site, that if you type in your mother's maiden name and your pin number, it will replace it with NIGEL FARAGE IS A GIT?

THIS IS A JOKE - DO NOT DO IT!
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

adam wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Mason retweeted
Get your Northern Soul name using your Gran's name + town you were born + (& the) + first car plural.

With apologies for being a miserable git, you should never do these - you are being asked to publically post information that can be used by other people to answer security questions to reset your email or give you access to accounts. Don't do them.
Unless you make up the answers of course. Hermione Grimsby and the Bugattis.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RobertSnozers wrote:
adam wrote:
Damn! Good point. Pretty sure at least one of mine is potentially compromising. I've deleted my original post, but it's been quoted several times...
Robert, I've deleted your bits from the quoted posts and also your original post.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

The names i gave won't provide any useful information
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

ohsocynical wrote:The names i gave won't provide any useful information
Same here. With those security questions it's always best not to be too honest anyway. One site I used to use had 'which month were you born in' as a optional question. In less than 12 tries anyone could hack the account.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

diGriz wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:The names i gave won't provide any useful information
Same here. With those security questions it's always best not to be too honest anyway. One site I used to use had 'which month were you born in' as a optional question. In less than 12 tries anyone could hack the account.
Oh good. It's not just me then - I'm generally dishonest with security questions. I always thought I was a tad over secretive and paranoid ... perhaps I'm not so barmy.
Working on the wild side.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Oh Gawd - it looks as though Beta is going to be applied across the entire Guardian offer eventually. I might be forced to actually subscribe to another paper - if I could find one worth paying for....
AndrewSparrow @AndrewSparrow · 5h 5 hours ago
@Phyllida1234 I'm afraid we're stuck with it, but they know about the problems + reaction, and are working to make it better

@Phyllida1234 It is being rolled out gradually, starting with live blogs
Did anyone ever seriously think that this wouldn't happen? The readers' experience is the last and least serious thing the Guardian takes into account. This ridiculous Membership deal - sign up now for benefits the year after next that you'll have to live in London to exercise - is a pathetic attempt to disguise this.

Edited to put the other 't' in 'pathetic'. Re-edited to take the 'o' out of 'Guardian'. Sigh.
Last edited by mbc1955 on Thu 23 Oct, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The truth ferret speaks!
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

MP, Tory of course, misses Parliament to represent a billionaire in a court case, being an MP must be is little bit on the side?

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/10/s ... ourt-case/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

For fellow guillotine knitters .... this tells us what the row between Jon Snow and Philip Davies was about.
Jon Snow accused of behaving like a 'playground bully' by Tory MP in 'argy bargy' office row
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 13955.html
I'm with Jon Snow on this one (well I would be, wouldn't I). If someone can't give you the evidence for a smear .... they are clearly pure nasty Tory and should be gone after.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Amol Rajan: Stop turning our prisons into colleges of crime
The current, hysterical approach is costly, counter-productive and cruel

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comme ... 13208.html
Good piece.
... We need a revolution in penal policy. Ken Clarke, who’s so smart the Tory party has spent 20 years demoting him, was sacked as Justice Secretary for suggesting one. The signature move of his replacement, Chris Grayling, has been to ban some prisoners from receiving books. Given that half our prison population has a reading age of 11, Grayling’s policy is perhaps the most stupid and depraved in modern British history. Labour’s Sadiq Khan, a savvy former lawyer who has thought deeply about penal policy, will reverse this ban...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The North Sea Has A New Oil Field, Scottish Independence Campaigners Are Not Happy
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10 ... _hp_ref=uk
Oh dear. That's unfortunate timing.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

mbc1955 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Oh Gawd - it looks as though Beta is going to be applied across the entire Guardian offer eventually. I might be forced to actually subscribe to another paper - if I could find one worth paying for....
@Phyllida1234 I'm afraid we're stuck with it, but they know about the problems + reaction, and are working to make it better

@Phyllida1234 It is being rolled out gradually, starting with live blogs
Did anyone ever seriously think that this wouldn't happen? The readers' experience is the last and least serious thing the Guardioan takes into account. This ridiculous Membership deal - sign up now for benefits the year after next that you'll have to live in London to exercise - is a pathetic attempt to disguise this.

Edited to put the other 't' in 'pathetic'.
The Guardian's future survival does not depend on UK readers, they are increasingly reliant on the new overseas markets in North America and Oceania; and there they are looking at an affluent, tech savvy & news hungry audience who will (mainly) be using smart phones and tablets - they are the ones who this new layout is being developed for, not us poor relations in the UK who have been supporting the paper for decades. My personal opinion is that also explains the Guardian's drift to the right, to make it more in tune with American sensibilities.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Halloween Haunted House Visit Sees Family 'Violently Poked' By Clown Wielding Purple Vibrator
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10 ... _hp_ref=uk
For PF (mainly).

Remember that clown that's reportedly been lurking in Portsmouth and disturbing people? Well - it could be a lot worse ....

I'd try to steer clear of him / her if you meet them though. Best to be safe.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:
Did anyone ever seriously think that this wouldn't happen? The readers' experience is the last and least serious thing the Guardioan takes into account. This ridiculous Membership deal - sign up now for benefits the year after next that you'll have to live in London to exercise - is a pathetic attempt to disguise this.

The Guardian's future survival does not depend on UK readers, they are increasingly reliant on the new overseas markets in North America and Oceania; and there they are looking at an affluent, tech savvy & news hungry audience who will (mainly) be using smart phones and tablets - they are the ones who this new layout is being developed for, not us poor relations in the UK who have been supporting the paper for decades. My personal opinion is that also explains the Guardian's drift to the right, to make it more in tune with American sensibilities.
I think I read the other day, that The Guardian has overtaken the NYT in global traffic [Is that the right expression?]
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:

And the drop in standards...You only need to read the style of BTL comments in US papers like the Daily Beast to realise that we've been infiltrated.
I suspect many of the posters aren't home grown.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote: Did anyone ever seriously think that this wouldn't happen? The readers' experience is the last and least serious thing the Guardioan takes into account. This ridiculous Membership deal - sign up now for benefits the year after next that you'll have to live in London to exercise - is a pathetic attempt to disguise this.

I think I read the other day, that The Guardian has overtaken the NYT in global traffic [Is that the right expression?]
I feel a 'they stay over there and read all our bloody papers' rant coming on.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory MPs want fixed parliamentary terms law repealed
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14508.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Cameron is under growing pressure from Conservative MPs to scrap the law which says that a general election must be held every five years.

A ComRes survey shows that a majority of Tory MPs want to abolish the Fixed-Term Parliament Act introduced by the Coalition. They want the Tories to call a second general election if they emerge as the largest party in a hung parliament next May rather than form another coalition. The Act says that another election before five years would require the support of two-thirds of MPs, a higher hurdle than a simple majority...
Sheesh - even the Tories want to repeal some of their own legislation at the earliest opportunity. Bit of a poke in the eye with a burnt stick for Clegg.
Last edited by refitman on Thu 23 Oct, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin: Link fixed
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Martha Michigan and the Messerschmitts - only one of those is right ... :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Messe ... 20&bih=878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tesco’s profits black hole bigger than expected and runs back several years
Supermarket, which is unable to provide any guidance on full-year profits, also said its under-fire chairman Sir Richard Broadbent is to resign

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... ole-bigger
My heart does not bleed for Tesco - quite the opposite. Glad its days of what seemed like total domination - and rampant development of new stores everywhere they could, and everywhere they couldn't (eventually) - are over.

But mostly I'd like to think that it's not just household economics that has seen people go elsewhere - but also dislike of its practices - most notably workfare.

The market analyst on Radio 4 said it's mostly down to Tesco no longer having any kind of proper targeted branding - it doesn't stand for value or quality apparently - Aldi & co are the value, Waitrose & M&S are the quality. It certainly doesn't stand for ethics.
Afternoon all,

I reckon that is at least part of the reason. I stopped shopping with them due to Workfare - which meant my mother also stopped as I do her shopping. Plus I encouraged as many people as I could to do likewise and I know quite a few of them did.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote: Did anyone ever seriously think that this wouldn't happen? The readers' experience is the last and least serious thing the Guardioan takes into account. This ridiculous Membership deal - sign up now for benefits the year after next that you'll have to live in London to exercise - is a pathetic attempt to disguise this.

It is the right expression, but it is only partly true. The Guardian overtook the New York Times in terms of "desktop traffic", i.e. people accessing it via PC; the top three by that metric are The Mail Online (depressingly), the Guardian and then the NYT - if you include readers accessing via Smart devices the NYT remains at number two, hence the concentration on Beta. Rusbridger wants that number one slot, and grabbing that additional market segment is the way he will do it.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Alastair Campbell retweeted
Allie Renison @AllieRenison · 23h 23 hours ago
This is a fabulous interview with @ChukaUmunna done by @campbellclaret. More like these please http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/ar ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Not sure I'd call it fabulous - but it is very interesting. Alistair Campbell tells CU he doesn't want any politician answers - which CU doesn't quite manage (you won't be surprised by that) but Campbell's questioning style and choice is fast and furious and no flies on it ...

Made me imagine Alistair Campbell in the interviewers chair on Newsnight ... now that would have been a treat.
Thanks for that link. Chuka is one of the Labour MPs I'm not so keen on. So, I was pleasantly surprised by his comments yesterday and in light of that, found this quite an interesting read. I may have to revise my opinion of him - slightly at least.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Martha Michigan and the Messerschmitts - only one of those is right ... :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Messe ... 20&bih=878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I loved those whacky cars. Someone in our village used to have a bright canary yellow one - where the whole front opened up. I used to think it was like some huge frenzied insect bombing around.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tizme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Alastair Campbell retweeted
Allie Renison @AllieRenison · 23h 23 hours ago
This is a fabulous interview with @ChukaUmunna done by @campbellclaret. More like these please http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/ar ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Not sure I'd call it fabulous - but it is very interesting. Alistair Campbell tells CU he doesn't want any politician answers - which CU doesn't quite manage (you won't be surprised by that) but Campbell's questioning style and choice is fast and furious and no flies on it ...

Made me imagine Alistair Campbell in the interviewers chair on Newsnight ... now that would have been a treat.
Thanks for that link. Chuka is one of the Labour MPs I'm not so keen on. So, I was pleasantly surprised by his comments yesterday and in light of that, found this quite an interesting read. I may have to revise my opinion of him - slightly at least.
Same here Tizme.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tizme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Supermarket, which is unable to provide any guidance on full-year profits, also said its under-fire chairman Sir Richard Broadbent is to resign

My heart does not bleed for Tesco - quite the opposite. Glad its days of what seemed like total domination - and rampant development of new stores everywhere they could, and everywhere they couldn't (eventually) - are over.

But mostly I'd like to think that it's not just household economics that has seen people go elsewhere - but also dislike of its practices - most notably workfare.

The market analyst on Radio 4 said it's mostly down to Tesco no longer having any kind of proper targeted branding - it doesn't stand for value or quality apparently - Aldi & co are the value, Waitrose & M&S are the quality. It certainly doesn't stand for ethics.
Afternoon all,

I reckon that is at least part of the reason. I stopped shopping with them due to Workfare - which meant my mother also stopped as I do her shopping. Plus I encouraged as many people as I could to do likewise and I know quite a few of them did.
Same with me. I never used them very much (found their quality to be poor, and wasn't overly impressed at the way they treated their suppliers) but I haven't set foot in a Tesco store since Workfare.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paul Mason retweeted

Florrie Walker and the Allegros
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The next election might be a dead heat, YouGov claims
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14221.html
The next election could be on course to produce a dead heat, with no major party able to form a simple coalition, a YouGov forum heard today.

A panel including Harriet Harman and Chris Huhne heard that the most likely scenario in 2015 would see Ukip taking 10 seats, leaving the Conservatives and Labour with 284 seats each, and the Lib Dems with 30. This would mean neither Conservatives nor Labour could form a coalition Government with the Lib Dems.

Pollster Peter Kellner told the YouGov forum in Cambridge today that this was not a prediction but a scenario, though he did point out that predictions made by YouGov more than a year before the European elections were correct...
So could we be caught in a Groundhog Day of repeat elections ..? It's just a 'scenario', mind.

Editing to add: That's another poke in the eye with a burnt stick for Clegg.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Thu 23 Oct, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Conor Burns MP
‏@Conor_BurnsMP
What total bollocks http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/60984 ... bg.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tizme1 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Afternoon all,

Me too. And Poundland

Oooooh. Mistake. One bottle of American root beer for Mr Ohso the other week...
Last edited by ohsocynical on Thu 23 Oct, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 2h 2 hours ago
Watford - the only seat in the UK where the bookies make LDs favourite to gain
What's going on in Watford - haven't they heard?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

What has happened in Watford is that the LibDem elected mayor (who is strikingly - and, to some, inexplicably - popular) Dorothy Thornhill has been selected as their GE candidate. Pretty sure they weren't favourites to win it before that, so its interesting. But we will see......

(personally I would still have Oxford W/Abingdon as their likeliest gain "against the trend" though)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton retweeted
David Singleton @david_singleton · 3h 3 hours ago
Tory MP John Baron ominously quiet over reports he'll defect to Ukip. His office directs PolHome to this statement... http://pressreleases.johnbaron.co.uk/archives/2505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

OsborneAtXmasTreeFarm.jpg
OsborneAtXmasTreeFarm.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 15843 times
Faisal Islam @faisalislam · 6h 6 hours ago
Chancellor seeing how well rooted are green shoots: "Growing quite well" ... I ask him why recovery voteless
Osborne in an orange jumpsuit ... did nobody ask if they had a different colour?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Faisal Islam @faisalislam · 1h 1 hour ago
asked Chancellor about @dannyalexander saying "unfunded tax cuts" would be dealt with harshly: "Theyre not unfunded deficit funded tax cuts"
Eh?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Looks like the Mail is going after the Scottish NHS now ....
Revealed: The 89p meals that shame NHS hospitals after catering budgets slashed by up to 10%
Nutritionist condemns tiny portions of unappetising food and ready meals
Hospitals have slashed food and drink budget by almost 10%
Some patients are being asked to order their meals 24 hours in advance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ishes.html
The link line actually reads as 'Meals shame Scottish hospitals 3million cuts hit hospital food forcing thousands patients eat 89p dishes'.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:What has happened in Watford is that the LibDem elected mayor (who is strikingly - and, to some, inexplicably - popular) Dorothy Thornhill has been selected as their GE candidate. Pretty sure they weren't favourites to win it before that, so its interesting. But we will see......

(personally I would still have Oxford W/Abingdon as their likeliest gain "against the trend" though)
I think Tizme knows a thing or two about said Mayor ;-)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:What has happened in Watford is that the LibDem elected mayor (who is strikingly - and, to some, inexplicably - popular) Dorothy Thornhill has been selected as their GE candidate. Pretty sure they weren't favourites to win it before that, so its interesting. But we will see......

aaah, sort of sideways incumbency then. Ta.

Editing to add: Actually, that sounds like a very uncomfortable Lib Dem Kama Sutra position (perish the thought and I apologise a million times for even thinking it....)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

And about how the LibDems conduct themselves locally more generally, too.....
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:For fellow guillotine knitters ....
Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I do wonder about the efficacy of a knitted guillotine.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Actually Anatoly there are a lot of people here in Watford that intensely dislike Dorothy but, at the last Mayoral election, there wasn't really a credible alternative. The Labour candidate for Mayor is a decent chap but not necessarily the sharpest knife in the box. We [Greens] didn't stand a candidate. Tory candidate had no chance, likewise UKIP. The Labour party locally is run by a guy who is totally paranoid and bloody useless when it comes to election campaigns. Or anything other than dirty tricks which he doesn't hide quite so well as the Lib dems hide theirs.

The lib dems here have a very lean mean election machine. Dorothy is a master at spin, glad handing, and tactics. They get involved with the local residents associations and any initiatives by local people. They are all over any individual trying to do anything in the community like a rash and invite them to stand as a lib dem councillor.

There is quite a lot of outrage that Dorothy would not admit before the mayoral campaign that she was going to stand for selection as the MP and further outrage that she is suggesting she could hold both positions! Problem is, again the Labour candidate isn't much good. Rich Harrington only has a small majority and if Matt Turmaine [Labour] doesn't up his profile, she may well get in. :fire:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I do wonder about the efficacy of a knitted guillotine.
:lol: We're knitting it in steel wire TC - seriously hard stuff. No shreddies 'nanas' here.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Too right Paul. Our paths frequently cross. Not only with regards the Farm Terrace Allotments. Speaking of which, we are still waiting to hear the outcome of the Judicial Review. :roll:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tizme1 wrote:

Actually Anatoly there are a lot of people here in Watford that intensely dislike Dorothy but, at the last Mayoral election, there wasn't really a credible alternative. The Labour candidate for Mayor is a decent chap but not necessarily the sharpest knife in the box. We [Greens] didn't stand a candidate. Tory candidate had no chance, likewise UKIP. The Labour party locally is run by a guy who is totally paranoid and bloody useless when it comes to election campaigns. Or anything other than dirty tricks which he doesn't hide quite so well as the Lib dems hide theirs.

The lib dems here have a very lean mean election machine. Dorothy is a master at spin, glad handing, and tactics. They get involved with the local residents associations and any initiatives by local people. They are all over any individual trying to do anything in the community like a rash and invite them to stand as a lib dem councillor.

There is quite a lot of outrage that Dorothy would not admit before the mayoral campaign that she was going to stand for selection as the MP and further outrage that she is suggesting she could hold both positions! Problem is, again the Labour candidate isn't much good. Rich Harrington only has a small majority and if Matt Turmaine [Labour] doesn't up his profile, she may well get in. :fire:
Commiserations Tizme. I wouldn't want to have that invidious sounding choice as a voter.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Suzanne Thompson ‏@Suzze05 22m22 minutes ago
Whistle-blowers told BBC Newsnight of serious failings in first probation service in England & Wales to be privatised.http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25035850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

And it goes on and on and on......
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tizme1 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Too right Paul. Our paths frequently cross. Not only with regards the Farm Terrace Allotments. Speaking of which, we are still waiting to hear the outcome of the Judicial Review. :roll:
That's a very very long time. What on earth could be causing that kind of delay?
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tizme1 wrote:

Commiserations Tizme. I wouldn't want to have that invidious sounding choice as a voter.
As I mentioned the other day, for local party reasons, unless there is a major change of circumstances, we won't be standing a candidate at the G/E. I really do wish Matt would do something to inspire confidence in him but he's a walking suit who just wants to be an MP. No real concern about anyone or anything other than getting elected as far as I can see. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Dorothy knowing her as I do and it's not in my DNA to vote Tory. Maybe the Labour party nationally will do something to give me hope...............
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tebbit shows that Tory cruelty and prejudice run as deep as ragwort roots
The suggestion by a once-powerful Tory that the unemployed should pull up ragwort for their benefits seems born of a desire to break their spirit, not help them

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... d-benefits
Amazing. Just amazing. This man is such a great thinker, writer and human being.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:

I'm tech savvy, news hungry and use a tablet.

I loathe the Beta, because that's exactly what it seems to be, a partly thought out incomplete implementation that rarely works without me wanting to throw my expensive bit of kit up a wall. I complained a couple of days ago in their feedback form. Bad design and implementation will always be just that, and no one here hasn't felt that before. ;)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

tinyclanger2 wrote:

:lol: :lol!: :lol: