Tuesday 28th October 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 28th October 2014

Post by refitman »

Morning all. Labour & Tories tied on Yougov:

Latest YouGov / The Sun results 27th Oct -

Con 32%,
Lab 32%,
LD 8%,
UKIP 18%;

APP -24
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Re: Tuesday 28th October 2014

Post by StephenDolan »

refitman wrote:Morning all. Labour & Tories tied on Yougov:

Con 32%,
Lab 32%,
LD 8%,
UKIP 18%;

APP -24
Morning all.

I'm not liking these frequent low 30s polling figures. On a faint positive, the Tories don't seem to be increasing.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Morning all...

OK - polls - according to all the latest (and going back some time, to when UKIP changed overnight from 'fruitcakes and loons' to 'serious political operators'), the British people are now swallowers of (and have been converted to) the Ultra-Neo-conmens bile - from a healthy 55-60% left leaning anti-privatisation, pro-Public Service up to 2013 http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... ost-public to 55-60% supporting the Coalition (or the Purple Peril) and the scorched earth treatment of the sick, the disabled and the poor. I find that very difficult to believe(TM).

I picked this up from yesterdays boards - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -fairytale - and it reminded me of this - http://mancunion.com/2013/11/07/time-fo ... economics/ - by the same author - so the truth is there....just can't be seen or heard for the frothing obfuscation of the MSM...on which note , I also picked this up from last night -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 21889.html

...and when you actually read the piece? UKIP up a bit, but of course...DIRE NEWS FOR ED MILIBAND AND LABOUR...and this helpful graphic...
ukont.PNG
ukont.PNG (106.52 KiB) Viewed 24679 times
...is also included - why did the payments suddenly jump in 2010? (Will be genuinely happy if anyone has the answer to that, btw - something to do with bail-outs, perhaps?). Obviously, the readers of the Independent (I include myself as I usually buy the 'i' (for the crossword, is a 'mini' Indy and is only 30p ;) )) are most definitely not able to join the dots, most certainly won't be aware that the EU told the cretinous cabal about this 7 months ago, won't understand that it's just like a 'business' - if you are more 'successful' and make more profit, you pay more tax...so as someone else has said here before...polls are b******s.
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning all. Yes - polls are not bringing much cheer at present. Let's hope that means Labour buck themselves up - rather than continue or, worse, increase the tearing strips of each other and general bitching.

I thought I'd start the day by posting a couple of the latest fur cups. As seeingclearly said late last night - the fur cups keep coming - we have to hope there are enough of the public who are going to notice that unceasing trend.
It's a fur cup - because the banks have had all our money thrown at them (which they've used quite a bit of to pay massive compensation figures for their bad practices re mis selling etc) and it's one of the sectors that Osborne & co are relying on to grow (despite his rebalancing economy guff) - and it's 9,000 people plus their families and other dependants going to feel very insecure and worried over the next 6 months.
House of Lords votes against Grayling’s plans to restrict judicial review access
Ex-Tory cabinet ministers defy party to keep judges’ discretion as Labour says defeat is ‘humiliating slapdown’ for justice secretary

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... eview-plan
It's a really good news fur cup - the Tories' own former ministers voted against this anti democratic travesty FFS. That's how bad it was. A further shafting of the people avoided for now.
Working on the wild side.
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

Watching Cameron walk to his car after being "attacked" by a jogger in that video, I noticed he had a big smirk on his face.

Surely it wasn't another PR prank - because it and talk of protecting him "US President style" is all over the news this a.m. taking the heat out of his bodged up, faux EU bash? I wouldn't put it beyond his team. The jogger was supposedly released after 15 minutes!

Is there a yellow thing for Conspiracy Theory????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
JackPranker
Committee Member

Post by JackPranker »

giselle97 wrote:Watching Cameron walk to his car after being "attacked" by a jogger in that video, I noticed he had a big smirk on his face.

Surely it wasn't another PR prank - because it and talk of protecting him "US President style" is all over the news this a.m. taking the heat out of his bodged up, faux EU bash? I wouldn't put it beyond his team. The jogger was supposedly released after 15 minutes!

PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

@Jack :lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Talking about Cameron and Leeds….

So they prattled on about HS3 linking the cities of the north.

Now, not so long ago they announced the electrification of the Transpennine route from Leeds to Manchester, which is one of the absolute busiest lines in the country and one I use frequently.

So, is that still on the cards?
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

On Parliament TV this pm...amendment to introduce Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse...

http://mandatenow.org.uk/hol-debate-28- ... on-in-ras/

Labour support the principle but haven't produced a policy yet...and the Tories/Yellow lickspittles?

"The Government does not want MR but proposes nothing to make the failing system work."

...and child abuse in Australia...

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... CMP=twt_gu
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Well done to Diana Johnson for making my Transpennine point very eloquently!
Even for those areas not excluded, as Hull is, from the first phase of the planned HS3, it appears that none of this work will happen until well into the 2030s.

In the here and now, rail passengers in the North have been seeing rail fare increases up to 162% and threatened cuts to Transpennine rail services in order for the Coalition to move rolling stock resources to Southern England.

In Hull, we also want to see the privately financed rail electrification from Selby into Hull done in time for the 2017 City of Culture. At the moment, Hull hasn't even got High Speed One! The HS3 plan from the current Government seems to favour the Manchester-Leeds-Sheffield 'Golden Triangle' that Nick Clegg has talked about - with Hull very much on the outside.

Under this Government, although Hull people pay their ever-increasing fares and their taxes, it all seems to be jam tomorrow - but jams today.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

To be fair to Cameron he did mention the electrification project in passing. But when is it happening?

I know I'll ask Julian Glover! :twisted:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Frederick J Williams retweeted
The Staggers ‏@TheStaggers Oct 24
Why David Cameron's political point-scoring on the Welsh NHS won't wash. By @OwenSmithMP http://bit.ly/1nCthzI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Frederick J Williams retweeted
Simon Danczuk ‏@SimonDanczuk 1h1 hour ago
I've applied for a Parliamentary Debate on: Progress made with the Historic Child Sex Abuse Inquiry.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

giselle97 wrote:Watching Cameron walk to his car after being "attacked" by a jogger in that video, I noticed he had a big smirk on his face.

I was saying the same thing last night! It's a ploy to get him more "protection" (from the people) for when he refuses to leave No. 10 next year.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Did we get this comment from Chris Bryant about NotevenslightlyUniversal Credit?
Comment - Chris Bryant (Labour)
Chris Bryant MP, Shadow Minister for Welfare Reform, commenting on the leaked Universal Credit memo which shows jobcentre staff struggling with rollout said:

"This is further proof that Universal Credit is in crisis under the Tories, with huge delays and mounting waste.

"The increasing backlog of claims for Universal Credit are shocking, yet David Cameron and Iain Duncan Smith remain in complete denial, insisting that everything is going to plan.

"Iain Duncan Smith promised a million people would be claiming Universal Credit by April 2014, but figures from his own department show fewer than 15,000 people are claiming the new benefit. The incompetence is amazing: £130 million has already been wasted on failed I.T. alone.

"Labour wants Universal Credit to work. We would call in the National Audit Office to urgently review Universal Credit - to see what can be salvaged from David Cameron and Iain Duncan Smith's wreck."
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

JackPranker wrote:

That'll do! Thanks Jack. ;)
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

MsChin if you're passing wondered if you got any further with this correspondence!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.06.24.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.06.24.png (105.38 KiB) Viewed 24541 times
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

Another network blip -duplicate post deleted
JackPranker
Committee Member

Post by JackPranker »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@Jack :lol:
:D

I've set up a couple of MBs for football and cricket supporters clubs I belong to. The list of smileys I have access to is enormous.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Following on from the various posts yesterday and a few this morning - on Labour and social security......

Green and Timms continue to conflate sickness with disability. From a Shadow Disability Minister that is inexcusable.
Green, like Reeves, continues to make both sickness (which she calls disability) and disability about work - not about what they are.
Work is what everything is about for Labour so you could say they are living up to their name - but the facts are that we have yet to hear exactly what these WCA "reforms" actually are and what sort of improvement (if any) we can expect, and it's still all about putting sick people to work.

I was asked yesterday to write a small piece for the next leaflet (in case anyone missed my post yesterday, Show and I are delivering hundreds of Labour leaflets locally and we'll be doing this every few months until the GE) and it was suggested I say something positive about Labour's stance.
I can't say anything positive about Labours stance.
What little we have heard is basically abolition of the bedroom tax (good) and a Jobs Guarantee (maybe good, depends on the small print).
What little we have had about the sick and disabled is so woolly it's meaningless and the people in charge appear not to understand the difference between sickness and disability and continually conflate the two.

Trying to explain this to the organiser was like pushing a medicine ball up a hill through treacle.

We have Reeves saying that disabled people will get better jobsearch support. Great.
We have Green saying that plus it will be more local and thus much better. Great.
We have Reeves totally failing to understand that disabled does not equal ill.
We have Green doing the same with a nod to a draconian and unfair assessment.
We have Green failing to explain how she will make this useless thing fair.
We have Bryant saying he supports Universal Credit, and Reeves, and Green, and Timms.

What we do not have is -
An apology for the stupidity that is ESA and the WCA - just because IDS has made it worse does not mean that it was ever a good idea.
Any understanding that sick and disabled are in any way different things.
Any serious statement about the unfairness of PIP.
Any serious statement about the unfairness of sanctions.
No protest about the 7-day wait now imposed for new claims.
No protest about the removal of NI conts presumption for sick children.
No protest about the imposition of fines.

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that not one of the Labour front bench actually has any understanding of the social security system.
I don't think they actually know how it works at all.

I am heartily sick of this.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

A short, scathing piece from Richard Murphy on Cameron and the EU budget

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2014 ... g-example/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

camerons-appalling-example
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

StephenDolan wrote:

Con 32%,
Lab 32%,
LD 8%,
UKIP 18%;

APP -24
Morning all.

I'm not liking these frequent low 30s polling figures. On a faint positive, the Tories don't seem to be increasing.
The last point is quite important - Dave's minions had hoped that his tantrum last week (gushed over by the BBC, in typical fashion, as a "barnstorming passionate performance") would have moved them into a clear poll lead. Instead, it seems that UKIP have benefited most - who would ever have thought it?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
JackPranker
Committee Member

Post by JackPranker »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Instead, it seems that UKIP have benefited most - who would ever have thought it?
It's a point that has been made ad nauseum over the last week or so but Cameron appears to be full on charging towards the most febrile type of anti-everything style of politics in order to combat UKIP which does nothing but legitimising the very party they're trying to fend off. Is Dave going to be the next defector?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:

Con 32%,
Lab 32%,
LD 8%,
UKIP 18%;

APP -24
Morning all.

The last point is quite important - Dave's minions had hoped that his tantrum last week (gushed over by the BBC, in typical fashion, as a "barnstorming passionate performance") would have moved them into a clear poll lead. Instead, it seems that UKIP have benefited most - who would ever have thought it?
I agree. Thankfully there's not much sign of an increase in government popularity. And the economy is hardly roaring and the NHS is becoming a farce. I'm just hoping that Labour are ready to tap into that disaffection with some strong positive messages during the six months up to the election. And I agree with RR2 (I think) from above that the factions prone to attacking Miliband need to get a grip.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

JackPranker wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Instead, it seems that UKIP have benefited most - who would ever have thought it?
It's a point that has been made ad nauseum over the last week or so but Cameron appears to be full on charging towards the most febrile type of anti-everything style of politics in order to combat UKIP which does nothing but legitimising the very party they're trying to fend off. Is Dave going to be the next defector?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.20.14.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.20.14.png (25.2 KiB) Viewed 24444 times
JackPranker
Committee Member

Post by JackPranker »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
JackPranker wrote:
It's not me, I swear. :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Opposition Day Debate -Effects of Government Policies on the disabled /vote of no confidence in Freud/Coalfield Communities on BBC Parliament in a few minutes for those interested.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

I find myself in the odd position of recommending a piece by "Havisham" Hodges, discussing the policy announcement by our Government that we are happy to let men, women & children drown in their desperate attempts to flee conflicts for which that same Government (and its predecessor) is at least partially responsible. But the comments BTL lead me to ask a question; when did this country become so unfeeling, and is it one I want to live in?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... e-BNP.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Even now, btl comments at the Torygraph should not be taken as representative of "this country". Thankfully.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Even now, btl comments at the Torygraph should not be taken as representative of "this country". Thankfully.
I'd like to think that, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Even now, btl comments at the Torygraph should not be taken as representative of "this country". Thankfully.
BTL at the DT was taken over by Kippers a long while ago - everyone else gets shouted down.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:I find myself in the odd position of recommending a piece by "Havisham" Hodges, discussing the policy announcement by our Government that we are happy to let men, women & children drown in their desperate attempts to flee conflicts for which that same Government (and its predecessor) is at least partially responsible. But the comments BTL lead me to ask a question; when did this country become so unfeeling, and is it one I want to live in?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... e-BNP.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can we tweet Dan something like.

Well said Dan, somebody has to. But remember this is your mate Dave doing this.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

RogerOThornhill wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
BTL at the DT was taken over by Kippers a long while ago - everyone else gets shouted down.
And BTL on the Guardian? And on Twitter? And, to be frank, on buses and trains? What those people BTL on the Telegraph are saying will resonate with many (far too many) people in this country; it is why Fallon made the comments he made earlier this week (at, I am sure, the behest of Crosby, dipping their toes in the water) and why this policy has been announced today.

On another matter. I've just peeped into Sparrow's blog for the first time in a few weeks; I'm unsurprised to see that he is not covering the Opposition Day debate, but does seem to be inordinately concerned with why Labour has yet to respond to this Tory/BNP policy - so business as usual, cover the arse of the Government and undermine the opposition. So glad to see nothing has changed, means my decision to walk away was the correct one.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Its actually mildly amusing how their solution to every problem in Britain, Europe, the world, solar system and galaxy is "VOTE UKIP!!!!!" :lol:
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: I'd like to think that, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe.
Its actually mildly amusing how their solution to every problem in Britain, Europe, the world, solar system and galaxy is "VOTE UKIP!!!!!" :lol:
There's an old saying - if your only tool is a hammer, you'll see every problem as a nail.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: I'd like to think that, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe.
It was at the start, the joke is wearing thin a tad thin now.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

One for Roger. DT-level stuff from the New Statesman on academy oversight.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -academies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The writer is no better on Twitter, where he won't answer questions about overseeing 20,000 schools from Whitehall, Gove's regional commissioners, and says "Hackney Downs" when LAs mentioned.

He's editing NS election coverage in 2015....

And thinks Miliband is a nasty statist going to stop ARK doing their heroics.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote: On another matter. I've just peeped into Sparrow's blog for the first time in a few weeks; I'm unsurprised to see that he is not covering the Opposition Day debate, but does seem to be inordinately concerned with why Labour has yet to respond to this Tory/BNP policy - so business as usual, cover the arse of the Government and undermine the opposition. So glad to see nothing has changed, means my decision to walk away was the correct one.
Sparrow's away - it's half term - so it's Rowena Mason...who they poached from the DT.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Anyone know anything about Sarah Boyack MSP, standing for Labour leadership apparently.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

RogerOThornhill wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: On another matter. I've just peeped into Sparrow's blog for the first time in a few weeks; I'm unsurprised to see that he is not covering the Opposition Day debate, but does seem to be inordinately concerned with why Labour has yet to respond to this Tory/BNP policy - so business as usual, cover the arse of the Government and undermine the opposition. So glad to see nothing has changed, means my decision to walk away was the correct one.
Sparrow's away - it's half term - so it's Rowena Mason...who they poached from the DT.
Ah, fair enough. Speaks volumes that I was unable to tell the difference though.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I have to agree with Grim on UKIP, too many times I have heard someone or other praise Farage and his rat bag of a party, it happened earlier out walking the hounds, puts a dampner on a lovely autumn morning, I nearly swore at him, but I stopped myself.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Anyone know anything about Sarah Boyack MSP, standing for Labour leadership apparently.
Apparently protege of Margaret Curran.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

We must not make the same mistake with the Greens that we did with the Lib Dems
http://labourlist.org/2014/10/we-must-n ... -lib-dems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In almost every instance where the Greens have had seats in a hung council they have done exactly what they did in Hackney – defined themselves primarily as anti-Labour and chosen to work with the Tories and Lib Dems.
Phew - didn't realise that, always thought of them as "mates".
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

I see that the Whigs are reforming. A chance for Michael Fabricant to jump ship?

In all seriousness, though, looking at the principles of New Whiggery, I can't see any sign of protectionist trade policies or anti-Catholic discrimination, so I'm not sure if they have the right to use the name.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This is an interesting old article on PFI from Colin Talbot.

http://opinion.publicfinance.co.uk/2011 ... diagnosis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PFIs were created to address a very big and real problem. The most vulnerable bit of public spending is nearly always capital spending – on building or repairing public infrastructure like schools and hospitals. Why? Because when governments are looking for urgent savings slashing building and repair budgets seems like an easy option – the impacts are long term and slow, so they usually provoke far less opposition
Fair point. Though the other criticisms clearly stand, as he says.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

AngryAsWell wrote:We must not make the same mistake with the Greens that we did with the Lib Dems
http://labourlist.org/2014/10/we-must-n ... -lib-dems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In almost every instance where the Greens have had seats in a hung council they have done exactly what they did in Hackney – defined themselves primarily as anti-Labour and chosen to work with the Tories and Lib Dems.
Puts me in mind of Charlie Kennedy's famous view - Tories are the opposition, Labour are the competition.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Its typical Akehurst - a rollicking good read with some valuable truths, but maybe not *the* most objective assessment of matters :)

(also file here: John McTernan)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

DonutHingeParty wrote:I see that the Whigs are reforming. A chance for Michael Fabricant to jump ship?

In all seriousness, though, looking at the principles of New Whiggery, I can't see any sign of protectionist trade policies or anti-Catholic discrimination, so I'm not sure if they have the right to use the name.
But who are they? not a word about who backs them on the web site.
The Whigs are returning to British politics. We are going into the 2015 General Election to provide a fresh choice to the British people, and to show that everyone can get involved in politics. Our campaign will be positive and optimistic, both online and in the streets.

The Whigs are back. Come and join the party

http://whigs.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

DonutHingeParty wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:We must not make the same mistake with the Greens that we did with the Lib Dems
Puts me in mind of Charlie Kennedy's famous view - Tories are the opposition, Labour are the competition.
In FPTP Green voters must be targeted wherever and whenever they are found. It won't win over the Green core vote, which has always been there, but it will prevent it growing.

If they want to carve out the post lib dem space in the South West good luck to them. However the idea Labour should do NB any favours is nuts. She hates the Labour Party and I suspect the feeling is mutual. Lucas I think deserves a lot more respect.

I guess Khan will come up with a campaign strategy and make sure it is followed, not that I have much faith.

Labours lack of attack lines on UKIP is however baffling. Call them the racist Tories and move on. They play the race card in Rotherham so let them live with the tag. Hammer them on workers rights and point out things are shit primarily because of Austerity, and Farage wants more of it.

Vote UKIP for no rights, no job, and a tax cut for bankers.
Release the Guardvarks.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
DonutHingeParty wrote:I see that the Whigs are reforming. A chance for Michael Fabricant to jump ship?

But who are they? not a word about who backs them on the web site.
The Whigs are returning to British politics. We are going into the 2015 General Election to provide a fresh choice to the British people, and to show that everyone can get involved in politics. Our campaign will be positive and optimistic, both online and in the streets.

The Whigs are back. Come and join the party

http://whigs.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's one

Waleed Ghani - but google tells me
Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Hummm...