Friday 26th February 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 26th February 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 26th February 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Salmond currently giving his evidence, he is not a happy bunny it is fair to say.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/educ ... 07935.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

>_< that.

Any thoughts ROT?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

As ever, the person making this claim won't be so keen to sacrifice *their* life. For some reason.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

A little like Ms Merkel and vaccines:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... t-yet-used" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is … currently an acceptance problem with the AstraZeneca vaccine,” Merkel said. “AstraZeneca is a reliable vaccine, effective and safe, approved by the European Medicines Agency and recommended in Germany up to the age of 65 years. All the authorities tell us that this vaccine can be trusted. As long as vaccines are as scarce as they are now, you cannot choose what to vaccinate with.”
Asked whether she would volunteer to be administered with the vaccine, Merkel said: “I am 66 years old and I do not belong to the recommended group for AstraZeneca.”
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Speaking at CPAC: Former Leader of Magical Cult That Channels Ghost of Trump

https://www.thedailybeast.com/former-le ... ng-at-cpac
Even by the standards of the alleged kooks and conmen commonly found on the CPAC roster, one of this year’s speakers has an extraordinary background which includes fronting an organization which claimed—in all seriousness—to be able to channel Donald Trump’s guardian deity through a magical medium.

The former political leader of a Japanese cult called Happy Science, Jay “Hiroaki” Aeba, is on the bill for Friday.

Aeba’s guru, Ryuho Okawa, claims to be a Venusian god named El Cantare who created life on earth—and is also a reincarnation of the Buddha, just in case you were wondering. Okawa is not only a snazzy dresser and a self-proclaimed deity, but he says he has the power to channel the spirits of any person, living or dead. He claims to have had a great awakening in 1981 and subsequently founded the Happy Science religion (Kofuku no Kagaku) in 1986. In American terms, he’s like Billy Graham crossed with Shirley MacLaine. He’s channeled the spirits of Jesus, Kim Jong II, and in 2016, he even managed to obtain an exclusive interview with the guardian spirit of Donald Trump.

He is a self-proclaimed conservative commentator and columnist and chairman of the Japanese Conservative Union (JCU) which was founded in 2015. In April last year two magazines reported on a scandal within the JCU that seemed to implicate Aeba in possible fraud involving cryptocurrency. According to the articles, Aeba collected nearly nine million dollars to create a virtual currency called Liberty. In his fund-raising efforts, he used a photo of himself and Donald Trump in a pamphlet handed out to potential investors. The photo was enough to convince many of his credibility.

The Japanese media reports that it is still a mystery as to what happened to the nearly nine million dollars in funding used to create the virtual currency and it has resulted in internal fighting within the JCU.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/educ ... 07935.html

>_< that.

Any thoughts ROT?
I have a thought. The NHS has seen a significant increase in staff, both doctors and nurses, to help them rise to the covid challenge. How many extra staff have similarly been made available to schools to aid their response?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs- ... -last-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

That is indeed a pertinent point, not to mention how much has been done regarding other stuff like ventilation.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:

>_< that.

Any thoughts ROT?
I have a thought. The NHS has seen a significant increase in staff, both doctors and nurses, to help them rise to the covid challenge. How many extra staff have similarly been made available to schools to aid their response?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs- ... -last-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't think government care about educating most children and don't care about the teachers doing the job.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon. Just returned from a longish walk with 'er outdoors...

>_< that.

Any thoughts ROT?
Let's just say that most of Edu Twitter wasn't that impressed...neither were they with even being the Go to for everything educational. Reaction tended to be "Saw he was on again and switched off"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looking at today's action, I wonder if it is going to be shown - again - that its not the crime that kills you, but the cover up.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Salmond currently giving his evidence, he is not a happy bunny it is fair to say.
I'd be pretty pissed off if every branch of the state was brought against me in an effort to destroy my name, my career and throw me in prison for attempted rape.

He didn't even need the evidence he's been forced to withhold to show this is no 'conspiracy theory'. The procedure the SNP used to investigate the allegations against him was biased and illegal according to a judicial review. Someone from the SNP leaked those allegations to the press. The trial he faced immediately afterwards was a total farce with witnesses changing their stories and contradicting each other. Salmond may not be entirely blameless, he may be a sex pest, but if that is the case those women have been let down by the incompetence of the Scottish government, the Scottish civil service and the Crown Office (the Scottish CPS), or he may be completely innocent and they fucked up framing him. Either way it looks absolutely awful and given the details of some of the messages from senior SNP figures, including Sturgeon's husband, it's clear they had it in for him.

Will Sturgeon resign? Probably not. Will it damage her politically? Undoubtedly. Will it affect support for independence? Highly unlikely.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway. Tonight's Nicolas Cage film was -

Drive Angry

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502404/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicolas Cage escapes from Hell to wreak his revenge on a Satanic Cult leader responsible for the death of his daughter. During the course of the proceedings Nicolas Cage drives various classic cars and kills countless people. While having sex with a barmaid she asks why he still has all his clothes on, to which Nicolas Cage replies 'I never disrobe before gunplay'. At this point various Satanic cultists burst in and Nicolas Cage shoots them all while continuing to have sex with the barmaid and drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels.

And because this one was made in 2011 Nicolas Cage still had a normal looking beard.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Also in case anyone missed it yesterday the big political news in the U.S was that Hasbro had removed the 'Mr' from the Mr Potato head brand name on the box (and the 'Mrs' from Mrs Potato Head).

This led to a right wing meltdown and considerable mockery and mirth at their expense.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Seen a lot of shit in my time but never thought I’d live to see a grown adult demand they add a dick to Mr Potato Head
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

This was playing while Nicolas Cage was shooting people, having sex and drinking Jack Daniels all at the same time.

It's like hearing the Jesus and Mary Chain all over again.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ian Blackford was on Newsnight and the less said about his performance the better. It's always embarrassing to see someone you otherwise admire making an utter fool of themselves for reasons of political loyalty.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Drive Angry = :shock:
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Beware of social media: warning for UK dog owners as thefts rise

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... hefts-rise

I'd love to know how crossing a malteser and a poo results in a cute little dog. I'm going to have to run some experiments.

When I were a lad dogs were made out of other dogs doing stuff my parents were loathe to explain at the time, but now apparently they can be made out of anything. I know I like to paint myself as hip and progressive but honestly stuff like this just makes me feel old and out of touch.

I mean what next? Hamsters made out of socks and a fish finger?

It's a slippery slope.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Here's The Shamen pre 'Ebeneezer Goode' paying tribute to the Labour MP Christopher Mayhew taking Mescaline on Panorama (it was never broadcast).

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »