Tuesday 2nd September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 2nd September 2014

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Image
It will be interesting to see where this polling goes as the novelty wears off in the next week or so.
Doubt if there will be a massive difference, tbh - barring something totally unexpected derailing him, Carswell is going to win.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

There has got to be some kind of electoral law against this kind of thing surely?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

If you go down to the woods today…
Forest privatisation

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=in_the_back&

They are out and out utter bastards!
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:There has got to be some kind of electoral law against this kind of thing surely?

And it'll get worse. Hopefully there are decent people that were tempted to vote UKIP and will be put off by nasty stuff like that.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Fraser Nelson ‏@FraserNelson 22m
RT @ScottishPol: Unlikely that Tories will win next general election says @RuthDavidsonMSP >> verdict of Scottish Tories, experts in defeat

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 22m
Remarkable: Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has just said that it isn't "likely" the Tories will win the general election.

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 21m
Understandable that Davidson is trying to dampen Scottish fears of Tory victory, but what will Cameron think?
So - even the Scottish Tories are now briefing against a Westminster Tory win in 2015 because they know how toxic a prospect that is in Scotland and what a boon to the YES campaign .....

I'm getting nervy (and not just because I really don't relish the thought of Dan Hodges doing a streak if YES wins .... horrible, horrible.)
Working on the wild side.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:There has got to be some kind of electoral law against this kind of thing surely?

And it'll get worse. Hopefully there are decent people that were tempted to vote UKIP and will be put off by nasty stuff like that.
You can put your house on the Harman/PIE stuff coming out again.

And the inquiry which after nearly 2 months still has no chair? Kicked into the long grass...won't report before the election.

Talking of inquiries...can you imagine the whining that would have gone on if Burnham had announced a public inquiry into Mid Staffs and had left it unfinished at the election in 2010.

I just worked out that if a public inquiry had been announced in July 2009 it would have reported in March 2012. Imagine the outrage...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Release the Guardvarks.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Just to let people know I have a website/blog, :shock: . I am going to post my brief histories up there from the articles section, I have stuck a couple up there already.

http://jemahlevans.wix.com/jemahlevans
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Temulkar wrote:Just to let people know I have a website/blog, :shock: . I am going to post my brief histories up there from the articles section, I have stuck a couple up there already.

Nice :) The book looks good as well, will it be available in outlets other than Amazon ? (My shopping boundaries are very limited these days, amazon is on boycott too - lol )
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Good grief, police state (again).

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/s ... ewton-dunn
I love the fact that with no sense of irony, they're quoting Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

They have no shame - front pages outrage on the 'uman rights industry...but then when it comes to themselves...oh look!

Same as Griffin when someone leaked the BNP membership list.

Hypocrites.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Temulkar wrote:Just to let people know I have a website/blog, :shock: . I am going to post my brief histories up there from the articles section, I have stuck a couple up there already.

Nice :) The book looks good as well, will it be available in outlets other than Amazon ? (My shopping boundaries are very limited these days, amazon is on boycott too - lol )
Yep, will be available through Waterstones and indy book shops as well as amazon. Paperback and e-book, possibly hardback. Not till next year though.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Temulkar wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Yep, will be available through Waterstones and indy book shops as well as amazon. Paperback and e-book, possibly hardback. Not till next year though.
Great, I enjoy your writing and will look forward to reading it :) Is it OK to twitter link to Sturdy Beggars or Deserving Poor. A Brief History of the Welfare State ?
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: Nice :) The book looks good as well, will it be available in outlets other than Amazon ? (My shopping boundaries are very limited these days, amazon is on boycott too - lol )
Great, I enjoy your writing and will look forward to reading it :) Is it OK to twitter link to Sturdy Beggars or Deserving Poor. A Brief History of the Welfare State ?
Yeah of course. The more people that know the better I guess.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Temulkar wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Temulkar wrote: Yep, will be available through Waterstones and indy book shops as well as amazon. Paperback and e-book, possibly hardback. Not till next year though.
Yeah of course. The more people that know the better I guess.
Will do some Tweeting tomorrow Temulkar if nobody beats me to it. Bit tired now and might not give you your due ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Wow good on the folk of Northern Ireland for challenging Smith

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 52147.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sinn-feins-fury-at-iain-duncan-smiths-call-to-back-welfare-reforms