Tuesday 23rd February 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 23rd February 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 23rd February 2021

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hello Refitman!
Hello Everyone.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am working on self so can contribute more.
This requires pulling brain from general state of despair to simple bemusement about plant/mankind.
Will report in shortly on this.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Bemusement aplenty.
Peter Geoghegan
@PeterKGeoghegan
The widespread reporting of Boris Johnson's announcements yesterday as 'cautious' seems out of whack both with its actual content and the behavioural nudge it clearly gives
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Meanwhile, the latest on 'we are so screwed'.
Extreme Temperatures Around The World
@extremetemps
Just 1 day after its earliest 20C, #Beijing did what it seemed impossible and on 21 February recorded 25.6C, pulverizing by almost 5C the monthly record just set yesterday. This 25C+ is 25 days early of the previous earliest 25C (18 March 2009).
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote:Bemusement aplenty.
Peter Geoghegan
@PeterKGeoghegan
The widespread reporting of Boris Johnson's announcements yesterday as 'cautious' seems out of whack both with its actual content and the behavioural nudge it clearly gives
Depends what you are comparing it with, it is certainly cautious compared with the CRG types who want to OPEN EVERYTHING UP NOW.

(and a personal opinion of mine is that "nudge" theory is overrated anyway)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Rosena Allin-Khan, a shadow health minister, said it was “an insult” for Hancock to claim there was no shortage of PPE. She said:

Many frontline workers had to ration protective equipment, putting themselves at risk.

Lots of it was inadequate and poorly fitting, and some NHS staff had to make gowns themselves from bin bags.

The fact is, it was a smash-and-grab for Tory donors and friends. And protecting workers who were putting themselves in harm’s way to look after people seems to have been an afterthought.
(Politics Live, Guardian)
Well, he certainly won't like her tone.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The nudge bit related to reports of people booking hols.

I think it's the extent of it, going all the way to 'all restrictions lifted', that makes it seem reckless. Typical of Johnson to hand so many hostages to fortune, but he gets away with it time and time again so doesn't care.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.
Rosena Allin-Khan, a shadow health minister, said it was “an insult” for Hancock to claim there was no shortage of PPE. She said:

Many frontline workers had to ration protective equipment, putting themselves at risk.

Lots of it was inadequate and poorly fitting, and some NHS staff had to make gowns themselves from bin bags.

The fact is, it was a smash-and-grab for Tory donors and friends. And protecting workers who were putting themselves in harm’s way to look after people seems to have been an afterthought.
(Politics Live, Guardian)
Well, he certainly won't like her tone.
Ah yes, I remember Rentaghoul taking Dodds to task for that.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Coming out with the Salmond v Sturgeon stuff now, is some rather unpleasant stuff about Charles Kennedy's final days.

(or more specifically, his hounding by certain people online)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@AnatolyKasparov

Hello. I was harking back to this -

Rosena Allin-Khan: 'If Matt Hancock found my tone difficult, that's on him'

The Labour MP and A&E doctor on her run-in with the health secretary and her shifts on the hospital frontline (Observer, May 2020)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -is-on-him
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Announced last night that council elections this May have been cancelled in my patch, pending a possible "reorganisation" :fire:
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Liam Thorp
@LiamThorpECHO
BREAKING: The Labour Party has now re-opened applications for its Liverpool Mayoral selection

Unprecedented move comes after three shortlisted candidates were re-interviewed last week

Three shortlisted candidates will NOT be allowed to reapply for the position

Utterly unprecedented
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Announced last night that council elections this May have been cancelled in my patch, pending a possible "reorganisation" :fire:
Same here.

North Yorkshire County Council elections won't happen in May because of Robert Jenrick's local government reorganisation
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Leeds neo-Nazi Mark Collet behind far-right group Patriotic Alternative pushing 'hateful' home schooling with racist songs

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... t-19882854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The group claims 10,000 people a month are viewing its 'wholesome' syllabus, which has also been dubbed 'hateful and poisonous', online during lockdown, the MirrorOnline reports.

It claims it helps kids “learn history and culture free from the shackles and ideology of the National Curriculum”.

Parents are told to teach their children how Britain abolished slavery, glossing over its involvement in the barbaric trade for 300 years and blaming “African chiefs” for selling their people.

Lessons focus on a “heroic age” when Britons were “a superior kind of people showing great feats of courage”.
The last time I heard anything about Mark Collet was when he got a kicking after going into the Fab Cafe (a cult film & tv bar that I used to frequent) and trying to hand out flyers for the BNP. By all accounts he was very drunk and when asked to leave became abusive and hit a female member of staff resulting in him being slapped about a bit by patrons and the bouncers. Nearly two decades later it appears he's still a dick.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... o-document" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe we'll do it a bit different another time eh?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA