Monday 22nd March 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 22nd March 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 22nd March 2021

Post by Willow904 »

So what lessons do we take away from yesterday's protest and last night's violence in Bristol?

First off I think it should be noted that the peaceful protesters and the rioters were different people, which is currently recognised by our laws which deem the first lawful and the latter unlawful. A distinction the new crime bill threatens to blur.

The second takeaway, indeed the thing which really jumps out, is that no statues were harmed as a result of this demonstration. Which is odd, given the new crime bill's focus on the urgent need for protection of statues. It's almost as if the bill is "solving" problems that don't exist while problems that do exist, like violent disorder, already have laws and police powers to deal with them.

Btw some of the graffiti sprayed last night suggests gang and drug dealer involvement. It won't stop the government from using the incident to justify their crime bill against protests, and the media will go along with their narrative, but anyone who is genuinely concerned about what happened last night should be asking questions about staffing and resources because the police looked worryingly under-prepared to deal with what appeared to be quite a small minority of trouble makers.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

There's nothing in what happened last night, that existing legislation can't deal with perfectly well.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.
Election Maps UK
@ElectionMapsUK
London Mayoral Voting Intention:

Khan (LAB): 53% (+9)
Bailey (CON): 28% (-7)
Porritt (LDM): 7% (+2)
Berry (GRN): 7% (+1)
Gammons (UKIP): 2% (-2)
Reid (WEP): 1% (-1)

Via
@OpiniumResearch
, 17-20 Mar.
Changes w/ 2016 Election.
Poor Lozza...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Tories must have thought the London vote was a write-off for them from the beginning, to have put Shaun Bailey up.

Love 'Gammons (UKIP)'. :D
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Willow904 wrote:
First off I think it should be noted that the peaceful protesters and the rioters were different people

Btw some of the graffiti sprayed last night suggests gang and drug dealer involvement.
A recurrent theme in BLM protests in the US.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
First off I think it should be noted that the peaceful protesters and the rioters were different people

Btw some of the graffiti sprayed last night suggests gang and drug dealer involvement.
A recurrent theme in BLM protests in the US.
Well that certainly would not surprise, unfortunately.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

These people have lost their minds...

BBC chief told to use 'more than one union jack' in annual report

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... ual-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tim Davie, the BBC’s director-general, has been taken to task by a Conservative MP for failing to include images of the union jack in the corporation’s annual report.

Following last week’s row between the Tories and the BBC over patriotic symbols, James Wild, the MP for North West Norfolk, told the head of the corporation that his constituents would “expect to see more than one flag” in the 268-page report.

Davie insisted that the lack of a flag in a report was “a strange metric” by which to measure patriotism within the corporation, and pointed out that a union jack flew over Broadcasting House in central London.
One wonders how many of his constituents have ever read the report...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.